[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
MTG Commander/Elder Dragon Highlander • View topic - Green white Tooth and nail combo.

Login | Register

All times are UTC - 7 hours

It is currently 2020-Jan-19 1:51 am

Post subject: Green white Tooth and nail combo.
AgePosted: 2013-Aug-23 5:25 pm 

As the title suggest, I would like some help in building a green/white combo deck. Goal would be to fetch game enders with such as and or and

I want to make cheating these creatures into play as consistent as possible. My choice of general has me hesitating between and .

Here is the decklist, so far. Manabase pending, because of needing the finalized mana curve before building the mana base.

24 Creatures

Enchantments: 9

Tutors: 6

Cheat stuff: 2

Ramp: 7

Reanimation: 2

Removal: 11

Draw: 4

Artifacts: 6

Need help, likely thinning cards, finding extra draw sources, and removing useless cards. Let me know on your input! All help much appreciated.

Offline Profile  

Post subject: Re: Green white Tooth and nail combo.
AgePosted: 2013-Aug-23 11:47 pm 

Well, the main problem with this deck is that it's not a "tooth and nail combo" deck. Sure, you have great creatures, so it's not a bad deck, and maybe you topdeck a tooth and nail and win. But GW is probably the worst combination if you need to get an instant/sorcery to win.

So, there are some different possibilities to make this a real tooth and nail combo deck:

1) Add Black: This is, for me, the best option. You get a LOT of tutors, so it's much easier to find tooth. Also, black gives you the + combo, which is quite lame, but if you like it, it's an option.

2) Stay GW and focus on "cheat into play" cards. , , and the new garruk are options (having to play more green creatures). You already have the best option: . You can play more tutors, something like , and, also, a TON of protection, since this T&N with "suspend 1" is one of the most hate-drawing cards ever. Some options to make it survive until your next turn are , , or . They ain't great cards, but you'll need them.
Some cards to make it easier to find combo pieces are , , , etc.

3) Go more for the "big guys" deck. It's a very good strategy, and it's more or less the one you have right now.

Anyway, if you're staying GW, one of the coolest pair to fetch with T&N is Avacyn and . Basically, your opponents won't have a nonland permanent for the rest of the game.

Find me in cockatrice to play some EDH.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2013-Sep-09 12:15 am 

Playtesting a version of the deck, so far the number one problems is dealing with clones. Does anyone have any solutions to deal with clones in an MTG game? Let me know, thank you in advance.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2013-Sep-09 7:15 am 

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2013-Sep-09 12:19 pm 

Follow me on Twitter: @generalspeak

Offline Profile