[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
MTG Commander/Elder Dragon Highlander • View topic - Doran Treehugger

Login | Register

All times are UTC - 7 hours

It is currently 2020-Jan-19 1:20 pm

Post subject: Doran Treehugger
AgePosted: 2015-Nov-26 11:08 am 

(!empty($user->lang['IMAGE'])) ? $user->lang['IMAGE'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'IMAGE')))

I feel like everyone has built this deck before, but since I finally actually put it together today I feel the need to put the decklist down for later purposes. I'm not necessarly looking for advice, but I'm still open to suggestions. The deck is plenty casual (in my opinion), although card draw is a little lacking from my petulant history of not stocking up on ever. No, seriously, I'm probably up to ten or twelve decks which would probably profit from one of them.

Anyway, the deck is casual and the theme is treefolk/trees/branches/vines/those wood things. All of the cards have some kind of tree or treekfolk or something of the kind in its image or rules text. Even the basic lands do.

Notable missing cards:
1) : its big and bad, and draws cards. Now, just to pay ~$8 for a each of a few of them.

2) Treefolk: , , , and are all missing from my collecting currently or are in several different decks already. I'll place these in just as soon as I buy them.

3) I ran out of steam pretty quickly here, so my list is going to have to be short for now.

Thanks for taking a gander at it. It won't be great, but I get an itch periodically to play Treefolk.

Last edited by Segrus on 2015-Nov-26 4:15 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Offline Profile  

Post subject: Re: Doran Treehugger
AgePosted: 2015-Nov-26 3:26 pm 

What about ? Acts as Doran #2 while also providing you global pump.

is a treefolk as well.
If you're running Cairn Wanderer and Mirror Entity, seems worth a look.

- seems very strong here.
- also seems good.

I'm not convinced Greater Good would be especially good here. Treefolk tend to be low power, so your card draw would not be very inspiring compared to your discard in many cases.

Also I'm going to assume "" in your list meant to be "".

EDIT: .

"The President's job - and if someone sufficiently vain and stupid is picked he won't realize this - is not to wield power, but to draw attention away from it." -- Douglas Adams, predicting the future.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2015-Nov-26 4:14 pm 

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2015-Nov-26 7:34 pm 

i hate it ;-)

I all seriousness, I agree we have all wanted a big awesome Treefolk deck. I can't think of any ideas really as you seem to have it covered. I built my goblin deck for similar reason to you building this, just cuz! haha. Hopefully next time they face off, you wont get indestructible out immediately haha

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2015-Nov-27 5:34 pm 

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2015-Nov-29 12:39 am 

( and creatures that deal noncombat damage)
(Voltron and x-spells)

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2015-Nov-29 3:07 pm 

Offline Profile