[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
MTG Commander/Elder Dragon Highlander • View topic - Cool Plays Thread

Login | Register

All times are UTC - 7 hours

It is currently 2020-Jan-18 3:17 am

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1815 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 121  Next
 Post subject:
AgePosted: 2009-Apr-30 9:25 am 

Player 1 tried to play Sulfurous Blast wiping nearly all of the board. Player 2 played Mirrorweave on Tephraderm. There were some 30 creatures in play.

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
AgePosted: 2009-May-02 1:10 pm 

Generals: Sharuum, Wydwen the Biting Gale, Doran the Siege Tower, Rafiq, Kresh, Vorosh, Teysa, Ramirez DiPietro, Karona

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
AgePosted: 2009-May-05 1:38 pm 

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
AgePosted: 2009-May-12 8:28 pm 

Hokori, the d*** drinker

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
AgePosted: 2009-May-24 3:40 pm 

This past saturday, a friend of mine "lived the dream" with his Uril, the Miststalker deck! He was playing in a Pod with a Zur deck, a Hanna Deck, and a person who was playing Mill. The mill player played Tunnel Vision naming Boros Garrison targeting the Uril deck. He took out 3/4ths of my friends deck. My friend had Uril in play at the time. Next turn of his after the Tunnel Vision resolved, my friend played a Replinish.... He was able to hit the mill player for nearly 200 damage with 4 instances of life link, he basically gained 800 life points because of it. Not only did Uril have around 200 power and 4 instances of life link, he also had at least one instance of trample, and protection from creatures. "That's what happens to people who mill in multiplayer!"

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
AgePosted: 2009-May-24 4:18 pm 

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
AgePosted: 2009-May-24 10:07 pm 

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
AgePosted: 2009-May-25 2:54 pm 

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
AgePosted: 2009-May-28 5:49 am 

3-man at lunch, I'm testing my Sapling deck against Jhoira & Gaddock.

Jhoira on 21 life gets an Inkwell Leviathan & Bogardan Hellkite in play along with Jhoira & has a Ghitu Encampment in the wings. Gaddock has Mother of Runes w/. Behemoth Sledge, a fresh Jotun Grunt and Maze of Ith and is on 15 life.

I have a tapped Sapling w/. Greaves, a Garruk Beast token and Wickerbough Elder (with counter), Filth in the graveyard and Lord of Extinction in hand.

Jhoira attacks me down to 5 with me double-teaming the Leviathan with the token and Elder and he passes the turn. I have no fliers and no way to block or prevent the Hellkite if he attacks me the next turn. I topdeck Urborg, Tomb of Yawgmoth.

Jhoira doesn't twig. I announce Urborg as my land drop. I play the Lord of Extinction who is now 21/21. I equip the Greaves over on to it and turn him sideways at Jhoira. When he goes to announce blockers I point to my graveyard and his face just goes :? :shock: :x :cry:

Worse still is that he sticks around to see the next turn. I waste Gaddock's Maze and attack him with the Lord. Gaddock Disenchants the Greaves, Paths the Lord and announces "Oh, I've had those since my opening hand!" Jhoira = :evil:

I was thinking Filth/Urborg was a bit janky but I'll probably keep it now. 8)

Sissay 5c Superfriends
Morophon Eldrazi (5C Devoid)
Grenzo's Goblins

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
AgePosted: 2009-May-28 7:10 am 

Nice! I also hereby award you the prize for best use of emoticons in a tournament report for this gem:

"When he goes to announce blockers I point to my graveyard and his face just goes :? :shock: :x :("

:D

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
AgePosted: 2009-Jun-05 9:11 am 

He's playing Doran, I'm playing Rubinia Soulsinger

Turn 1 him: Land, SDT.
Turn 1 me: Brushlands, Mana Crypt, Basalt Monolith
Turn 2 him: Top on Upkeep, play land
Turn 3 me: Flagstones, Catastrophe destoying all lands, search for Hallowed Fountain.
Turn 3 him: Draw go.
Turn 4 me: Search up Slithermuse, draw 5.
Turn 4 him: Draw go
Turn 5 me: Enlightened Tutor for Mana Reflection, he scoops.

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
AgePosted: 2009-Jun-05 7:13 pm 

Hokori, the d*** drinker

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
AgePosted: 2009-Jun-14 11:14 am 

Generals: Sharuum, Wydwen the Biting Gale, Doran the Siege Tower, Rafiq, Kresh, Vorosh, Teysa, Ramirez DiPietro, Karona

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
AgePosted: 2009-Jun-20 6:20 am 

won another 4 man multiplayer with Brion yesterday. The deck feels so bad, but it keeps winning. Killed 3 people in the combat zone with an amazing curve:

1: Landtax
2: Boros signet
3: Voice of all (was getting attacked by a mono-red deck)
4: Brion
5: Sword of Fire and Ice, equip Brion, swing
6: Rage reflections, swing for 12, kill 2 creatures, draw 2 cards, get 12 life.
7: Razia, Boros Archangel, kill one player with Brion

In the face of my nearly unstoppable onslaught the other players teamed up, with an Oblivion Ring on my Rage Reflections and a Jokulhaups from the mono red deck..
Of course, thanks to Land Tax, I was still holding 5 lands in my hand, and won easily afterwards.

Hokori, the d*** drinker

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
AgePosted: 2009-Jun-20 12:38 pm 

Offline Profile  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1815 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 121  Next