[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
MTG Commander/Elder Dragon Highlander • View topic - Question of the Week

Login | Register

All times are UTC - 7 hours

It is currently 2020-Jan-19 4:44 am

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 108 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
 Post subject: Re: Question of the Week
AgePosted: 2018-Dec-04 6:51 am 

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2018-Dec-04 9:04 am 

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2018-Dec-04 9:42 am 

Please no facebook. Have something with threads, topics, and a decent search function

"- if this spell is played ten times in a given game then I suggest you warm up the tar and pluck some chickens" - tarnar

The internet's great at making noise, and poor at operating pants. There's gonna be half-dressed mobs screeching half-assed arguments for the rest of the 21st century - Kemev

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2018-Dec-04 10:52 am 

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2018-Dec-04 1:24 pm 

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2018-Dec-04 1:30 pm 

Hashtagging on Facebook doesn't solve anything; I use them for a weekly NFL update I do for some friends and even searching on that hashtag does not return everything from the last month, let alone the last two years.

Facebook is frankly unfit for purpose for anything for which it's desirable to have a history greater than two weeks.

"- if this spell is played ten times in a given game then I suggest you warm up the tar and pluck some chickens" - tarnar

The internet's great at making noise, and poor at operating pants. There's gonna be half-dressed mobs screeching half-assed arguments for the rest of the 21st century - Kemev

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2018-Dec-04 8:05 pm 

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2018-Dec-05 4:53 am 

I assume RC does not need it but just in case I can help you get this site to the 21st century technology including a mobile app.

We can talk about your needs (I am talking now to the site owners) and I can advise you what do we need to do to accomplish that.

I have a degree on CS as an Analyst and developer so if needed I can fulfill both roles

The current updated decklist is here
The current updated decklist is here

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2018-Dec-05 6:32 am 

Discord is great for a number of things (I'm on 15 different Discord servers at the moment) and the search function is good but again it doesn't do threaded conversations.

I agree (more or less) that phpBB isn't the most modern platform but it does things pretty well. The other forums that I'm a member of either still use phpBB or use Discourse which does some things very well, and some things not as well, as phpBB. It's much more modern looking though.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2018-Dec-05 11:37 am 

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2018-Dec-06 4:25 pm 

The forums here are fine and don't need updating as long as they are working as intended. It's so nice coming here and having just a normal forum format that reads linearly. Forget Reddit, discord, facebook, or whatever other confusing thing.
----------
Question for Sheldon:
From a design standpoint, how do you feel about cards like that fill a needed role/archetype, but are designed in a way that generates cookie cutter decks.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2019-Jan-04 9:47 am 

Do you still keep in touch with Obsidiandice? How is he doing?

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2019-Jan-09 3:59 am 
EDH Rules Committee

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2019-Jan-14 2:29 am 

This may be a little off-topic, Sheldon, but is there any chance we could get an update of the database you use for your decks? The lists at the bottom of your articles don't appear to have been consistently updated since around Ixalan or so.

I realise it's a minor concern, but it's been getting more difficult to follow along with your great deck update articles without the current lists to go with them.

(Red Artefacts).
(Simic Voltron).
(Bant Polymorphs).
(Grixis Treasure).
(Jund Apostles).
(Mardu Judo).

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2019-Jan-14 12:35 pm 
EDH Rules Committee

Offline Profile  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 108 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next