Login | Register

All times are UTC - 7 hours

It is currently 2019-Aug-17 6:49 pm

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 221 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next
 Post subject: Re: Grixmas 2016
AgePosted: 2016-Dec-31 8:12 pm 

Best wishes for 2017!

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2017-Jan-02 2:03 pm 

Shabbaman wrote:
Best wishes for 2017!

You as well, sir.

"The President's job - and if someone sufficiently vain and stupid is picked he won't realize this - is not to wield power, but to draw attention away from it." -- Douglas Adams, The Hitchhiker's Guide tot he Galaxy Radio Transcripts predicting the future.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2017-Jan-02 6:58 pm 

Well, a tumultuous Grixmas season is drawing to a close. Thanks to everyone for participating. It's been a weird year with multiple: family emergencies over the holidays, participant illness, blizzard interventions, delayed packages, inability to post pictures, etc. (considering we kicked off with a hurricane evacuation when I opened registration, it is hardly surprising).

Thank you again for sticking with this, and I am working on closing the few hanging fruit that are still open.

That said, it's past time to open the season ending voting. Please see summary update and voting instruction below or on Page 1 (posts two and three respectfully)

-Nic
----------------------------------------
Update

Number of Participants: 19

14 Participants Complete

18 Packages Sent

18 Packages Received

1 Extension unsent

1 Received, no PM sent

2 Received, no pictures posted yet or no post at all

3 Donations

Voting Instructions

It's time to divvy donations with the prize winning vote to end the Grixmas Season. In true Grixmas fashion, you can base your votes on whatever criteria you wish. However, you may not vote for yourself or the gift you received. Parcels that were sent after Christmas are ineligible, sorry.

Each person's gift image(s) post is linked on page 1. Review all the gifts received and use the Recipient's Name on the spoiler tag to vote (because that is easier than tracking who sent to whom, and it is already linked by who received)

People that did not participate this year are still eligible to vote (the more votes, the better).

This is what I need from everybody. Please PM the following quote to Bolas with the names of your nominations:

Quote:
<NAME> for Winner Nomination (worth 5 points)
<NAME> for Runner Up Nomination (worth 3 points)
<NAME> for Gutter Nomination (worth 1 point)

I will tally all the votes received by 20 Jan 2017, post scores and PM the winners.

Winner:

Prize Choices

Partial Pictures are on page 1, and will be updated when possible. The final donations are still being altered and the prize packs have changed from the preview version.

Winner will get choice of A or B and first choice(s) from each category
Runner-Up will get A or B (whichever Winner did not take) and second choice(s) from each category
Pity Vote (a.k.a. third place) will get whatever is left over.

Merry Grixmas and a may all you New Year schemes come to fruition.

Grixmas 2012 | Grixmas 2013 | Grixmas 2014 | Grixmas 2015 | Grixmas 2016 | Grixmas 2017 | Grixmas 2018

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2017-Jan-03 7:08 am 

Orcish Lumberjack alter? I'm intrigued! We do get to see pictures of the prizes eventually, don't we?

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2017-Jan-03 11:14 am 

Best of luck, fellas!

Carthain wrote:
The idea that you should be able to build your deck however you want and still be competitive is false, and a bad idea to have. Taken to the extreme, that's like making a deck with no removal in it, and then complaining that you can't win because stuff your opponents play gets in your way.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2017-Jan-03 1:55 pm 

Hail Hydra

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2017-Jan-03 4:07 pm 

Shabbaman wrote:
Orcish Lumberjack alter? I'm intrigued! We do get to see pictures of the prizes eventually, don't we?

Page 1 (post 3), though the pictures were from before there were a few changes to the line-up.

-Nic

Grixmas 2012 | Grixmas 2013 | Grixmas 2014 | Grixmas 2015 | Grixmas 2016 | Grixmas 2017 | Grixmas 2018

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2017-Jan-03 4:29 pm 

Viperion wrote:
So, uh, I got a surprise delivery this year! ...

Will post pics later ...

Viperion

Liar!

<grin>

HK

Hazezon Tamar - Manland theme
Seshiro the Anointed - Snake Tribal
Jedit Ojanen of Efrava - Cat and Warrior Dual Tribal
Doran, the Seige Tower - Wall Tribal
Progenitus - Hydra themed Proliferate Deck
Karona, the False God - Backstabbing Hug

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2017-Jan-03 7:22 pm 

Treamayne wrote:
Viperion wrote:
So, uh, I got a surprise delivery this year! ...

