[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
MTG Commander/Elder Dragon Highlander • View topic - Sundering Titan

Login | Register

All times are UTC - 7 hours

It is currently 2020-Jan-17 1:05 pm

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 173 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 12  Next
 Post subject: Re: Sundering Titan
AgePosted: 2012-Jun-20 12:05 pm 

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2012-Jun-20 12:22 pm 

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2012-Jun-20 1:27 pm 

I like how half the complainers are shouting,"Nobody plays the card!" and half are shouting, "We need to play the card or we can't beat ramp!"

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2012-Jun-20 1:37 pm 

My issue with Sundering Titan is this: you say it fights ramp, but how effectively? If I'm mono-colored, I scoff at your Titan and everyone else grumbles. If I'm two color ramp, I shrug it off and keep ramping, and everyone else grumbles. If I'm three color ramp, I stutter a bit but keep ramping, and other people grumble. In fact, the only time ST is an all-star is against 5c ramp decks (they've me want to run out and get a Titan of my own).

Meanwhile, the Maze, Stronghold, Canyons, and Coffers just sits there and smirks with its nonbasicness. Oh, and the controller is smirking too, because he doesn't run basics.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2012-Jun-20 1:47 pm 

If I'm running Karn or and Eldrazi, I couldn't give a crap less about what your is doing, as long as it doesn't hit me in the face 6 times.

I propose that to solve all the format's problems now and for ever, ban every card in the game that says "library", "search", "destroy", "exile", "all", "battlefield", "graveyard", "draw", "untap", or "damage" on the card. Also, anything with a semi-questionable color identity, anything that is remotely comparable to something on the banlist, and anything that brings up conflicts or loopholes in the rules.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2012-Jun-20 2:05 pm 

Sundering is NOT a good answer to ramp. That is not why I am unhappy it's banned.
Titan IS a good answer to Five Color Goodstuff.

People playing Titan as an answer to ramp are using the wrong tool. I'd be extremely unhappy if the RC banned Titan because how players are using a card.
This would be similar banning Black Myojin if drawing cards became a problem, because black Myojin is not the correct answer to excessive draw.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2012-Jun-20 2:09 pm 

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2012-Jun-20 2:52 pm 

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2012-Jun-20 3:12 pm 

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2012-Jun-20 3:16 pm 

DCI Level 1 Judge.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2012-Jun-20 3:32 pm 

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2012-Jun-20 3:35 pm 

Even though I'm completely in favor of the titan's banning (because I'm a RC fanboy probably), I'd still like to point out there was a recent thread for people to list cards they hate and would love to ban if they could be RC for a day. Sundering titan was about the 20th card mentioned, and it was only mentioned in a post saying "I can't believe no one has yet mentioned sundering titan". If I had 30 minutes I'd probably find that thread, it's on these forums.

DCI Level 1 Judge.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2012-Jun-20 3:51 pm 

Yeah, I remember that thread. I also remember that, after everyone pointed out ST's absence, the entire thread turned into a discussion about how much they hated ST, instead of listing multiple cards they hate.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2012-Jun-20 3:55 pm 

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2012-Jun-20 3:57 pm 

Upon reading the first page, there was a quote that came to mind when trying to debate something/anything: "When one starts throwing insults, it shows they are already on shakey ground."

I also believe something that a lot of people are missing and that so far, like, one or two other people have mentioned is that the RC themselves said (paraphrased) "It was a long time coming and should have come earlier."

Also, I think this may be the first time I have come to a proper agreement with trevor about something. I knew it was cold here at home. :mrgreen:

Offline Profile  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 173 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 12  Next