Login | Register

All times are UTC - 7 hours

It is currently 2019-Nov-11 8:28 am

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 148 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 10  Next
 Post subject: Re: Grixmas 2018
AgePosted: 2018-Nov-08 1:33 pm 

St. Nic Bolas wrote:
First attack has been launched.

Don't forget to keep on eye on page 1 - post 2 to see how many parcels are in transit; and check your summary to see if something is coming your way.

Great Lord I have kept an eye on page one post two now for several days... may we blink? The pain is horrible!.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2018-Nov-08 10:49 pm 

Shabbaman wrote:
Unfortunately I still haven’t learned how to professionally alter cards, although that was my ambition for the past two years. Not that I have the talent for a real alter, but painting a grixmas hat is a skill that would make me happy. The stretch goal is expanding art with merry.

Time to unban Painter's Servant: I have fought through the horde of warhammer nerds and bought acrylic paint and brushes.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2018-Nov-13 1:08 pm 

Whelp... it's not every day you get just what you asked for for Grixmas... but I did! Still working on the pictures... and on ID'ing the sender, who clearly was feeling ambitious.

Now, off to drink people... :twisted:

EDIT: Here are the images;

A big thanks to [slim shady] for this! Did you do the alters yourself? Also, will you please stand up?

"The President's job - and if someone sufficiently vain and stupid is picked he won't realize this - is not to wield power, but to draw attention away from it." -- Douglas Adams, The Hitchhiker's Guide tot he Galaxy Radio Transcripts predicting the future.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2018-Nov-15 7:22 am 

Out of the blue my secret Grixmas package arrived! Contents below, open at own risk:

This is some great stuff, I was looking for these cards for a while. Thanks a lot Swmystery!

In other news, my brand new brush broke. Currently waiting for a new one.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2018-Nov-15 7:28 am 

Nice, both of you!

The Sol Ring/Thought Vessel/Commander's Sphere Dragon Balls are cool but the #2 ball being on the thing that costs three and the #3 ball being on the thing that costs 2 is makin' my eye twitch lol

"- if this spell is played ten times in a given game then I suggest you warm up the tar and pluck some chickens" - tarnar

The internet's great at making noise, and poor at operating pants. There's gonna be half-dressed mobs screeching half-assed arguments for the rest of the 21st century - Kemev

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2018-Nov-15 8:06 am 

Viperion wrote:
Nice, both of you!

The Sol Ring/Thought Vessel/Commander's Sphere Dragon Balls are cool but the #2 ball being on the thing that costs three and the #3 ball being on the thing that costs 2 is makin' my eye twitch lol

That is pretty mean... and even worse he will probably never get balls 4-7. Just cruel!

With perfect mana, reasonable removal, disruption, and card advantage, we're back to pitchforks and torches. And it's about to get worse for those who do not enjoy the game as Richard Garfield intended, playing as few win conditions as possible and prompting concession after all hopes (and spells) are lost. - Shaheen Soorani

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2018-Nov-15 2:19 pm 

Inkeyes22 wrote:
That is pretty mean... and even worse he will probably never get balls 4-7. Just cruel!

Never say never.

I also enjoyed the "drinking people" theme of the package as a whole.

"The President's job - and if someone sufficiently vain and stupid is picked he won't realize this - is not to wield power, but to draw attention away from it." -- Douglas Adams, The Hitchhiker's Guide tot he Galaxy Radio Transcripts predicting the future.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2018-Nov-15 5:50 pm 

Sid the Chicken wrote:
Inkeyes22 wrote:

Never say never.

I also enjoyed the "drinking people" theme of the package as a whole.

Hm, not obvious enough for me. I'll have to look again, I'm still not past that Guardian Beast.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2018-Nov-19 6:34 am 

Sid the Chicken wrote:
Whelp... it's not every day you get just what you asked for for Grixmas... but I did! Still working on the pictures... and on ID'ing the sender, who clearly was feeling ambitious.

Now, off to drink people... :twisted:

A big thanks to [slim shady] for this! Did you do the alters yourself? Also, will you please stand up?

I love the DBZ alters, those are awesome!!!

I just finished all the alters for my gift so I will be sending this week. So far this Grixmas is looking pretty awesome!

Edit: package officially shipped and in the mail.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2018-Nov-23 10:51 am 

I believe Mr. Degradation received something today.
Hopefully the package (presentation and contents) were...sufficiently amusing.
Ha. Haha. HAHA. MUUUUUUUUUUUUUUHAHAAHAAHHAHAHAHAA WAAAAAAAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHA.
:evil: :twisted: :mrgreen:

Xantcha, Sleeper Agent - cEDH discard/attrition.
Pre-Modern:
A Denying Wind.
Duel Commander:
Nissa, Vastwoord Seer - Ramp ramp ramp into Ugin+Painter's Servant.
Kari Zev, Skyship Raider - Unbridled Aggro

Find me Saturdays at the Wizard's Tower - Ottawa and occasional Mondays at Westboro Legion for Duel Commander.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2018-Nov-23 9:39 pm 

:D I have indeed! Full post in the works.

