[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
MTG Commander/Elder Dragon Highlander • View topic - Out of touch Old Man Needs Help

Login | Register

All times are UTC - 7 hours

It is currently 2020-Jan-18 11:17 pm

Post subject: Re: Out of touch Old Man Needs Help
AgePosted: 2018-Aug-16 9:19 am 

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2018-Aug-16 9:35 am 

Tell me about it. Most of my friends have always been younger than me, but where I used to have friends 5-10 years younger they're now 10-20 years younger :P

"- if this spell is played ten times in a given game then I suggest you warm up the tar and pluck some chickens" - tarnar

The internet's great at making noise, and poor at operating pants. There's gonna be half-dressed mobs screeching half-assed arguments for the rest of the 21st century - Kemev

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2018-Aug-16 10:05 am 

"The President's job - and if someone sufficiently vain and stupid is picked he won't realize this - is not to wield power, but to draw attention away from it." -- Douglas Adams, predicting the future.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2018-Aug-16 10:11 am 

"- if this spell is played ten times in a given game then I suggest you warm up the tar and pluck some chickens" - tarnar

The internet's great at making noise, and poor at operating pants. There's gonna be half-dressed mobs screeching half-assed arguments for the rest of the 21st century - Kemev

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2018-Aug-16 6:32 pm 

Thanks for the congratulations. I feel a lot better now that I know I'm surrounded by the elderly. Hey Viperion, that would make a nice theme!

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2018-Aug-18 3:22 pm 

"The President's job - and if someone sufficiently vain and stupid is picked he won't realize this - is not to wield power, but to draw attention away from it." -- Douglas Adams, predicting the future.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2018-Aug-19 11:14 am 

HK

Last edited by Treamayne on 2018-Aug-19 8:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2018-Aug-19 1:50 pm 

Welp, since I got a big tax return a month or so ago I've just blown $300 (USD) on cards and I still have 12 sets to go through using Sheldon's SCG articles :D

I could post a the giant list of what I bought (about 260 cards) if anyone's interested but I can't imagine anyone is. Gonna have to be a bit more circumspect about the last few sets, although I do still have a bunch of tax return money left over....

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2018-Sep-02 9:38 am 

Cards arrived (after a delay which was 100% on the local courier company, not on Card Kingdom, who were amazing), and literally spent every waking moment over the weekend going through the new cards, some old cards I'd already earmarked to go into my decks, and my folders (occasionally) tweaking all of my decks.

And I'm about 50% done. Oh boy.

When I'm done doing that I'll update my lists on deckbox.org and post 'em here.

There have been some small changes ( got one card - ) and some major ones ( got upwards of 30 changes), as well as 5 brand new decks ( and all the four colour decks aside from which I'm pretty happy with out of the box)

Still don't actually have a deck for most of the four-colour generals, but I have a plan for them, at least.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2018-Sep-02 9:52 am 

Also, I spent most of the weekend watching the CommandZone's Game Knights games - not bad and they have some good editing and a good sense of humour but man some of those decks and players are pretty cutthroat! It's not unusual to see a 15-20 minute 4 player game :O Good to see guest stars like Melissa Del Tora (spoiler; the Pro Tour player wins the game), Gavin Verhey, a couple of cosplayers, and an NFL defensive end getting in on some games. Pretty interesting stuff although they don't seem to upload very often and I think I've seen them all now.

Related; The Professor (from the Tolarian Community College) is a bit of an ass isn't he? Just me? OK ;)

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2018-Sep-03 7:41 am 

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2018-Sep-03 9:54 am 

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2018-Sep-03 11:09 am 

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2018-Sep-04 8:06 am 

Well finally finished 24/25 Single, Double, and Triple colour decks last night (Only Sultai to go, which is going to be a ground-up build of Snake/Gorgon/Naga tribal, possibly with a poison theme) - Next thing to do is get the online decklists updated.

Quite happy with how they turned out I think although obviously they need to be battle-tested. Also I'm still 6 or 7 sets behind so there are no doubt cards which will need to go in. I'm already making difficult decisions about what to cut so I suspect I'm getting to the "only completely on-theme cards will go in, but I'll be taking on-theme cards out" stage.... or cutting things like basic removal which really need to be in every deck.

From memory I made (approximately) about 10 changes on average with some decks getting many many more than that (notably Anax and Cymede, and changing the Inalla and Edgar Markov pre-cons) and a few which were changed less (Rafiq got 1 card, Omnath got 2)

Offline Profile