[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
MTG Commander/Elder Dragon Highlander • View topic - Viperion's 32 deck challenge: B - Lim-Dûl The Necromancer

Login | Register

All times are UTC - 7 hours

It is currently 2020-Jan-19 7:05 pm

Post subject: Viperion's 32 deck challenge: B - Lim-Dûl The Necromancer
AgePosted: 2018-Sep-08 8:22 pm 

(!empty($user->lang['IMAGE'])) ? $user->lang['IMAGE'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'IMAGE')))Lim-Dûl the Necromancer(!empty($user->lang['IMAGE'])) ? $user->lang['IMAGE'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'IMAGE')))

Theme: Zombies

Link to deckstats list: https://deckstats.net/decks/5132/21033-lim-dul

//Sideboard
SB: 1 # !Commander

//The Horde

//Bringing My n Back

//Bringing Yours Back

//Killing All the Mens

//Graveyard Tricks

//Other

//Powering the Evil

Comments/Notes:
Pretty straightforward aggro zombies. Has a bit of a late game when Lim-Dûl finally turns up and killing all your guys and making them mine. Turns out "limited" destruction effects (non-Spirit, non-Merfolk, etc) are cheaper, which makes Lim-Dûl's 1B take your guy affordable.

"- if this spell is played ten times in a given game then I suggest you warm up the tar and pluck some chickens" - tarnar

The internet's great at making noise, and poor at operating pants. There's gonna be half-dressed mobs screeching half-assed arguments for the rest of the 21st century - Kemev

Last edited by Viperion on 2018-Oct-30 9:25 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Offline Profile  

Post subject: Re: Viperion's 32 deck challenge: B - Lim-Dûl The Necromancer
AgePosted: 2018-Sep-08 8:23 pm 

Most recent changes

31/10/18
+1
+1

(9/9/18)

+1
+1
+1
+1
+1
+1
+1
+1
+1

Pretty sad to take out the "phage" creatures, but they're actually pretty bad. Otherwise, the changes are just new and inventive ways of killing your stuff or making more zombles.

"- if this spell is played ten times in a given game then I suggest you warm up the tar and pluck some chickens" - tarnar

The internet's great at making noise, and poor at operating pants. There's gonna be half-dressed mobs screeching half-assed arguments for the rest of the 21st century - Kemev

Last edited by Viperion on 2018-Oct-30 9:24 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2018-Sep-08 8:25 pm 

Possible additions:

(thanks Sid)

(Added)
(Added)

Last edited by Viperion on 2018-Oct-30 9:22 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2018-Sep-10 8:47 am 

seems a bit too narrow IMO. Having cards like is how I identify people I don't want to play magic with.

Your mana base is almost entirely basic swamps, so the new coffers would work almost as well as the old. I mean, you don't even have UtoY in there, so there would be almost no difference.

"The President's job - and if someone sufficiently vain and stupid is picked he won't realize this - is not to wield power, but to draw attention away from it." -- Douglas Adams, predicting the future.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2018-Sep-10 9:00 am 

Deathmark probably is narrow but as of yet I've never actually drawn it in anger to find out. It's just so cheap that I had to try it.

Helldozer is only there for /// type lands. I'd never hit a "regular" (which is to say, something that makes one or two mana) producing non-basic with it.

Yeah, the new coffers (whose name eludes me for the moment Edit: ) should probably go in here. Urborg was in here but with only Zombie Master giving Swampwalk it just wasn't doing enough so it went into some other (probably 3-colour) deck for fixing purposes (I think I own two)

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2018-Sep-12 3:55 pm 

My judge-fu is rusty...

If Lim-Dul and a heal of creatures are on the battlefield and someone casts Damnation, can you activate Lim-Dul for said heap of creatures?

Last edited by Kemev on 2018-Sep-17 9:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2018-Sep-12 4:07 pm 

Yes. I get a trigger for every opponent's creature that dies, and for each of those triggers I can choose to pay 1B when the trigger resolves.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2018-Sep-19 8:56 pm 

Cards added to third post

Offline Profile