[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
MTG Commander/Elder Dragon Highlander • View topic - 4.01 Color Poison Blitz AKA Scion with Surprise

Login | Register

All times are UTC - 7 hours

It is currently 2020-Jan-17 3:56 pm

Post subject: 4.01 Color Poison Blitz AKA Scion with Surprise
AgePosted: 2014-Aug-22 12:37 am 

Last edited by Antis on 2014-Aug-30 8:19 am, edited 4 times in total.

Offline Profile  

Post subject: Re: 4.01 Color Poison Blitz AKA Scion with Surprise
AgePosted: 2014-Aug-22 3:45 am 

Intriguing.

I feel like isn't doing you enough. It does grant you something to do with the small fries when they're not longer able to connect for damage, but I feel something like would be better for you. Heck, could do you some work.

I'm surprised not to see on this list, or at least mentioned somewhere as part of a wishlist. for the same reason. You guarantee its effectiveness by throwing it onto a creature you're already pumping.

Funny enough, seems like a funny possibility. Have you considered ?

Finally, how do you feel about your ranged attack section? Caress of Phyrexia feels slow and possibly dangerous for giving them some cards.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2014-Aug-22 7:09 am 

is a Sorcery for 2 that simply reads: "Proliferate." That's good enough for me. If it eats up something else before itself, it's gravy.

I've considered Reclamation/Snapcaster and I'd rather draw actual creature/buff spell, respectively. I don't need specific cards, any one will do. The only recursion in the deck right now is (I don't have to go deeper with this one, do I?) and , which actually lets me choose, if I need a creature or a buff.

The problem with is that this is the one deck where it's weak. Most of my creatures aren't bigger than 2/2, so Berserk gives me +2/+0, trample and end-of-combat death. I have better cards for this kinda thing. I know it's better if I apply another buff beforehand, but in this deck, I don't want to play a card that's only good half the time.

and don't buff my creatures by themselves, so no.

is in testing, but before I added it, I met a lot of situations where it would end the game on the spot. The whole "Ranged attacks" section is basically there for those situations when it's impossible to attack for one reason or another. When they're menacingly swirling their swords in front of your attackers, shoot'em in the head, Indy style :)

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2014-Aug-22 7:36 am 

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2014-Aug-22 8:16 am 

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2014-Aug-23 7:16 pm 

UPDATE:

-Forest
-Swamp
-

+
+
+

Mana Birds! I'm so sorry I forgot about you! It won't happen again, I promise! Birds were in my original pre-Commander list, but somehow got lost in translation...

Also, yay for exalted! No yay for wallet :( I think I'll add some more mana dorks in time. Currently thinking of and . Seeing that there are only three infect guys to play on turn one, these can really speed things up. Up to a T3 kill in 1v1 I mean (see, told you not to play it in duels!).

Some may be surprised by me picking instead of something else, but it has proven its worth over the time, raising the answer quota just a bit. Snipe early blocker, increase poison. Simple, effective.

Offline Profile