[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
MTG Commander/Elder Dragon Highlander • View topic - Please help with my Thrax deck.

Login | Register

All times are UTC - 7 hours

It is currently 2020-Jan-19 1:53 am

Post subject: Please help with my Thrax deck.
AgePosted: 2013-Sep-05 4:15 pm 

I will be playing this deck primarily with 3+ players and occasionally 1v1. I do not care too much about the 1v1 part.

The deck is supposed to be a zombie combo deck. It uses zombies and other cards to combo out with or it can use DEN to do some other combos too. There are a couple other random things in it like dark depths that I put in for fun.

I'd like to make this deck more competitive while still maintaining the combo feel to it.

TL;DR please help to make this more competitive.

here is the decklist so far: http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/edh-zombie-deck-1/

Thanks!

edit: list on this page

Creature (24)

Artifact (11)

Enchantment (5)

Land (38)

8x Island

4x Mountain

10x Swamp

Sorcery (12)

Instant (7)

Planeswalker (3)

Last edited by kefkacakes on 2013-Sep-06 2:08 am, edited 5 times in total.

Offline Profile  

Post subject: Re: Please help with my Thrax deck.
AgePosted: 2013-Sep-06 12:07 am 

Fun fact: If you want people to help you with your deck, it'd be best to post the list here.

Offline Profile  

Post subject: Re: Please help with my Thrax deck.
AgePosted: 2013-Sep-06 1:24 pm 

Ok. This deck list looks pretty solid. The only card I dislike is , as I feel , , and are far better. However, I understand if you want to keep it for its Zombie type.

I suppose fitting the "zombie" theme narrowly while still helping with combo is a bunch of clones. combos well with Palinchron and can easily be used to be recurred over and over.

is the best recursion card ever printed (next to the banned ). Speaking of recursion, you might want to look into , , and . Finally, you're running a zombie deck packed to the brim with removal! Why not run the core reanimator cards: , , and . If you feel like these guys are so good that you want more, and have no problem joining you.

Offline Profile