[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
MTG Commander/Elder Dragon Highlander • View topic - Selvala Enchantress Lifegain

Login | Register

All times are UTC - 7 hours

It is currently 2020-Jan-17 6:54 pm

Post subject: Re: Selvala Enchantress Lifegain
AgePosted: 2015-Mar-08 12:03 pm 

Possible additions:

Abuse commander

Card draw

Graveyard Hate

Haste/Protection

Lands

- combos with Thawing Glaciers. Also can untap Kor Haven.

Life gain
- combos with Archangel of Thune

Pillow fort

Planeswalkers

Ramp
- Joz's favorite

Recursion

- on theme and saves your stuff

Removal

- nerfs a creature when attacking you, gains life if creature attacks someone else.

Top deck manipulation

Top deck shenanigans

Tutors

Utility
- use him to: sac enchantments that return to hand and recast to draw cards with cards like , save enchantments from exile, sac cards like with the triggered abilities on the stack to permanently exile cards, and combos with Martyr's Bond.

- combos with persist creatures and Spike Weaver

Win cons

- new from Dragons of Tarkir

Mayael the Anima

Last edited by Celerus on 2015-Mar-08 5:34 pm, edited 7 times in total.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2015-Mar-08 12:20 pm 

That's a list. the Rings and Bracers won't work though, Selvala's Parley is a (rather unusual) mana ability.

I'll take a look-see.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2015-Mar-08 1:42 pm 

Some good suggestions there. Here's what I'd consider adding.

Good with Mazes. Expensive. Not worth a slot over Righteous Aura (see below)

+
-
I have a spare, and it's just a better choice. No reveal, you get an effective draw for all lands instead of basics, same CMC.

+
-
Same function, but without reveal, cheat into play, and dig for Wincons. I need to get one... Later. Gotta space out my purchases...

+
-
Bounty was never fully on theme; mostly just for the landfall effect. Sigil of the new Dawn is more useful to recur utility creatures (i.e. all of them) and to trigger the Soul Sisters.

+
-???
Another anti-commander damage card, but repeatable. Nice. More utility than Deserted Temple would have. Not sure what to remove. ? ?

Good call. Not sure how often it'd be more useful than an alternative. Maybeboard.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2015-Mar-09 12:13 pm 

OP updated. Ended up cutting Powerleech for Righteous Aura.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2015-Mar-25 11:27 pm 

-
-

+
+

From some discussion with Joz last night. A couple changes to increase the Consistency and breadth of effect of the anti-Voltron package.

Two maybes I'd like feedback on:

1) . It's awesome in my Elzuri Manadorks. I'd like to include it as a Parley enabler, but I already have three mana producing lands that produce colorless only. I'm concerned about how that will effect the consistency of my manabase early on. Does anyone have any experience with this? I generally use fewer utility lands than this deck has, so I'm a bit outside my comfort zone here.

2) . It's growing on me over . Ice Floe can lock down a creature over several turns and requires no mana investment. In this way it prevents Narset's attack triggers. It only works on nonfliers though. On the other hand, Mystifying Maze strips the upgrades off a Voltron general, and deals effectively with +1/+1 strategies too, particularly Hydras. In the other hand, it's an awful lot of mana to leave open. I'm going to test out Ice Floe tonight since I have it already, but I'm interested in which one others prefer.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2015-Jul-12 4:12 am 

New set update.

+
Did they make this card specifically for my deck or what? Double life gain AND double draws from parley and enchantress effects? Oh hells yes!
+
Cost reduction and life gain in one isn't bad either.
-
-

is great recursion, but turning stuff into creatures is not so good.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2015-Jul-18 10:25 am 

I felt I could tighten things up a bit more, and weed out a few marginal cards.

+
I decided I really liked the recursion more than I disliked the creatures. Plus I got one in my packs. Unlike Alhammarret's Archive. :x
+
Extra ? Sure.
+
Moar pillow fort!
+
Moar! Moar!
+
Because . Oh how I dread facing that without an answer.
+
It's commander. And I had one free.

-
Not really on theme, and I've got a decent recursion suite now, for WG.
-
For Orbs of Warding. Never really made itself useful.
-
-
-
Marginal cards, though not useless at all.
-Plains
For Command Tower.

? It'd have its uses, and it's CMC1. Or will be enough?

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2015-Jul-24 5:45 am 

Not a bad game last night, though i didn't get to play with new toys much. Vs Child of Alara and mono-w bird guy (Kirtar?)The baby exploded once, killing various things, but mostly Sphere of safety and Aurification. Maze of Ith was safe, of course. Then I played Kor Haven, Dueling Grounds, Boon Reflection, some life gain, and a couple Enchantresses. After a few turns of lockdown (81 life) we called it a game.

Never had so much of my fort come up at once before.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2015-Jul-24 11:24 am 

Any reason you're not running ? Maybe I missed it being talked about somewhere...

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2015-Jul-24 12:00 pm 

Because the deck is built around not doing any damage whatsoever. Awesome card, but for me it reads 1W: do nothing.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2015-Aug-13 8:23 am 

? Playable? Off theme?

I'm replacing with .

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2015-Aug-13 10:57 am 

Out of curiosity, if I hit you with or ... what's plan B?

"The President's job - and if someone sufficiently vain and stupid is picked he won't realize this - is not to wield power, but to draw attention away from it." -- Douglas Adams, predicting the future.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2015-Aug-13 11:19 am 

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2015-Sep-28 12:40 pm 

The above game taught me two things: I have limited answers, and I needed more answers to and artifacts in general.

Thus, I added a light recursion suite of , , and to go along with . These replaced (had an annoying tendency to tuck my enchantments while looking for creatures), (the new recursion has broader applicability), and .

I also added for if I need removal with extreme prejudice. I traded out my enchantment exile, , , and , for that and enchantment and artifact exile in the form of and .

Finally, BFZ brought , which replaced (functionally identical, with extra Enchantress trigger), , which replaced a , and , which replaced . AHN is a great addition to the Pillowfort repertoire, and has an interesting synergy with . AHN will exile Shepherd, until such time AHN is destroyed (but not exiled of course); Shepherd then reenters play, returning AHN to my hand to recast. This casts the P5 net even wider.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2016-Jan-05 10:33 am 

-
-
+
+

Offline Profile