[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
MTG Commander/Elder Dragon Highlander • View topic - Anax-Cymede Enchantments

Login | Register

All times are UTC - 7 hours

It is currently 2020-Jan-17 3:56 pm

Post subject: Anax-Cymede Enchantments
AgePosted: 2014-May-11 12:46 pm 

(!empty($user->lang['IMAGE'])) ? $user->lang['IMAGE'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'IMAGE')))

After a fellow player made an instant/sorcery-based deck revolving around scary strikers (double strikers, that is), I felt inspired to make my own Anax and Cymede deck revolving around enchantments instead. I still play fairly casually, so the deck isn't meant to be hyper-aggressive. Also, I got bored in the middle of posting this, so I don't have a lot of commentary currently.

Commander:

MOST RECENT CHANGE:
-
+

Last edited by Segrus on 2019-Jun-29 9:51 pm, edited 8 times in total.

Offline Profile  

Post subject: Re: Anax-Cymede Enchantments
AgePosted: 2014-May-11 8:34 pm 

is good to fish out your enchant creature cards. You just need to use spirits and arcane spells. Plenty of decent spirit and arcane cards that are good on their own. , , , and . You could even use a high costed enchant creature card to shining shoal some serious damage back at players.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2014-May-11 9:54 pm 

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2014-May-12 12:29 am 

The duel deck version of looks like a hero, it's a good way to get some double duty from your aura's. That, together with . Together with the you already found should make it pretty hard to deal with your creatures in the combat step. would only add to that...

You could look at for card draw or deicide (the concept, not the card).

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2014-May-12 1:19 am 

goes too well with to ignore.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2014-May-12 4:51 am 

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2014-May-12 6:55 am 

IF 6 cmc is too much, there's other enchantment recursion you could look at. and could be game-enders.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2014-Aug-18 11:00 am 

While I'm not particularly making changes based on previous discussion, these are changes which don't require any additional money (and therefore the preferred option at the moment):

-..............................2 x Plains
-.................................2 x Mountain
-
-

These haven't been up to snuff. Celestial Ancient should be good, but normally it ends up being win-more. Shackles costs too much mana. Crusader's and Athlete's abilities aren't worth it. More lands are important, I've been finding.

I am putting Sun Titan in to help recover some. Rest in Peace seems obvious, since I don't have anything against graveyard-based decks currently. Markov and Ghostblade increase my double strike cards, which are really good for this deck. God-Favored General should help to activate enchantment triggers more. Outmaneuver and Marton support the deck, and I think they'll do better than what I'm taking out. I got a Spirit Bonds just for this deck--the tokens are useful, and the extra indestructible should be great.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2014-Aug-18 3:19 pm 

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2014-Aug-18 10:40 pm 

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2018-May-17 1:28 pm 

-
-
-

+
+
+

It's been a long time since this deck has gotten a proper update, but that doesn't mean this deck is at all neglected. Honestly, this is one of my favorite decks to play since it builds on the enchantment theme from an unexpected direction, making this Boros deck the little engine that could. I've taken on a table of five other players--one of them piloting one of my more solid decks--and come out the victor. So it's about time I pull in some of the newer cards and add them to this project.

Hanweir Militia Captain never felt like she pulled her own weight. I was once excited for the additional token support, but she just never really stuck around to do that (or only provided a single token). I'm hoping that Valduk will do much better.

Ghostblade Eidolon will be a much more controversial pick. But the thing is, while lots of people really enjoy double strike effects in Anax/Cymede decks, this deck is aiming to be slower. I'm not looking to take out opponents literally as quickly as possible; however, I'm looking to build advantage over time, then take my opponents by surprise when I recover much quicker than they realized. In the end, I just never find myself playing Ghostblade. The times I do play Ghostblade is typically when I have nothing else better to play. I'm hoping Danitha proves to have a greater effect by reducing the cost of the 14 auras I have in the deck.

Rapacious One's removal actually hurts the most. I may bring Rapacious One back in sometime. The threat Rapacious One provides is immense--not only is it a strong creature in its own right, it also has natural trample, creates tokens to pump later, and in a pinch generates tons of mana. But Tiana might do something a little more important: recur those very precious enchantments. The deck can't run without enchantments. This should be a welcome addition to help survive into the late game.

ADDENDUM: also, apparently this list is WAY behind. I've updated a whole ton of things in this list, so everything is practically brand new.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2018-May-18 6:34 am 

Wow- this deck is pretty awesome! :D

I might recommend and to assist with acceleration or consistency issues- and for on-theme pressure.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2018-May-19 12:29 am 

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2019-Jun-29 7:58 pm 

Is this deck still active? Have you made any updates?

I'm thinking of returning to Anax & Cymede since my meta decided that Feather was unfun to play against. :oops:

Is there anything new you've thought of?

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2019-Jun-29 9:50 pm 

Offline Profile