Login | Register

All times are UTC - 7 hours

It is currently 2019-Aug-17 1:22 am

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 115 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
 Post subject: Re: Grixmas 2017
AgePosted: 2017-Nov-19 1:32 am 

CrazyPierre wrote:
Thanks zimagic, I loved getting french stuff, a few shinies and various staples.
I also loved the long, educational addition to the Bolas tradition, it was quite entertaining and made me laugh as well! I'll link pictures within the next few! :D

Oh and merci encore plus as it is my birthday on Thursday, so this will be a memorable one for me.
:)

Glad you liked it and that it turned up ok! :D

Sissay 5c Superfriends
Morophon Eldrazi (5C Devoid)
Grenzo's Goblins

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2017-Nov-19 1:33 am 

Inkeyes22 wrote:
So one package was delivered on the 13th and still no update/pictures... someone needs to check the mailbox!

I'm really sorry about that! It took an inexcusably long time for me to check the mail (we've been in a really bad habit of not checking it regularly), and then I tried to sit down and make a deck with Taigam, Ojutai Master really quick...

Yeah, now I have an obscene pile of like 1500+ cards sitting, staring...just staring at me...

Here's a few pics of the cards I was sent: album.
So there's Taigam, which I'll need to build a budget deck out of. It's starting to look like a classic control build--card advantage, counter spells, and a few big hitters--might be the best to take advantage of his abilities. Then there's some dragons to see about fitting into my Crap Dragons deck. And some staple cards like Commander Tower and Sol Ring, both of which I can definitely use all over the place. Thank you so much Inkeyes!

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2017-Nov-19 7:36 am 

I've received my gift!! I'll post about it tomorrow night -- I'm lowscale freaking out happily over more than one of the cards in it but also busy with some things. (Which, as of opening my mail, includes like, >=5% of my mental energy going into planning what I should do with these.) Thank you very much, swmystery!!

I'll be posting mine out later this week. :)

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2017-Nov-19 8:30 pm 

spacemonaut wrote:
I've received my gift!! I'll post about it tomorrow night -- I'm lowscale freaking out happily over more than one of the cards in it but also busy with some things. (Which, as of opening my mail, includes like, >=5% of my mental energy going into planning what I should do with these.) Thank you very much, swmystery!!

You're welcome! Although in truth I deserve only about half the credit. THAT item (you know whereof I speak) actually came from my partner. I was able to barter it from her once I explained about the nature of our dear exchange here...

Daretti, Scrap Savant (Red Artefacts).
Prime Speaker Zegana (Simic Voltron).
Rubinia Soulsinger (Bant Polymorphs).
Kess, Dissident Mage (Grixis Treasure).
Sek'Kuar, Deathkeeper (Jund Apostles).
Tariel, Reckoner of Souls (Mardu Judo).

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2017-Nov-22 8:56 am 

Swmystery wrote:
spacemonaut wrote:

You're welcome! Although in truth I deserve only about half the credit. THAT item (you know whereof I speak) actually came from my partner. I was able to barter it from her once I explained about the nature of our dear exchange here...

Thank you so much for that one. I adore Sarkhan. :)

It was delayed, but here's the gifts I received: https://imgur.com/a/Q18Lc

And here's the decklist I mentioned, I couldn't wait more than a day: http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/21-11-17-intet-dragons/

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2017-Nov-23 1:20 am 

Wow, that Supplant Form looks gorgeous.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2017-Nov-23 3:45 pm 

Segrus wrote:
Wow, that Supplant Form looks gorgeous.

So is the Intet with hearts, so adorable and awesome.

Anyways, pics of my stuff from Z.

Xantcha, Sleeper Agent - cEDH discard/attrition.
Pre-Modern:
A Denying Wind.
Duel Commander:
Nissa, Vastwoord Seer - Ramp ramp ramp into Ugin+Painter's Servant.
Kari Zev, Skyship Raider - Unbridled Aggro

Find me Saturdays at the Wizard's Tower - Ottawa and occasional Mondays at Westboro Legion for Duel Commander.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2017-Nov-23 9:41 pm 

Oh god that letter. I'm dying over here.

