Login | Register

All times are UTC - 7 hours

It is currently 2019-Oct-16 3:37 pm

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 221 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 15  Next
 Post subject: Grixmas 2016
AgePosted: 2016-Sep-20 5:56 pm 

Grixmas 2016

Timeline:
    End of sign-up: (last date to submit your name for participation)
      26 Oct 16
    Verify Contact Data: (Last date to PM your contact information)
      29 Oct 16
    Send Victim Names: (date by which you will receive a PM with your victim's name)
      31 Oct 16
    Package Send by: (All packages must be sent by this date)
      3 Dec 16

I am running a seasonal power exchange, where people will get a random Magic: the Gathering card from their secret Elder Dragon (I love when they give up their power so easily). If you are interested in receiving (and giving, though it is the receiving season) a card then you must PM me.

Your PM must include (Notes 1-3 are NOT optional, use N/A as needed):
(all five are required for each participant, follow instructions or be denied participation in my Grixmas Ceremony. I highly recommend you copy/paste the below into the PM and fill in all fields.)
    Name
    Address
    Additional Contact see Note 1
    Limiting Information see Note 2
    Regional Information see Note 3

I also require a PM to be sent within 48hrs when a package is sent or received. Tracking is not required but is highly encouraged (especially since, for US residents, flat rate Priority mail comes with free tracking and $50 of free insurance) and if used, the tracking information should be in the "Package sent" PM as well.

Failure to PM your contact information by the deadline will preclude inclusion in this season's event.
Failure to PM package information (when you send or receive) will prevent participation in next year's program. You have been warned.

Please feel free to post a 'requests' post with the type of cards that you would be most excited about getting (remember, you're not going to get a [b]Black Lotus[/c] so keep it realistic and remember these are requests. You are not guaranteed to get any of them). Because I always encourage the defacement of property, alters are always encouraged; especially "sharpy" based items. Previously successful request schema include:

Linking a decklist from which options may be chosen (if you reference a deck... Link it!)
    Altered/Promo versions of Generals being played
    Alter Requests - Specific card(s) (something like "Altered Storm Crow" - Tim Proctor's request)
    Alter Requests - Specific theme (something like "any card altered to My Little Pony theme" - Sid's Request)
    Cards signed by the sender
    Interesting Generals (altered or not)
    Old cards that would not see printing now (abilities out of rarity or color like Sindbad, odd effects like Balduvian Shaman)
    Tokens (altered or not)

This is an EDH forum so EDH staples are probably the best type of card to send. Also altered or signed versions of cards help make your gift unique. Changes to what you are wishing for should be made by updating the original request post (since that will be linked to your name on the next post). Also, PM me and/or post in the thread that you have updated your request information, especially if changes are made after your information is updated to Post 2 below.

The second post of this thread will have all information summarized and linked by participant, once participants are confirmed. (see Grixmas 2014 Summary for an example)

Note 1 wrote:

Participation requires that either you can be emailed through the forums, or if you have that feature turned off you supply an email address. Email addresses are also required for Donations SASE use and/or Paypal donations. The point is that I need some way other than Forum PM to contact you should plans drastically change with minimal notice. This is not shared at large, only I and my Slave will have access, and only for emergency contact.

Note 2 wrote:

If you will be away from the registration address provided for greater than 48 hours between 1 Dec 2016 and 15 Jan 2017, please provide that information.
Reasons may include (but are not limited to) Vacation, Holiday Travel, Business Travel, Moving, and being too lazy to check your mail regularly. Otherwise, please put N/A in the registration if there is no planned "away time," and should that changed notify me as soon as possible so arrangements can be made regarding delivery.

Note 3 wrote:

If participation is limited by region, include what region (Country(ies), Continent(s), Region(s)) to which you are willing to send. If you have no problems victimizing anyone, put N/A or Global. If I cannot pair somebody with a regional limitation, I will PM them back and we can discuss options.

I am accepting donations early for the running of this program (rather than waiting until Murphy strikes). Your options, should you choose to donate, are:

- Mail a single card, personally altered and signed (good or bad, but not professionally altered unless you are the professional). The card should be from an EDH Pre-con -or- less than $1 (or local currency)
-- For those who wish to donate but shipping is prohibitive, I will send a SASE (or equivilent) for you to send the donation. PM for details.
- For those that prefer monetary donations, PM for my Paypal or other options. This will mostly go towards SASE coverage for card donations and shipping of prizes.

PM for address information before sending a donation. I may not be at last year's address throughout the Grixmas season this year.

