Login | Register

All times are UTC - 7 hours

It is currently 2019-Oct-15 9:35 pm

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 115 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 8  Next
 Post subject: Re: Grixmas 2017
AgePosted: 2017-Oct-17 1:02 am 

scatteredsun wrote:
I'm a Lurker. Sorry Bolas can't target me. I do like watching all the fun!

Protection from Bolas is quite a skill to have.

Sissay 5c Superfriends
Morophon Eldrazi (5C Devoid)
Grenzo's Goblins

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2017-Oct-17 1:29 am 

Damn! I only have protection from spells, not abilities! Where'd my boots go?

Starke of Rath -> Wrath of Starke: MRC

Proving Grounds: Drawmia-maro, Titania When Lands Attack, Tromokratis Read it Again, Kaalia's Klerics, Hordes of Tribes.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2017-Oct-23 7:31 pm 

Final week to register. Still only 8 Participants this year. We also still have people who expressed interest on page one but never sent a registration PM.

-Nic

Grixmas 2012 | Grixmas 2013 | Grixmas 2014 | Grixmas 2015 | Grixmas 2016 | Grixmas 2017 | Grixmas 2018 | Grixmas 2019

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2017-Oct-24 6:21 pm 

Update with wishlist:

I picked up a Grimlock last month, and plan on making a deck with him, so any transform cards with the art altered to be Transformers™ would be awesome!

Other things of interest would be a Hammer of Nazahn or any of the good tribal cards from the new Commander decks.

Past that, I have no idea. Some good altered Commander staples (especially to good comedic effect, or with movie references) are always welcome.

---- Original Post -----
As the pairing -> shipping timeframe is going to be especially hectic for me this year, I was going to sit this one out. However, only 8 people in this year? I feel the need to enter just to get the numbers up.

So, if I can get an OK on a time extension on the shipping into late December I should be able to manage, and I'll jump in again this year.

My Decks: Zombiepocalypse (Thraximundar) ♦ Thrun stands alone (voltron) ♦ Ashling the Burninator ♦ Doran beatdown (treefolk/plant tribal) ♦ Mine! (UB theft/clone) ♦ Vampire Beatdown (Edgar Markov) ♦ BW Enchantments (Daxos the Returned)

Last edited by Willbender on 2017-Oct-31 5:33 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2017-Oct-25 2:29 am 

I register an interest mostly to keep this excellent initiative alive and partially because my internet has been out for the past two weeks.

I will update this post with demands and send registration information before the relevant deadlines (just need to get home and look over my decks to confirm what I actually want).

EDIT: Demands!

I've a few things I'm after specifically, but I'll provide a range based on how generous my Grixmas patron chooses to be. I'd appreciate English language versions of my requests, if possible.

My greatest wish would be for a Verdant Catacombs, Steam Vents or Sulfur Falls to finish my manabases. I've also been trying to track down a Gateway promo of Mind Stone for forever, so anyone who can find one has my deepest gratitude.

If these prove too difficult, expensive and so on, I'll happily take anything that might be useful for my current decks (links below). Foils or Grixmas-themed alters- even small or very silly ones- would be very much appreciated!

Sigada, Heron's Grace (Human/Vehicle Tribal): https://deckstats.net/decks/9175/641321 ... revolut/en
Daretti, Scrap Savant (Artefact Reanimator): https://deckstats.net/decks/9175/148482 ... -goblin/en
Sek'Kuar, Deathkeeper (Shadowborn Apostles): https://deckstats.net/decks/9175/48737- ... madness/en
Kess, Dissident Mage (Polymorphs): https://deckstats.net/decks/9175/789649 ... another/en
Rubinia Soulsinger (Bant Steal/Sacrifice): https://deckstats.net/decks/9175/96398- ... ubinia-/en

Merry Grixmas to you all!

Daretti, Scrap Savant (Red Artefacts).
Rubinia Soulsinger (Bant Polymorphs).
Kess, Dissident Mage (Grixis Treasure).
Sek'Kuar, Deathkeeper (Jund Apostles).
Marisi, Breaker of the Coil (Naya Midrange).
Mathas, Fiend Seeker (Mardu Judo).

Last edited by Swmystery on 2017-Oct-29 8:36 pm, edited 5 times in total.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2017-Oct-25 8:26 am 

Willbender wrote:
As the pairing -> shipping timeframe is going to be especially hectic for me this year, I was going to sit this one out. However, only 8 people in this year? I feel the need to enter just to get the numbers up.

So, if I can get an OK on a time extension on the shipping into late December I should be able to manage, and I'll jump in again this year.

PM Registration and we can work something out.

Swmystery wrote:
I register an interest mostly to keep this excellent initiative alive and partially because my internet has been out for the past two weeks.

I will update this post with demands and send registration information before the relevant deadlines (just need to get home and look over my decks to confirm what I actually want).

As long as registration happens soon, the wishlist can finalize before 1 Nov if needed (I'll make the appropriate notifications)

-Nic

Grixmas 2012 | Grixmas 2013 | Grixmas 2014 | Grixmas 2015 | Grixmas 2016 | Grixmas 2017 | Grixmas 2018 | Grixmas 2019

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2017-Oct-25 9:03 am 

St. Nic Bolas wrote:
Swmystery wrote:

As long as registration happens soon, the wishlist can finalize before 1 Nov if needed (I'll make the appropriate notifications)

-Nic

I have sent registration information to you via PM (it's currently sitting in my outbox). I'll update my previous post in this thread with my wishlist information once I have confirmed it.

Daretti, Scrap Savant (Red Artefacts).
Rubinia Soulsinger (Bant Polymorphs).
Kess, Dissident Mage (Grixis Treasure).
Sek'Kuar, Deathkeeper (Jund Apostles).
Marisi, Breaker of the Coil (Naya Midrange).
Mathas, Fiend Seeker (Mardu Judo).