Also, I should clarify a thing. Unless I added something when very drunk, I can't claim any credit for the Intet with heart eyes. I have no altering talent whatsoever- all my stuff is in the opening pictures.

Spacemonaut: Your Intet plan is approved of by both myself and the resident dragonmaster with whom I share a house. Go forth and dragon effectively! Couple of things though:

1) Better than Cerebral Vortex after Windfall is Vortex after Stroke of Genius or Blue Sun's Zenith. Or, I guess, Enter the Infinite.

2) If you are not already aware, Mercadia's Downfall doesn't just refer to your own attacking creatures. It pumps the power of whatever creatures happen to be attacking. So if Player B attacks Player C with a horde of tokens, for instance...

Daretti, Scrap Savant (Red Artefacts).
Prime Speaker Zegana (Simic Voltron).
Rubinia Soulsinger (Bant Polymorphs).
Kess, Dissident Mage (Grixis Treasure).
Sek'Kuar, Deathkeeper (Jund Apostles).
Tariel, Reckoner of Souls (Mardu Judo).

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2017-Nov-23 10:42 pm 

The Intet was mine -- it doesn't actually have heart eyes on it; I just put those on via a phone app after taking that photo. But maybe I should do a silly alter with it. :)

Swmystery wrote:
Spacemonaut: Your Intet plan is approved of by both myself and the resident dragonmaster with whom I share a house. Go forth and dragon effectively!

Woohoo! I will dragon more dragons than a dragon can.

I've got the 5 cards I'm missing on their way in the mail, so at that point I'll shake out the final shape of the deck -- Skyline Despot might go in there or not.

Quote:
Couple of things though:

1) Better than Cerebral Vortex after Windfall is Vortex after Stroke of Genius or Blue Sun's Zenith. Or, I guess, Enter the Infinite.

We've got a few decks in our local meta that can reach a state of huge amounts of drawing -- any of these might happen! :D

Quote:
2) If you are not already aware, Mercadia's Downfall doesn't just refer to your own attacking creatures. It pumps the power of whatever creatures happen to be attacking. So if Player B attacks Player C with a horde of tokens, for instance...

Oooh... You're right.

That could be useful in either Mathas or Intet Dragons. And in Commander, that's guaranteed to be +5/+0 to all attackers pretty easily!

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2017-Nov-24 2:43 pm 

I'm so close to getting my gift out. Just a little more ways to go and it's off to my victim. I really hope they like it. It's not my best work, but it's something.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2017-Nov-25 12:09 am 

10 days remain...out of 12 Participants:

4 Packages have been sent

4 Packages has been confirmed received

4 Packages have been posted

8 Packages remain TBD

Grixmas 2012 | Grixmas 2013 | Grixmas 2014 | Grixmas 2015 | Grixmas 2016 | Grixmas 2017 | Grixmas 2018

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2017-Nov-28 3:23 am 

I've finally got mine together so I'll be sending it out tomorrow.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2017-Nov-29 12:16 am 

As stated when I joined, my package is going to be delayed until a little bit into December (due to schedule issues), but I'll try make it worth my victim's wait.

My Decks: Zombiepocalypse (Thraximundar) ♦ Thrun stands alone (voltron) ♦ Ashling the Burninator ♦ Doran beatdown (treefolk/plant tribal) ♦ Mine! (UB theft/clone) ♦ Vampire Beatdown (Edgar Markov) ♦ BW Enchantments (Daxos the Returned)

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2017-Nov-29 2:34 pm 

Willbender wrote:
but I'll try make it worth my victim's wait.

It took me awhile to get it out too, so hopefully the wait ends up worth it for my victim. I'm a little anxious about it.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2017-Dec-02 5:30 pm 

So you guys know, I'll be late sending my package out, but I'll make sure to have it out by the 10th. I've had some health issues crop up lately, but I should be mostly functional (and able to drive) in a few days or so, once I can stop taking these horrid painkillers from getting cut up.

Offline Profile  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 115 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next