Login | Register

All times are UTC - 7 hours

It is currently 2019-Dec-06 10:25 pm

Post subject: User designed cards restricted to "Random Chatter"
AgePosted: 2008-May-13 9:54 am 
EDH Rules Committee

There are few people who enjoy designing "fan cards" as much as I, and threads like "The Art of the Awful card" are great fun.

EDH has a good following within WotC though, and there are at least a few members of R&D who like to peruse these forums. Unfortunately, for legal reasons R&D is required to avoid forums where they might be exposed to unlicensed ideas. As a compromise, we're going to restrict discussion of novel card ideas to the "Random Chatter" forum from here on out. That way, anyone who would like to (or needs to) avoid such things can do so by avoiding that small area, at not much loss.

So, fan-cards/sets/what-have-you (EDH related or otherwise) in Random Chatter: Good. Elsewhere: Bad (and will be erased).

Thanks for your understanding.

G

Offline Profile  

Post subject: Re: User designed cards restricted to "Random Chatter"
AgePosted: 2010-Jun-09 1:10 pm 

Can I just ask.

If I was to post a deck and wanted to use a home made card as the general (my playgroup are really keen to test out the idea), should I...

A) Create a thread in random chatter that features the card separately and post a link to the thread (creating spurious threads),
B) Create the card description on a separate site and link to it (meaning that it is not contained within the random chatter section)
C) Post the entire decklist in random chatter (meaning that other players probably won't comment on it as they aren't looking for decklists there)

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2010-Jun-09 2:18 pm 
EDH Rules Committee

DAAAN wrote:
If I was to post a deck and wanted to use a home made card as the general (my playgroup are really keen to test out the idea), should I...

I think you could post it in other forums (if appropriate for a decklist), but put the details of your custom card/general in spoiler tags so that anyone who wants to avoid seeing it can do so. Then, assuming it's in its own thread, make the thread title clear (eg: [Custom Card] RGU tokens using Wabash, Flaming Walrus as general)

Cost: 2RGU
Type: Legendary Creature - Walrus Barbarian
PT:5/3
Sacrifice a creature: Draw X cards then discard 3 cards, where X is the sacrificed creature's power.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2010-Jun-09 3:33 pm 

OK I like that.

To be clear
Post in Decklists section
Clearly indicate in title that there is a custom card involved
Spoiler the card

Should I also avoid mentioning the abilities of the general in the main body of the decklist i.e. Saying that this would have synergy with my general or do you think that is acceptable.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2010-Jul-12 12:35 am 

I concur with the idea of mana tags - that would be a terrific addition.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2011-May-30 2:22 pm 

Why not add a separate forum for custom generals? Then people can just link to there thread in there, and have people discuss the generals in those threads?

Offline Profile