Will post pics later ...

Viperion

Liar!

<grin>

There are more liars *cough* Antis *cough*

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2017-Jan-04 8:23 am 

Sorry for the late post. I started a new job in November and it's completely wiped me out (not to mention a bout of flu just before Christmas). Nonetheless, I've finally gotten around to taking photos of my Grixmas present, so please enjoy:

The first thing I saw when I opened my package was this rather lovely postcard, with a message on the back.

Perfectly in the spirit of Grixmas, if you ask me.

I had these 6 sleeves, with bounteous goodies within.

First things first, a foil Rage Reflection and some other interesting cards. The Wrecking Ogre is a good one in particular since I'm planning on using these cards for a Werewolf deck, and Bloodrush allows me to have pump effects without actually casting a spell.

A trio of foils here, including two great Game Day/Prerelease cards, again giving me spell effects without casting spells.

Some more interesting cards, including a German Reclaim from Exodus and a Japanese Assault / Battery.

Two promo Mayor of Avabruck, which I asked for (two of any of the same Werewolf card) so that I can use one in the deck (sleeved with an opaque back) and a second that I can flip (sleeved in a clear-backed sleeve). Here are the backs:

A Portuguese Undergrowth is a nice addition to a R/G Werewolf deck, as is a Geier Reach Bandit and a foil Tormented Pariah. Here are the backs of the two Werewolves:

My final pack contained some beautiful cards. All foil, the Pit Fight will give me some reach, the Lord of Shatterskull Pass gives me some beef (pun fully intended), and the Vexing Shusher gives me protection from counterspells, as well as being a beautiful card all on its own. Here's a close up of it:

Thanks, Antis :D

Putrid Pirate Proliferation
Lord of Voltronhorn
Unlife of the Party
Jaya Ballard, Discard Mage
Zedruu and the Minotaurs
Vish Kal's ManSlaughterhouse
Izzet Any Good?

Chorus of Counters

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2017-Jan-05 11:33 am 

Also late, but also as promised, my surprise gift from Sir Bolas himself:

A foil mountain and some goodies for my Jaya Ballard Deck (I did have all those cards already, but the sweet alters have already been put in the deck):

A close up of my favouritist Mountain in the whole world (the photo doesn't do the foiling justice)

And also some goodies for my Ramses Overdark enchantments (and a foil Nantuko Monastery!)

Thanks to my secret benefactor!

"- if this spell is played ten times in a given game then I suggest you warm up the tar and pluck some chickens" - tarnar

The internet's great at making noise, and poor at operating pants. There's gonna be half-dressed mobs screeching half-assed arguments for the rest of the 21st century - Kemev

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2017-Jan-05 3:40 pm 

Viperion wrote:
(I did have all those cards already, but the sweet alters have already been put in the deck)

Viperion wrote:
Jaya Ballard cards I don't have yet:
Burnout
Gorilla Shaman
Gorilla War Cry
Inferno
Melting (yay....)
Mystic Compass
Panic
Word of Blasting

Cheers
Viperion

2+2=5?

Seriously though, glad at least some was useful. I would have drawn on more of them had I known it wouldn't be an "only copy."

We expect to hear great stories out of that Mark of Eviction and Infiltrator's Magemark (not necessarily together, though a nearly-unblockable bouncing Jens is a funny mental picture).

HK

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2017-Jan-05 6:21 pm 

Infiltrator's Magemark is quite good in Ramses. I have some ninja's in my Ramses, so it even has some use there. Remember that you don't have to put the Magemark on your own creature, so it can double up as removal.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2017-Jan-05 8:55 pm 

When is that Jaya post from Treamayne? I've had the cards for a while now. Good job on the hunting though!

And yeah the magemarks are good in Ramses. I have quite a few assassins in it but no ninja at the moment. May have to change that ;)

"- if this spell is played ten times in a given game then I suggest you warm up the tar and pluck some chickens" - tarnar

The internet's great at making noise, and poor at operating pants. There's gonna be half-dressed mobs screeching half-assed arguments for the rest of the 21st century - Kemev

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2017-Jan-06 12:51 am 

Viperion wrote:
When is that Jaya post from Treamayne?

Well, it's from your Jaya Ballard Decklist on this forum, when did you last update it (obviously before you completed the Jaya Flavor Text collection)?

HK

Offline Profile  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 221 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next