[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
MTG Commander/Elder Dragon Highlander • View topic - Diaochan's Wardrobe

Login | Register

All times are UTC - 7 hours

It is currently 2020-Jan-18 11:17 pm

Post subject: Diaochan's Wardrobe
AgePosted: 2013-Jul-03 9:40 am 

Here's the second iteration of a deck I've slapped together.

The first iteration was more chaotic and random. After having some very quality games (including, somehow, a couple of wins) I've decided to try and spruce it up a bit. I'm altering the focus to psuedo control while keeping some of the chaos and broad interaction. Basically I'm trying to make the deck better while still playing some cards that are there simply to be fun.

I'm still not trying to spend too much on it. Pricier cards that find their way into the deck tend to do so at the expense of other cards worth money.

The star of the show

Wardrobe

(pretend it's, like, a parasol or something)
(and this one's a walking stick)

(I don't think I have a theme explanation for this one. Statue in the bathroom? She's probably got a really sweet set up, right?)

Mana Base

x32

Draw things

Miscellaneous

Choke points

Removal, I guess

Other red legends

Change places!

Let's not play Magic for a couple minutes

Desperation

Last changed: 8/28
Lost a lot of cards, boo. Rebuilding.

Last edited by Onion Souffle on 2013-Aug-27 7:06 pm, edited 10 times in total.

Offline Profile  

Post subject: Re: Diaochan's Wardrobe
AgePosted: 2013-Jul-03 10:11 am 

is nice synergy with the vast majority of your deck.

seems to embody its name a bit too much.

>Reverberate

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2013-Jul-03 10:43 am 

is exactly the kind of thing I'd been hoping to see here; I'd completely forgotten about that card. Consider it in.

could almost be filed under the "Desperation" tag. It's probably the low man in the card draw slot. I'll have to see what other categories need shoring up before I'd remove it, though. I'm not a fan of and the remaining red draw effects are things like and I don't have the build to support random discard like that.

is in here because I owned it and not . I might just take out Dangerous Wager for Reiterate.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2013-Jul-03 10:54 am 

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2013-Jul-03 11:11 am 

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2013-Jul-09 12:28 pm 

I like this deck a lot, I might have to steal it :-)

If you're looking for a decent way to protect yourself and tibalt try a few mountains here or there (provided they're snow) is nothing especially if you can get your hands on a crucible of worlds.

I'd also think that would also have a decent spot somewhere in here, and if you can get a in there it can really help in dealing with a few of those pesky non critter permanents. Especially with the gobo welder, if you can find a place for him.

Have fun, good luck!

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2013-Jul-10 7:17 am 

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2013-Jul-17 4:45 am 

I would like to thank everyone who's looked at the previous versions of this decklist for not openly laughing at me for not understanding how hexproof interacts with Diaochan. (the answer: it does so poorly)

Offline Profile