Cards received will first be used to cover any packages that are lost to the mail. The goal is to have a bank of cards before any packages are lost, so there is no waiting time for donations to replace lost packages. All the remaining donations will be used for the season closing vote on most seasonal/appropriate gift.

Grixmas 2012 | Grixmas 2013 | Grixmas 2014 | Grixmas 2015 | Grixmas 2016 | Grixmas 2017 | Grixmas 2018 | Grixmas 2019

Last edited by St. Nic Bolas on 2016-Dec-08 10:33 am, edited 3 times in total.

Offline Profile  

Post subject: Re: Grixmas is Coming
AgePosted: 2016-Sep-20 5:56 pm 

Number of Participants: 19

17 Participants Complete

19 Packages Sent

19 Packages Received

3 Donations

Package Sent: 8 Dec 2016
Tracking Number: RN172771704NL
Package Received: 22 Dec 2016

Demands:
Any alters. Especially Borderlands/Final Fantasy themed. If someone could alter a Desert to a Journey theme, that would be extra sweet.
Any Un-set cards, Any non-english, non-german foils, Anything signed.

That said, I'd love to get a foil Gegenzauber for my friend.
Foil Queen Marchesa to helm my newest creation.
Gravity Sphere for my Fumiko. Nothing shall fly above these Walls!
An Arabian Nights Desert and Oasis.
Non-altered Alpha/Beta Shivan Dragon and/or Nightmare.
Proxies of old duals made with the MTGO Cube art and Unglued/Zendikar 1 frame with two mana symbols on the bottom.

References:
Demands Post
Active Decks

COMPLETE
Package Sent: 2 Dec 2016
Tracking Number: LH005243375US
Package Received: 8 Dec 2016

Demands:

Of utmost importance!
- Surprise me!

High Priority
- A token or two...specifically a custom token representing a 3/3 Flying white Spirit that Oyobi hatches, as there are none of these. Be creative!
- A 3/1 Graveborn with Haste for Sek'kuar.

Average Priority:
-Average Priority:
Glissa, the Traitor stuff would be sweet, but building Experiment Kraj so stuff that works off counters would be oooooooooh DOCTOR! nice levels. Or simic mana enablers.
- A Vedalken Shackles for my Rayne deck...
- White bordered green and red beaters for my white-bordered Radha deck. Hell, War Mammoth and Grizzly Bears would make the cut here, or a Llanowar Elf.
- Any number of Erg Raiders (preferable blackbordered, but whatever) or Desert Nomads for my friend's Hazezon Tamar deck. Sand Warrior Custom tokens would be ultra sweet.

References:
Demands Post

COMPLETE
Tracking Number: N/A
Package Received: 13 Dec 2016

Demands:
Anyone of my current commanders (Nath, Sharuum, Karrthus) in foil.
Enlightened Tutor, Demonic Tutor, Hellfire
Any rare lands
Any cards from the reserved list, no matter how good or terrible.

References:
Demands Post
Karrthus
Sharuum

COMPLETE
Package Sent: 16 Dec 2016
Tracking Number: 9405909699938030459216
Package Received: 23 Dec 2016

Demands:
I collect spider cards and would like to get ones I don't have.
These are the ones I don't have:
Ancient Spider, Arachnoid, Arachnus Spinner, Goliath Spider, Graverobber Spider, Ishkanah Grafwidow, Nyx Weaver, Ribcage Spider, Silklash Spider, Swift Spinner, Watcher in the web

Others I would like:
Alpha/Beta non-alter Giant Spider
Spider tokens
Any altered spiders.

Obviously I would be happy with anything.

References:
Demands Post

COMPLETE
Package Sent: 1 Dec 2016
Tracking Number: USPS 9505511444336336066620
Package Received: 6 Dec 2016

Demands:
I want the worst 3 color general to build around.
(Of course this is completely subjective, this could be one you have no idea how to build, or one that is just terrible, or one that you would hate to sit down and play against.)

References:
Demands Post

COMPLETE
Package Sent: 28 Nov 2016
Tracking Number: EG 025 516 095 CA
Package Received: 2 Dec 2016

Demands:
Any of the check lands or RtR shock lands. I'm trying to build a commander of every color combination (just finished tuning number 9), and I'm always looking for more.

