[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
MTG Commander/Elder Dragon Highlander • View topic - Gisela Ablaze

Login | Register

All times are UTC - 7 hours

It is currently 2020-Jan-19 1:51 am

Post subject: Gisela Ablaze
AgePosted: 2013-Aug-01 10:36 am 

My favorite card has to be : it turns trash cards into s +1 and then bring those trashed cards back for free. The only way I can think of to make that better would be doubling the damage from both of those abilities, so (I call her "Ms. Bunchen" for obvious reasons) gets to be the commander since Miss Nalar can't. The deck has, essentially, two win strategies: the main strategy is burn cards pitched with Miss Nalar for 8 direct damage to a target (thanks to Ms. Bundchen) then recasting those pitched cards for double damage for free (always a fun event in my games), the other strategy is a basic white weenie rush with and and a lot of good Boros cards (Batallion FTW!!1!)

Commander: Mrs. Tom Brady

Honorary Commander

Fuel for the Fire

Fire Tenders

The Angelic Legion and their little human soldier buddies

Military Support

General Support (The firebenders can have it, too, I guess)

Put A Cherry (or Two) On Top

Exploitables, er, Natural Resources

15x
15x

My favorite bit is Gisela + Chandra + Aurelia = 20 commander damage in 1 turn.

Honorable Mentions
to take one of the "cherry on top" slots
for military support/exploitable
for tokens and defensive mechanic
, , and for good interplay between themselves and others via the Coat and the Door.

Constructive feedback appreciated.

The only way I'll ever play in a Pro Tour is if EDH is ever made an "official" format...

Last edited by cecilbdemented on 2013-Sep-08 9:03 am, edited 8 times in total.

Offline Profile  

Post subject: Re: The Fire Rises, or Gisela Ablaze
AgePosted: 2013-Aug-01 4:27 pm 

Needs .

Mayael the Anima

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2013-Aug-02 6:08 am 

I would (pretty sure I have one), but with and I get enough tokens, and they get big enough with the Coat and the Door. I just like ol' fashioned direct damage.

BTW, is it just me or does the url tags on this forum not work?

EDIT: In terms of M14, I'm thinking of adding because more burn is always better. My only question is how that would work with Gisela: if I cast a burn card that does x damage normally, would it do 2x+2 or 2(x+2) damage? and might be nice, but not really functional. (I really don't like the annual core sets. I only look at the spoilers to see what has shifted out because I own all the reprints I need.)

The only way I'll ever play in a Pro Tour is if EDH is ever made an "official" format...

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2013-Aug-11 4:19 am 

Finally bought a single from the local nerd store and got a pack of 14 that had a . Swapped them in for (she didn't really fit with either of the strategies) and (the "attacking/blocking creature" restriction doesn't really work with 's ultimate) respectively.

Offline Profile  

Post subject: Re: Gisela Ablaze
AgePosted: 2013-Sep-02 2:20 pm 

Theros Previews! Here's what I'm looking at for this deck:

Higher Priority:
RW Scry land. Duh.
for her soldier token +1, biggun killing mid, and nice ultimate for tokens/weenies.
for even more damage generation.
The new .
to keep the commander or another big gun on the field.
to help get the mana to pull out the big guns.
the new art looks better to me.

Lower Priority:
for some soldier support.
as a good alt.
and as good cheap soldiers, but there's not much for the Heroic ability to work with.
pumps a weenie then explodes on someone, but I'm hesitant to give up a slot for it.
turns the humans into firebenders, but it's a bit too expensive.

I'll probably update this daily...ish, since this thread is my main record of this deck.

Offline Profile  

Post subject: Re: Gisela Ablaze
AgePosted: 2013-Sep-08 9:01 am 

Bought the Heroes vs. Monsters Duel Decks yesterday for both the Theros preview cards and that the Heroes deck is RW. Swapped a few cards out: a for a Plains as the Scry mechanic tends to be very helpful in a Singleton format, a for the (the was moderately better than ), and a for as it gives more damage in one card and Overload wouldn't work with 's ultimate.

Offline Profile