[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
MTG Commander/Elder Dragon Highlander • View topic - Morinfen (??!?!)

Login | Register

All times are UTC - 7 hours

It is currently 2020-Jan-17 3:56 pm

Post subject: Morinfen (??!?!)
AgePosted: 2014-Jun-20 4:41 am 

So I tried something a little different, but it didn't work out how I wanted.

Commander

Creatures(19)

Artifacts (10)

Equipment (12)

Enchantments (5)

Instants (5)

Planeswalkers (3)

Sorceries (7)

Lands (37)

Ok, so the original plan was to go suicide black. I would include all the stuff that could hurt myself, then screw people with the effects. Then, in order to make scarier, I could voltron him up with a bunch of equipment.

Unfortunately my initial version had way too much self damaging stuff to be able to survive multiplayer games. As such, I added a bunch of life gain until I felt that I could actually, you know, live long enough to win. However that essentially makes the stuff more useless. And the voltron part didn't feel all that great to me as well.

I dunno, the deck is sort of good, I guess, in that it can win games. But it's not great, and I wouldn't recommend it to anyone. Have people made suicide Black work in multiplayer? What do you guys think?

Check out my article about the deck and vids of it in action here: http://puremtgo.com/articles/conqueror- ... l-morinfen

Offline Profile  

Post subject: Re: Morinfen (??!?!)
AgePosted: 2014-Jun-20 7:38 am 

Cards to consider:

Mayael the Anima

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2014-Jul-05 5:26 pm 

The idea has been bandied about my playgroup for a while, though no one has actually built it (mostly, we lack the , and don't really want to play this badly enough to go out and buy one). On MTGO, I understand they are much cheaper, but my group is a strictly paper one.

The thing that I had cooked up was W/B, headed by . It was partly so we could also play , and partly so that if you wanted to, you could just pay out life until you were sufficiently low for the purposes of a life rearranger (there was less life for value in my design, unlike yours). There may or may not have also been some shenanigans planned for .

Follow me on Twitter: @generalspeak

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2014-Jul-06 5:01 am 

Why u no run ?

"The President's job - and if someone sufficiently vain and stupid is picked he won't realize this - is not to wield power, but to draw attention away from it." -- Douglas Adams, predicting the future.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2014-Jul-06 4:15 pm 

Repay in Kind didn't make the cut because the mana cost was too high. I might be able to bring everyone down, but I would likely only be able to kill one person, and then be dead to the other 2.

The consensus is that you have to go Selenia to take full advantage of a suicide theme. She's always there in the Command zone, can drop your life total real quick, and gives you access to Reverse the Sands and Near Death Experience. Would definitely be better.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2014-Jul-06 10:49 pm 

"The President's job - and if someone sufficiently vain and stupid is picked he won't realize this - is not to wield power, but to draw attention away from it." -- Douglas Adams, predicting the future.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2014-Jul-07 3:41 am 

Follow me on Twitter: @generalspeak

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2014-Jul-10 12:10 am 

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2014-Jul-10 3:23 am 

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2014-Jul-10 4:03 am 

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2014-Jul-10 4:12 am 

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2014-Jul-10 4:42 am 

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2014-Jul-10 4:54 am 

Offline Profile