Login | Register

All times are UTC - 7 hours

It is currently 2019-Sep-23 5:53 am

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 115 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
 Post subject: Re: Grixmas 2017
AgePosted: 2017-Dec-09 9:48 pm 

Not-so-subtle reminder, from the rules post:
St. Nic Bolas wrote:
I also require a PM to be sent within 48hrs when a package is sent or received. ...
* Failure to post receipt - When you receive your package, after sending me the confirmation PM, you should post to the thread how awesome (or awful) your package was...

Posting contents does not remove the requirement to PM when you received the package (after the fact, include the date you received it)..

-------------------------------
Update:

6 Participants Complete

10 Packages Sent

2 Extension approved

7 Packages Received

2 Donations - Treamayne, Inkeyes22

-Nic

Grixmas 2012 | Grixmas 2013 | Grixmas 2014 | Grixmas 2015 | Grixmas 2016 | Grixmas 2017 | Grixmas 2018

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2017-Dec-11 4:17 am 

Well, well.

Before I show off my newly found power, I should explain a thing or two.

I have a Sigarda Vehicles deck- Tribal Humans supported by Vehicles for extra power and reach. It's outside my normal wheelhouse- if we're pursuing a creature plan, I want the bigliest creatures I can find- but I love it dearly and I have the commander altered to be Mercy from Overwatch. Last year, I acquired a number of Grixmas-y alters for that deck, and, well...

https://imgur.com/a/CI1Ix

My dearest thanks, Sid. I am more than content with your artistry. A certain part of this also provides the much-needed kick in the arse I needed to build a Mono-Blue deck, so that will be my next project.

Merry Grixmas, everyone!

Daretti, Scrap Savant (Red Artefacts).
Prime Speaker Zegana (Simic Voltron).
Rubinia Soulsinger (Bant Polymorphs).
Kess, Dissident Mage (Grixis Treasure).
Sek'Kuar, Deathkeeper (Jund Apostles).
Tariel, Reckoner of Souls (Mardu Judo).

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2017-Dec-11 7:22 am 

Gurgi! Merci, thank you!!

So, I'm a big magpie and I'm trying to foil out an Eldrazi deck and now, thanks to Gurgi, I'm 10 cards deper into getting that finished. A couple of deadeyes, Esper Panorama and a filigree familiar for Sydri's robot army, Jace for my PW collection, Varchild's & a curse for Norin and the last goblin I need to have all the goblins! Now I have all the goblins! Tremble in fear, my Goblin Army is complete!!

https://imgur.com/FmP7bwo
https://imgur.com/MP8l4kQ
https://imgur.com/h8uSZXF
https://imgur.com/ARaCrEx

And, as an added bonus, a big pile of Homelands boosters including Ishan's Shade, Soraya, Irina Sengyr, Autumn Willow & Chandler Bing!!
https://imgur.com/2nlNsQd

This is brilliant!
Thank you Gurgi & a Merry Grixmas to you all!!

Sissay 5c Superfriends
Morophon Eldrazi (5C Devoid)
Grenzo's Goblins

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2017-Dec-11 7:46 am 

On a sidenote, when my wife saw the envelope of something I bought through Ebay she asked me if those were the cards of my nerd card gift exchange. No, not really, but there's always next year ;)

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2017-Dec-11 3:15 pm 

Swmystery wrote:
My dearest thanks, Sid. I am more than content with your artistry. A certain part of this also provides the much-needed kick in the arse I needed to build a Mono-Blue deck, so that will be my next project.

Glad you like it. I flailed around for longer than I should have looking for the other 2 lands you'd asked for - hence the last second mailing. Figured if I couldn't fill out the wishlist I could at least give you something shiny.

Shabbaman wrote:
On a sidenote, when my wife saw the envelope of something I bought through Ebay she asked me if those were the cards of my nerd card gift exchange. No, not really, but there's always next year ;)

Missed opportunity. What you meant to say was "Of COURSE I didn't spend $300 on those cards! Someone else sent them to me for Grixmas!"

"The President's job - and if someone sufficiently vain and stupid is picked he won't realize this - is not to wield power, but to draw attention away from it." -- Douglas Adams, The Hitchhiker's Guide tot he Galaxy Radio Transcripts predicting the future.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2017-Dec-11 3:19 pm 

Praise be to the unholy elder dragon, Spacemonaut really brought the goods.

A little background:
A few months ago, in the Rules Discussion forum, there was a topic about flavor fails. Spacemonaut penned an extremely eloquent post about the role of flavor in deck building. Now I fall more on the competitive side, but his post inspired me. We ended up talking about a flavorful Norin, the Wary deck, from the premise that Norin is the shady proprietor of a junk shop and he helped me put together a list. I set the project aside as life got in the way and I forgot about it, occasionally picking up the little pile of cards that I had pulled out to start the deck and then setting it aside. Then the mail came today.

Behold:
https://imgur.com/gallery/pvLzC

Needless to say, now I have to build Norin the Ware-y, although contraptions will be added as well because they fit too well with the theme. Thank you, Spacemonaut. Your package made my week.

Gath Immortal wrote:
Twenty Kavus and a Dream is not a legacy deck.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2017-Dec-11 8:29 pm 

kirkusjones wrote:
Needless to say, now I have to build Norin the Ware-y, although contraptions will be added as well because they fit too well with the theme. Thank you, Spacemonaut. Your package made my week.

Gosh I'm happy to hear that, and to see they made it through safely :D It's an impressive coincidence you wound up as my Grixmas victim.

Contraptions for Norin sounds great!