(Album Link)

Defender
Wall of chat exceeds at using a lot of words to mischaracterize opposing view points.

Warp Riders (Ephara Solar Flare)

Last edited by Mr Degradation on 2018-Nov-25 2:01 am, edited 1 time in total.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2018-Nov-25 2:00 am 

Beset by a nasty bout of flu, I woke early Saturday morning to see on my coffee table; an envelope (intercepted by one of my roommates.) It came from the majestic. icy land of Quebec. I had been worried, because the tracking indicated that the package had been in customs for over a week, and the package had a taped up slash in the top of it.

Luckily, the contents of this package were completely intact; (though, I really can't imagine why customs would have been so alarmed.)

I had immediately been taken aback by a fantastic piece of art, splayed across the face of an envelope- depicting a typical game of EDH with my Ephara deck, moments before accomplishing a Solar Flare. I opened the envelope carefully, to preserve this.

Enclosed was a ransom note, from the great and terrible Crazy Pierre- teasing me for my lack of willingness to make particularly grandiose demands.

In this note, he specified 5 copies of Giant Turtle supplied for my amusement.

It is at this point, I became convinced that Pierre infact possesses clairvoyance- as not only did he suggest making coasters (of which I have 6 MtG themed coasters-) but not 3 feet away from the coffee table is a decorative ottoman... of a giant turtle in my living room

Shaken, I continued to work my way into the contents of the package... including the fabulous Firesong and Sunspeaker, 3 Grand Prix Mountains (no doubt to bling F&S or my Feldon deck;) both an Odyssey set foil and masters set foil Cephalid Broker (wow!), a set foil Complicate to go with them (more WOW!) Secure the Wastes (a favorite card of mine), Yosei (another favorite card of mine)- and festive copies of Guile (glared out in the pictures, sorry :( ), Flickerwisp, and a German Geier Reach Sanitarium complete with Christmas tree.

...And lastly for that super spicy tech I had requested, I was given a copy of both Dream Tides, and a festive Kjeldoran Outpost (a card I had never considered- but surely, an amazing additional copy of a land which behaves like Springjack Pasture in a deck that wants to do that, but doesn't want to gut it's sorcery speed plays for Urza's Factory.)

Merci Pierre- for this most swagalicious (and dare I say, shellshocking;) Grixmas!

Defender
Wall of chat exceeds at using a lot of words to mischaracterize opposing view points.

Warp Riders (Ephara Solar Flare)

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2018-Nov-25 5:40 am 

Haha. glad you like the stuff! Sadly my OG foil Yosei got traded...I'm hoping the Giant Turtle thing turns into a personalized thing (some send Storm Crow, others turtles, others...who knows?) but mostly just glad you got it. A week in customs >_<.

I had no idea about the turtle ottoman, or those coasters, which look especially snazzy! Though that black mana one kinda...stares at you. o_O

Merry Grixmas!

Xantcha, Sleeper Agent - cEDH discard/attrition.
Pre-Modern:
A Denying Wind.
Duel Commander:
Nissa, Vastwoord Seer - Ramp ramp ramp into Ugin+Painter's Servant.
Kari Zev, Skyship Raider - Unbridled Aggro

Find me Saturdays at the Wizard's Tower - Ottawa and occasional Mondays at Westboro Legion for Duel Commander.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2018-Nov-26 12:42 am 

Shabbaman wrote:
Out of the blue my secret Grixmas package arrived! Contents below, open at own risk:

This is some great stuff, I was looking for these cards for a while. Thanks a lot Swmystery!

A thousand pardons for my belated reply.

I'm glad you're happy with it! I debating on including the Warrior things as I thought you may already have them, but I wanted it all to feel like a more coherent package rather than a singles order.

May Yuriko serve you well on the treacherous footfalls ahead!

Daretti, Scrap Savant (Red Artefacts).
Ephara, God of the Polis (Azorius Men O'War)
Etrata, the Silencer (Dimir Blink)
Rubinia Soulsinger (Bant Polymorphs).
Kess, Dissident Mage (Grixis Treasure).
Sek'Kuar, Deathkeeper (Jund Apostles).
Mathas, Fiend Seeker (Mardu Judo).

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2018-Nov-26 9:43 pm 

One week remains until the deadline. Don't forget your PM requirements - both sending and receiving.

Tally:

5 Packages Sent

3 Packages Received

3 Contents Posted

0 extensions requested

Grixmas 2012 | Grixmas 2013 | Grixmas 2014 | Grixmas 2015 | Grixmas 2016 | Grixmas 2017 | Grixmas 2018 | Grixmas 2019

Offline Profile  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 148 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 10  Next