[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
MTG Commander/Elder Dragon Highlander • View topic - Its Almost Grixis Season! - Gift Exchange

Login | Register

All times are UTC - 7 hours

It is currently 2020-Jan-19 4:43 am

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 534 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 36  Next
 Post subject: Its Almost Grixis Season! - Gift Exchange
AgePosted: 2012-Oct-30 1:33 am 

Last edited by Tim Proctor on 2013-Oct-17 9:28 am, edited 54 times in total.

Offline Profile  

Post subject: Re: Its Almost Grixis Season!
AgePosted: 2012-Oct-30 2:29 am 

sure! everybody has all these useless primeval titans laying around anyway :)

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2012-Oct-30 3:50 am 

I'd be up for this...There is a cool version of this on MTGSalvation where people alter the cards (poorly or high quality it matters not) and then send them out. I used to do this all the time until sally filled up with d-bags. I'd be up for it

Here are the cards I sent in past years:
http://www.wooberg.net/1/category/happy%20holidays/1.html
http://forums.mtgsalvation.com/showthread.php?t=374265&highlight=official+exchange

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2012-Oct-30 4:14 am 

I am to poor to afford Entreat the Angels or Trostroni or bonfire of the Dammned...

sure. Why not. Someone lucky will get an Alter from me I guess.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2012-Oct-30 5:15 am 
EDH Rules Committee

Tim, I assume you're going to collect and distribute the addresses?

I'm game.

Sheldon

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2012-Oct-30 5:27 am 

@Sheldon, I can, I'm assuming that I've just been voluntold that I am.

I'll put everyone into an Excel spreadsheet and use the random number generator to divvy up the secret Nicol Bolas's, all people need to do is to send me their name/address and I'll populate the spreadsheet and then on the 5th of December (should give everyone plenty of time) I'll PM people with their target (should give everyone enough time to send out).

Is there a way that we can possibly get this stickied until then? So that we can maximize on the Grixis cheer?

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2012-Oct-30 7:01 am 

I'm keen :) 5th December might be too late for me though given I'm in New Zealand (for those worried about overseas postage, a single card in a single topload costs about twice as much as normal letter)

Accepting non-US entrants?

(Oh, and although Saint Nic(ol Bolas) is pretty clever I think you'll find it's Naya season - Red, Green and White ;) )

"- if this spell is played ten times in a given game then I suggest you warm up the tar and pluck some chickens" - tarnar

The internet's great at making noise, and poor at operating pants. There's gonna be half-dressed mobs screeching half-assed arguments for the rest of the 21st century - Kemev

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2012-Oct-30 7:54 am 

Yeah, and Grixis season goes from whenever Nicol Bolas decides to whenever he decides so if it doesn't make it by the 25th it shouldn't be that big of an issue. Since AZN only still costs under a buck it shouldn't matter to much to the person who gets to send to you.

Oh and used to have the season until Nicol Bolas killed him and took it for his own.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2012-Oct-30 8:11 am 

I'm running one of these for another MtG site, but I'd be down to participate here.

Do we put wishlists here or is it going to just be "send people whatever"?

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2012-Oct-30 8:12 am 

Just people send whatever, and pm me your address.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2012-Oct-30 5:24 pm 

I'm interested in doing this.

I would offer to make a custom foil, but they are just for generals and not universal. I'd hate to send someone a Kresh when their general is Karrthus.

I do have some fun signed cards around.

I've got a Commander blog: http://wordofcommander.blogspot.com/ and it includes my custom-foil generals and how to make them!

If you're into the finance side of things, look me up in the Casual Fridays column on the MTGPrice Blog.

Enjoy!

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2012-Oct-31 12:00 am 

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2012-Oct-31 3:21 am 
EDH Rules Committee

Tim, it'd also be nice to have some kind of guidelines on what we're sending. I intend to come up with something unique and awesome, but an idea of the direction we're headed would be great.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2012-Oct-31 3:52 am 

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2012-Oct-31 4:53 am 

Offline Profile  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 534 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 36  Next