[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
MTG Commander/Elder Dragon Highlander • View topic - Nurse Nin's Red Cross Army

Login | Register

All times are UTC - 7 hours

It is currently 2020-Jan-17 3:55 pm

Post subject: Nurse Nin's Red Cross Army
AgePosted: 2013-Sep-19 10:45 am 

Last edited by Antis on 2015-Jul-03 9:50 pm, edited 26 times in total.

Offline Profile  

Post subject: Re: Nurse Nin's Red Cross Army
AgePosted: 2013-Sep-20 12:03 am 

I also have a tribal Nin deck, but mine is elementals. A couple of cards I might recommend are , (It's like Marton Stromgald but not as fragile), and .

Also, I'm suprised you aren't running , because he is best pals with Nin.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2013-Sep-21 7:59 am 

Shucks, I was gonna add Shared Animosity, but then I saw Purphoros in the spoilers and forgot about it :facepalm:
Second :facepalm: for Mogg Maniac - I know that card exists, I may even have one tucked somewhere, but I still managed to miss it. Thanks for that.
I'm considering Door of Destinies, but haven't found a slot for it yet, as it's not a number one priority for me right now. Both cards mentioned above are better for the deck, IMO. Pretty much the same goes for Distant Melody and that's maybe another card I'd add before The Doors.
BTW you got me really curious about your Elemental version, I'd very much like to see your list.
Thanks for the suggestions! :D

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2013-Nov-07 7:51 pm 

EDIT 11/8/2013 (post-Theros):
- Mountain
- Guttersnipe (sorry bro, tough competition)
- Koth of the Hammer (the deck is slowly balancing the two colors, so Koth is no longer that good. Still on the watchlist, though)
- Gauntlet of Power (as above, the color balancing made this not worth running)
- Mana Echoes (it surprises me, but this turned out not so great in this deck, mainly because most of the time it gives mana on my turn while I want to activate Nin during my opponents' turns)
- Márton Stromgald (replaced with Shared Animosity for most of the same effect for one less mana, far greater resilience and no need for haste)

+Nykthos, Shrine to Nyx (it's a two-color deck, but most of my permanents are red, so it works fine)
+Mogg Maniac (HOW COULD I MISS HIM?!!)
+Shared Animosity (oh Márton, how ENCHANTING you've become...)
+Curse of the Swine (got a foil one at the prerelease, OFC I'm gonna play it! :))
+Distant Melody (aaaaaand moar draw)
+Bident of Thassa (^this. Also, the activated ability is fun as hell)

Wishlist:
- I need to find room for this. Just imagining this with Purphy, Sogeking, Mogg Maniac or Stuffy Doll is enough to make me laugh diabolically :twisted: Also, in a pinch I can shoot others' creatures with Nin while drawing them less cards.

- don't know if it will be good, but on paper, I just LOVE this card :D Stops Uril, you know...
- considering this, but not sure

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2013-Nov-08 9:40 pm 

Thanks for the shoutout! I completely missed this thread. Lately, I have not been playing this deck too much, but seeing your thread I want to pick it up again and start testing it anew. Will probably start with your current list, because you've probably had more time with the deck than I ever had by now. I'll let you know my findings.

Kami of the Crescent Moon (mass draw, bounce and shenanigans)
Kazuul, Tyrant of the Cliffs (you did this to yourself: mono red edition)

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2013-Nov-09 8:06 am 

Don't mention it :D I'll be happy to hear from you! I'll add a little list of cards I've tried and took out:

- potentially a lot of mana, but very unreliable: it gives me mana almost exclusively in my main phase, but I often need to keep Nin ready during my opponents' turns to shoot whatever creature I'm chump-blocking with at the moment (or to shoot herself in response to and stuff). I ditched and for the same reason.
, - these two were in originally, when the deck was almost entirely monored with only a few blue cards, but since then, blue's share has increased steadily, so I had to lose mountains for islands and nonbasics. Eventually, I took these out because of that.
- too unreliable, not a Goblin, so it can't use haste from Warchief and Chieftain, does the trick way better.
, - I almost never had spare mana for the equip cost/trigger cost. The curve is low, so I want to be either casting Goblins or giving shots from Nin and there's rarely time for these artifacts in between. does WAY better job of boosting Nin in this deck.

Good luck to you!

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2014-Feb-20 5:21 am 

EDIT 2/20/2014:

-2 Mountains
- (not as useful as it first seemed, plus could theoretically go infinite with about three other cards)
- (underperformed, mostly was just a 3/3 that pinged for 2 or three before he died miserably; the dream of shooting him with Nin for at least three consecutive turns never happened; does the trick WAY better)

+ (yay for stability!)
+ (can take the medication, if needed)
+ (this is shaping to be much fun)
+ (FINALLY, I get to test this baby; don't let me down :D )

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2014-Feb-26 10:42 am 

I just put together a Nin Goblin deck. I wanted to build a UR Goblin deck for the longest time and then I saw your yours. I went with Goblins and Clones and it is a BLAST.

Played a game last night where I cloned Karador and then Sakashima'd Karador with an Aluren on the field. ALL THE GOBLIN SHENANIGANS! :twisted:

I'll post a decklist soon. I have to take Vicious Shadows out. It's too brutal in this deck for my group.

-> Wrath of Starke: MRC

Proving Grounds: Drawmia-maro, Titania When Lands Attack, Tromokratis Read it Again, Kaalia's Klerics, Hordes of Tribes.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2014-Feb-27 3:43 am 

Last edited by Antis on 2014-Aug-27 7:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2014-Feb-27 11:09 am 

Generals:
too many, and always changing... except:

Rakdos, Lord of Riots (Demon Tribal)
Melek, Izzet Paragon (Dragonstorm) -> these must stay because of a house rule

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2014-May-22 8:03 am 

What's up guys? I dug this deck up for a couple of games and rocked it. Deck is still very sweet. I love it how the deck plays all kinds of weird cards.

I have to say, I was skeptical about , but after going turn 1 Grounds, turn 3 Nin, getting an extra 4 cards out of 2 activations before she died was amazing. So yeah, I came around :).

Also, was an all-star.

I'll post my current list soon, but I don't think it's too different from Antis's

Kami of the Crescent Moon (mass draw, bounce and shenanigans)
Kazuul, Tyrant of the Cliffs (you did this to yourself: mono red edition)

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2014-Jun-04 10:42 am 

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2014-Aug-27 8:59 pm 

UPDATE 08/28/2014:

-
-
-
-

+
+
+
+

There are two cards I'm currently considering for this deck:

to have some -like spell aside from .
, so I can reuse all those juicy rituals and/or destruction spells once again.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2015-Jul-03 8:19 pm 

Offline Profile