Go forth and burn some houses down with Vial Smasher. It's what St Nic would want. :twisted:

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2017-Dec-11 10:58 pm 

Sid the Chicken wrote:
Glad you like it. I flailed around for longer than I should have looking for the other 2 lands you'd asked for - hence the last second mailing. Figured if I couldn't fill out the wishlist I could at least give you something shiny.

Shininess is good! Don't worry, the intent of my OP was to give you a range of stuff to pick from. I'm now thinking of some Izzet lands build with Keranos and Kefnet and Seismic Assault or something...

(as you can tell, I'm very flaky with my deckbuilding).

Daretti, Scrap Savant (Red Artefacts).
Prime Speaker Zegana (Simic Voltron).
Rubinia Soulsinger (Bant Polymorphs).
Kess, Dissident Mage (Grixis Treasure).
Sek'Kuar, Deathkeeper (Jund Apostles).
Tariel, Reckoner of Souls (Mardu Judo).

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2017-Dec-13 6:40 am 

zimagic wrote:
Gurgi! Merci, thank you!!

So, I'm a big magpie and I'm trying to foil out an Eldrazi deck and now, thanks to Gurgi, I'm 10 cards deper into getting that finished. A couple of deadeyes, Esper Panorama and a filigree familiar for Sydri's robot army, Jace for my PW collection, Varchild's & a curse for Norin and the last goblin I need to have all the goblins! Now I have all the goblins! Tremble in fear, my Goblin Army is complete!!

And, as an added bonus, a big pile of Homelands boosters including Ishan's Shade, Soraya, Irina Sengyr, Autumn Willow & Chandler Bing!!

This is brilliant!
Thank you Gurgi & a Merry Grixmas to you all!!

I’m glad it arrived safely :D and that you like it. Enjoy your magpie spoils :D.
Merry Grixmas

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2017-Dec-14 2:50 pm 

So much cool stuff here, sorry I missed this year. Real life has been kicking my ass.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2017-Dec-25 7:40 pm 

Sorry for the late posting, but I've been so crazy busy of late I've had no time.

I got some awesome stuff from Marit Lage for my Grimlock deck!

ImageImageImageImage

Now I have no excuse not to finish this one!

My Decks: Zombiepocalypse (Thraximundar) ♦ Thrun stands alone (voltron) ♦ Ashling the Burninator ♦ Doran beatdown (treefolk/plant tribal) ♦ Mine! (UB theft/clone) ♦ Vampire Beatdown (Edgar Markov) ♦ BW Enchantments (Daxos the Returned)

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2017-Dec-25 11:52 pm 

Is that a Grimlock token?

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2017-Dec-25 11:57 pm 

Shabbaman wrote:
Is that a Grimlock token?

Probably more the fact that to "transform" Grimlock you have to change a Transformer toy's mode, so by including an appropriately-on-theme Grimlock toy, you will always have access to everything you need to "transform" Grimlock.

It's probably the most appropriate non-Magic gift that could be given in a Grixmas gift exchange :D

Putrid Pirate Proliferation
Lord of Voltronhorn
Unlife of the Party
Jaya Ballard, Discard Mage
Zedruu and the Minotaurs
Vish Kal's ManSlaughterhouse
Izzet Any Good?

Chorus of Counters

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2017-Dec-26 2:54 am 

Primary Voting Post with Scans (when available)
^ This is where prize scans are found and where all parcels are aggregated, summarized, and linked (unless you prefer search each page of the thread to look at the gifts...).
----------------------------------------

It's time to divvy donations with the prize winning vote to end the Grixmas Season. In true Grixmas fashion, you can base your votes on whatever criteria you wish. However, you may not vote for yourself or the gift you received. Parcels that were sent after Christmas are ineligible, sorry.

Each person's gift image(s) post is linked on below (except Coco, whose parcel is ineligible and still awaiting arrival). Review all the gifts received and use the Recipient's Name on the spoiler tag to vote (because that is easier than tracking who sent to whom, and it is already linked by who received)

People that did not participate this year are still eligible to vote (the more votes, the better).

This is what I need from everybody:
- Please PM the following quote to Bolas with the names of your nominations:

Quote:
<NAME> for Winner Nomination (worth 5 points)
<NAME> for Runner Up Nomination (worth 3 points)
<NAME> for Gutter Nomination (worth 1 point)

I will tally all the votes received by Midnight 8 Jan 2018, post scores and PM the winners.

Spoils

Barring any unforeseen Lost Package replacement parcels, here is the current donation tally and breakout for prizes in the season ending vote. One Package has not yet been received.

Here is a list of all the cards up for grabs:

List:
Winners - First place picks two of the following, runner up gets the third:
Containment Priest - Invocation Foil
Bloodstained Mire - Alter
Sylvan Library - Korean 4th Ed Black Border Alter

Common - All three will receive a set of the following:
Altered Amonkhet Lands
Command Tower - Alter
Commander's Sphere - Alter
Sol Ring - Alter
Cat Dragon//Dragon DFC Token - Alter

Additional Prize Choices:
Winner gets first choice of each category. Runner up gets second choice, and Gutter winner gets the dregs. Grab bag is split between all three winners.

Grixmas 2012 | Grixmas 2013 | Grixmas 2014 | Grixmas 2015 | Grixmas 2016 | Grixmas 2017 | Grixmas 2018

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2017-Dec-31 3:53 pm 

With 2 sets of votes cast, the scores are:

Happy New Year everybody, and don't forget to vote (lurkers that did not participate in Grixmas can also vote)

-Nic

Offline Profile  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 115 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next