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2017-Oct-25 10:42 am 

Hi,

Another last-minute joiner here.
Here are some ideas for what I might enjoy receiving for the exchange:

Alters: Any Grixmas themed alters would be cool. If you want to try something more ambitious, I have a bad habit of making tribal decks where the general doesn't match the tribe... so if you could alter any of these generals to go with the tribe, that would be really cool.
Alesha, Who Smiles at Death - Ally tribal
Inalla, Archmage Ritualist - Pirate tribal (treasure theme)
Nin, the Pain Artist - Elemental tribal
Rosheen Meanderer - Hydra tribal
Sygg, River Cutthroat - Ninja tribal (got some rogues too, but ninjas are cooler)
Zur the Enchanter - Zombie tribal

I am brewing up some new decks that I haven't gotten any cards for yet, so any cool cards you can think of for them would be awesome:
Gisela, Blade of Goldnight: Idea of the deck is to play every damage doubler effect and then kill people with Gut Shot and Mogg Fanatic.
Sek'Kuar, Deathkeeper: Not really sure what the deck will boil down to yet, but I want it to be built around Primal Forcemage and Ambuscade Shaman.
Yasova Dragonclaw: Idea of the deck is to steal creatures from your opponents and then equip them equipment that triggers for you and not the creature's controller (Captain's Claws, Infiltration Lens, Sword of the Animist). Need ways to make the creatures attack and defend myself if they attack me.

The only specific cards I need at the moment are some things from Commander 17:
Balan, Wandering Knight
Bloodforged Battle-axe
Disrupt Decorum
Heirloom Blade
Kindred Discovery
Path of Ancestry
Qasali Slingers
Scalelord Reckoner

Also, I really like all the Deserts from Amonkhet and Hour of Devastation, kinda been collecting those.

Not really keen on foils, so don't go out of your way there.
Hopefully that is enough to pick from. Merry Grixmas.

Riku: Pump Spells
Teneb: Life Manipulation
Kiki-Jiki: Big Red
Geth: Nim
Kodama of the North Tree: Hard Mode Voltron
Nin: Elementals
Sram: Jankstorm
Zur: Zombies
Rhys the Redeemed: Aura Voltron
Chandra, Fire of Kaladesh: Chandras
Ojutai, Soul of Winter: Tap Out Control
Alesha: Allies
Inalla: Treasures
Vial Smasher: Lava Axes
Atraxa: Counterless Keywords
Ludevic and Tymna: Curses

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2017-Oct-25 11:51 am 

scatteredsun wrote:
I'm a Lurker. Sorry Bolas can't target me. I do like watching all the fun!

You participated 2012 and 2013, why not come back for more torture fun?

For everyone... if you mention decks in your demands, link a decklist if you have it (on these forums or elsewhere).

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2017-Oct-27 8:09 pm 

Registration is closed.

We still have three people who need to make their demands. I won't delay pairings, so if you get one of these lucky people please watch the summary page for updates. Also remember that Storm Crows, Carrier Pigeons, Crystal Balls, and Munchkin or My Little Pony boosters never go out of style...

Victim information has been distributed.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2017-Oct-29 10:01 am 

Updated my demands with what I already own.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2017-Oct-29 7:49 pm 

Yaaaayyyy!!!

Is there a canonical excellent guide for newbie card altering?

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2017-Oct-30 12:11 pm 

spacemonaut wrote:

Not that I know of, though the Altered Art thread may have some information hidden in its 214 pages.

You can also look through the previous years' Grixmas threads for ideas.

I use Uchida DecoColor paint pens, since I'm just an amateur doing Grixmas alters. I often pair them with highlighters and fine sharpies for tint and detail linework. Though, when it comes to Grixmas alters, most anything will do...

I would recommend practicing on basic land with whatever medium to decide to use. Get acquainted, if not comfortable, with the process before working on cards you care about.

HK

Hazezon Tamar - Manland theme
Seshiro the Anointed - Snake Tribal
Jedit Ojanen of Efrava - Cat and Warrior Dual Tribal
Doran, the Seige Tower - Wall Tribal
Progenitus - Hydra themed Proliferate Deck
Karona, the False God - Backstabbing Hug

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2017-Oct-31 5:32 pm 

My demands post has been updated with some information on what I'd like. Now to figure out what to send to my victim this year...

My Decks: Zombiepocalypse (Thraximundar) ♦ Thrun stands alone (voltron) ♦ Ashling the Burninator ♦ Doran beatdown (treefolk/plant tribal) ♦ Mine! (UB theft/clone) ♦ Vampire Beatdown (Edgar Markov) ♦ BW Enchantments (Daxos the Returned)

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2017-Nov-02 2:45 am 

spacemonaut wrote:
Yaaaayyyy!!!

I do believe that Great Bolas has stated that the more amateurish and silly the alters, the better in the past.
On the odd occasion I've altered I have used a Sharpie and pencilled in some Xmas ornaments in forests, odd doodles and so on I do remember turning Crystal Balls into Burnished Harts for a certain someone too, heh.

So if you have talent in drawing, knock yourself out. Otherwise, may your victim endureenjoy your art, muhahahaha.

Xantcha, Sleeper Agent - cEDH discard/attrition.
Pre-Modern:
A Denying Wind.
Duel Commander:
Nissa, Vastwoord Seer - Ramp ramp ramp into Ugin+Painter's Servant.
Kari Zev, Skyship Raider - Unbridled Aggro

Find me Saturdays at the Wizard's Tower - Ottawa and occasional Mondays at Westboro Legion for Duel Commander.

Offline Profile  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 115 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 8  Next