Login | Register

All times are UTC - 7 hours

It is currently 2019-Dec-08 12:20 am

Post subject: Boldwyr Heavyweights
AgePosted: 2008-May-09 8:46 am 

I'm curious about the way in which opponents reveal the creatures they are getting off of a Boldwyr Heavyweights trigger. Does everyone pick their creature without knowing what the other players are picking, does it go in APNAP order, or is there another method?

* This symbol means it is a joke.

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
AgePosted: 2008-May-09 9:01 am 

If you're extremely technical with the rules, then in Magic it's active player first, then the next player who would get priority, and so forth. So the active player would search first, then the next player would search. Slow eh?

Most casual tables would just all search at the same time and would put them into play in order of who found theirs faster. Half the time what they search out could be irrelevent to each other unless you wana play with "Shriekmaw psychology" (ie. searching for a removal depending on whether the previous player(s) deal with it, see above paragraph on priority).

Some groups I've seen do the search, put the card face down, then when everyone's ready, all is revealed.

Just one note though: any triggered abilities or static abilities from/affecting the searched Pokemon don't happen until after everyone's put their creature into play.

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
AgePosted: 2008-May-09 9:53 am 

Doraemon wrote:
... from/affecting the searched Pokemon don't happen until after ...

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
AgePosted: 2008-May-09 9:47 pm 

oops, my bad

I'm just gona leave that up there...can't believe that I wrote that without noticing... :shock:

*gags*

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
AgePosted: 2008-May-10 1:36 am 

No one else plays Boldwyr Heavyweights but me. Wonder why? I use him as a 'happy' suspend card with Jhoira of the Ghitu so players don't mess with me.

I tell everyone to find something and put it face down. Then everyone flips.

Likely the designer of your EDH general

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
AgePosted: 2008-May-10 9:15 am 

NorrYtt wrote:
No one else plays Boldwyr Heavyweights but me. Wonder why? I use him as a 'happy' suspend card with Jhoira of the Ghitu so players don't mess with me.

I tell everyone to find something and put it face down. Then everyone flips.

well... a bunch of eternal witnesses and protean hulks coming down is enough to turn me off the card

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
AgePosted: 2008-May-10 10:05 am 

Someone played Heavyweights in my play group while I was playing Hidetsugu.
I went and got Hostility. Turn passes to me and I Flame Rift ... attack the guy next to me who got Oros for 42.
He blocked Hostility of course, but then I proceeded to smash each other player one by one.

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
AgePosted: 2008-May-10 7:18 pm 

The *correct* thing to do is have Pandemonium and Stalking Vengence in play before you even play the dude. MMmmmmmmmmmYYYYYEEEEAAAAAH.DEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAATTTTTHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
AgePosted: 2008-May-12 2:58 pm 

Philatio wrote:
The *correct* thing to do is have Pandemonium and Stalking Vengence in play before you even play the dude. MMmmmmmmmmmYYYYYEEEEAAAAAH.DEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAATTTTTHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!

Stalking Vengeance only triggers on your guys (besides him) going to the yard.

I've got a plan to build a non-EDH Heavyweights/Insurrection deck sometime. Go get your good shit, then give it all to me...

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
AgePosted: 2008-May-12 4:06 pm 

Nomad wrote:
Philatio wrote:

Stalking Vengeance only triggers on your guys (besides him) going to the yard.

I've got a plan to build a non-EDH Heavyweights/Insurrection deck sometime. Go get your good shit, then give it all to me...

I know what he does. He says " don't go fetch a board wiper like Crater Helion or Tornado Elemental out of your deck or my dying dudes will smack your face on their way out".

Offline Profile