[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
MTG Commander/Elder Dragon Highlander • View topic - Furious Angels--Avacyn

Login | Register

All times are UTC - 7 hours

It is currently 2020-Jan-17 6:54 pm

Post subject: Furious Angels--Avacyn
AgePosted: 2016-Apr-30 11:18 pm 

(!empty($user->lang['IMAGE'])) ? $user->lang['IMAGE'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'IMAGE')))(!empty($user->lang['IMAGE'])) ? $user->lang['IMAGE'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'IMAGE')))

It's pseudo-Angel Tribal with some tricks, what were you expecting?
I honestly just wanted to see how viable Archangel Avacyn is in Commander, and she performs fairly well actually.

You know, I realized earlier today the title I gave this deck sounds almost like a motorcycle gang. It would sort of be tempting to make it that way...

I don't have all of the very best angels, but some of them can be quite costly money-wise. I've only managed to get the ones I have through years of collecting. , , , and all sort of fit into that category. is a cheap possibility, but I won't be putting in either of the other Avacyn or Iona.

is another direction I could take with this deck. I'd likely need a little more creature recursion in case I draw an important angel and am forced to discard it.

Last edited by Segrus on 2016-Jun-16 12:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Offline Profile  

Post subject: Re: Furious Angels--Avacyn
AgePosted: 2016-May-16 11:53 am 

Have you thought about and ? Blasphemous Act itself would kind of fit with the Avacyn and Akroma figures falling from grace. They would also work well with to then re-direct somewhere else. I do something like that in my Blendo 60 card deck, using BA with , and other cards like that.

pretty much ensures a really, concentrated blast against an opponent. My friend's son uses the shield in a red mass-blast deck that hits him (and everyone/everything else), uses to double, goes through the shield to a and then to his chosen target to leave him untouched and someone else in ashes.

Under Re-Construction:
- Defenders of Dune (only 8 less Fremen/equipment, adding ramp and answers)
- Zegana's R&D
- Jenara's Celestial Army (needs more answers, ramp, less angels...turns out Jenara can tank quite effectively as a voltron.)

Nuked decks:
(converted back to the 60 card deck it originated from, ending its edh dependency on tutors)

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2016-May-18 7:42 am 

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2016-Jun-16 4:26 am 

Looks cool. Two sugestions. First resto angel isn't that good when so much of your deck is other angels. Second I don't know if she is good enough but I kind of want you to use Razia just so she can redirect the damage from the Avacyn flip.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2016-Jun-16 12:21 pm 

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2016-Jun-16 1:01 pm 

Wait a bleeding minute, how can you incorporate Red creatures when there isn't any red in her mana cost?

RaiRai's Decks of Otherworldlyness:

Unknown Horizons
Bane of the Vast 1.0
Call from Eternity
Twisted Nightmares

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2016-Jun-16 1:28 pm 

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2016-Jun-16 1:38 pm 

Thank you for clarifying.

Anywho, I recommend if you are doing a tribal deck, add obelisk of urd and or coat of arms to beef up your angels into a huge threat?

RaiRai's Decks of Otherworldlyness:

Unknown Horizons
Bane of the Vast 1.0
Call from Eternity
Twisted Nightmares

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2016-Jun-16 2:50 pm 

Offline Profile