Login | Register

All times are UTC - 7 hours

It is currently 2019-Sep-22 5:00 pm

Post subject: Re: What is the best way to prevent a Gaddock teeg lock?
AgePosted: 2018-Apr-14 7:12 am 

You should play The Gitrog Monster, Godo, Bandit Warlord or Zur the Enchanter next! Message me if you want to talk lists that everyone will just love.

Gath Immortal wrote:
Twenty Kavus and a Dream is not a legacy deck.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2018-Apr-14 9:05 am 

kirkusjones wrote:
You should play The Gitrog Monster, Godo, Bandit Warlord or Zur the Enchanter next! Message me if you want to talk lists that everyone will just love.

It seems I really lack communications skills if you (or anyone else) thinks what I want is any one of the decks you have mention.

Oloro is as is, good enough for what I want, I just started this topic to find some extra cards.

If you refer to my Kaalia, what I want to do is to be able to counter the strategy of the other players in a 3v1 situation, without a combo.

Yennett, Cryptic Sovereign The current updated decklist is here
K'rrik, son of yawgmoth The current updated decklist is here

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2018-Apr-14 12:36 pm 

alexev wrote:
what I want to do is to be able to counter the strategy of the other players in a 3v1 situation, without a combo.

If you're looking to be able to consistently overcome a 3v1 gangup, that is the opposite of not wanting an overpowered, oppressive, miserable deck. These things are mutually exclusive. If you don't like being ganged up on 3v1 every time, the solution is not to power up the deck until it can win that fight, because the next step is they all power their decks up so you can't win that fight, and that is the arms race we've been trying to warn you against. If you don't want to die first, the trick is to make yourself not worth killing first. Changing your opponents' perception of you is far more effective, because making your deck stronger will only increase the need for you to die first. You've got a fire on your kitchen stove, and you're trying to put it out by pouring gasoline on it, while telling us you hate fire and don't want it to spread.

"The President's job - and if someone sufficiently vain and stupid is picked he won't realize this - is not to wield power, but to draw attention away from it." -- Douglas Adams, The Hitchhiker's Guide tot he Galaxy Radio Transcripts predicting the future.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2018-Apr-15 4:33 am 

Sid the Chicken wrote:
alexev wrote:
what I want to do is to be able to counter the strategy of the other players in a 3v1 situation, without a combo.

If you're looking to be able to consistently overcome a 3v1 gangup, that is the opposite of not wanting an overpowered, oppressive, miserable deck. These things are mutually exclusive. If you don't like being ganged up on 3v1 every time, the solution is not to power up the deck until it can win that fight, because the next step is they all power their decks up so you can't win that fight, and that is the arms race we've been trying to warn you against. If you don't want to die first, the trick is to make yourself not worth killing first. Changing your opponents' perception of you is far more effective, because making your deck stronger will only increase the need for you to die first. You've got a fire on your kitchen stove, and you're trying to put it out by pouring gasoline on it, while telling us you hate fire and don't want it to spread.

Well I have acomplished that with Oloro, I am now wanting the same for Kaalia, my Oloro is not opresive, everyone plays the games as they want but I manage to stand the 3:1 fight

I want that same thing for Kaalia, I want to be able to stand the fight and have a chance of winning without a combo, I don't want to be the weaker player so I wont fill her deck with bad creatures just to be 'the last one' without a chance.

The problem with Kaalia is that 'i need to play the aggressor' and the other people have the answers, because she lacks blue, protecting the plan is very very hard, with Oloro I can just sit back quiet and respond only to the things I considered really problematic.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2018-Apr-15 4:53 am 

alexev wrote:
my Oloro is not opresive, everyone plays the games as they want but I manage to stand the 3:1 fight

Try asking your friends if they find it oppressive and if they get to play the game they want.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2018-Apr-15 5:01 am 

spacemonaut wrote:
alexev wrote:
my Oloro is not opresive, everyone plays the games as they want but I manage to stand the 3:1 fight

Try asking your friends if they find it oppressive and if they get to play the game they want.

I had already, one says that Oloro is 'meh', other says that Oloro is very strong but not a problem (this is the one that said that will focus me every single time I shuffle Kaalia) and the other say that Oloro is super oppressive but he will said that every deck I play than he can't delete me is oppressive, because the one thing he hates more than loosing is loosing at me, so I really can't take his point of view very serious.

My deck is fair, everyone plays his spells, his creatures his artifacts, I don't take extra turns, I don't steal people stuff, I won't win at turn 6, If I win it will be at turn 12+

Offline Profile