References:
Demands Post

COMPLETE
Package Sent: 8 Dec 2016
Tracking Number: TBD
Package Received: TBD

Demands:
Foil, unaltered, English Hanweir Garrison (preferably prerelease promo, but regular set foil will suffice - During the prerelease I managed to get a Hanweir Battlements as my prerelease promo)

During the Eldritch Moon prerelease I pulled an Ulrich of the Krallenhorde/Ulrich, Uncontested Alpha and I’d like to build a deck based around him. As for a decklist, any Wolf creatures, Werewolf creatures, and wolf/werewolf-related cards from original Innistrad block (of any rarity) would be nice. I’m good for Shadows over Innistrad/Eldritch Moon commons and uncommons, though any appropriate rares and mythics would be appreciated, like Arlinn Kord, Spirit of the Hunt, or Geier Reach Bandit. Master of the Wild Hunt stands out as a card that would probably do really well in the deck, too.

Going a little beyond that, cards that help me bypass casting spells on my turn would help out. Things like Yeva, Nature’s Herald, Vedalken Orrery, Winding Canyons, Selvala’s Stampede, Aether Vial, Birthing Pod, Call of the Wild, Deathrender, Dramatic Entrance, Hibernation’s End, Lure of Prey, Lurking Predators, Pattern of Rebirth, Summoning Trap, Tooth and Nail, Wild Pair, Genesis Wave, and Garruk, Caller of Beasts. Alternatively, I could instead go with a deck based around using Ulrich’s Fight ability. In that case, I’d be looking for things like Arena, Ulvenwald Tracker, and Domri Rade as repeatable sources of Fight, as well as good creatures with Deathtouch and/or ETB/dies triggers.

I’d also be grateful for any and all cards with out-of-colour effects (since playing Red/Green tends to be pretty predictable) and decent card draw (things like Harmonize, Greater Good, Sylvan Library, and Sage of Ancient Lore).

If you’re feeling artistic, and decide to send me Werewolves, then I’d love to see some custom art on checklist cards (since I intend to use checklist cards for any Werewolves in the deck). If you don’t have those then it’s okay, I have plenty anyway. Alternatively, one additional copy of each Werewolf would also work (so that I could have one in the deck (instead of a checklist card)).

Having said all of that, there are a few cards on theme for this deck that I’d appreciate not receiving, as I already have copies of them. Cards I already own:
Chord of Calling, Yisan, the Wanderer Bard, Feed the Pack, Kessig Cagebreakers, Guild Feud, Wolf of Devil's Breach, Assembled Alphas, Mana Echoes, Brawl, Electropotence, Koth of the Hammer, Alpha Brawl, Guild Feud, Primal Surge, Grim Flowering, Nyxborn Wolf, Setessan Tactics, Wolfbitten Captive, and Mercadian Lift.

References:
Demands Post

COMPLETE
Package Sent: 3 Dec 2016
Tracking Number: 9505514797566338022519
Package Received: 13 Dec 2016

Demands:
I have completed the chromatic challenge, 27 decks, all updated on the google doc below.

As always, I love anything that helps with the theme, anything altered (Even Sharpie) and just anything that I may have overlooked in the deck that would work well.

Staples are always good, and anything in Grixis Colors that is festively done usually makes its way into the St. Nicol Bolas deck.

References:
Demands Post
Moraff's Google Doc of 27 commander decks

COMPLETE
Package Sent: 19 Dec 2016
Tracking Number: 9400 1096 9993 8039 6463 02
Package Received: 23 Dec 2016

Demands:
I am making a Mono-Red dragon tribal so any funny or Grixmas themed for that, plus I like mana rocks with on-theme stuff on it.

Also have a Talrand deck, so altered or weird drake tokens would be cool.

References:
Demands Post

COMPLETE
Package Sent: 25 Nov 2016
Tracking Number: 546524-9550?
Package Received: 10 Dec 2016

Demands:
Honestly, I'm happy for any type of alters you want to send me. If you want me to be more specific, you have two options:
1. Japanese-version Animar, altered to look like Godzilla. I'd be exceptionally impressed if it was the oversized version of Animar to boot. I definitely don't expect anyone to get me this, because it'd probably cost a pretty penny. Please don't feel pressured to get this.

2. Zombie cards and/or Snow-themed cards altered Christmas-style. See this Evil Santa Zur deck I built. I have a signed copy of Zur the Enchanter, but Christmas-themed alters of some of the other cards would be pretty cool. (Zombies are Zur's evil little helpers, basically. Like Santa's elves, but meaner.)

--or--

I've been recently having a lot of fun building budget decks for popular, competitive commanders. I've already done Marath, Dralnu, Azami, and most recently Brago. If you send me a gift with a (more or less) competitive commander, that'll be the next deck I build.

If you send me anything at all, I'll be entirely pleased regardless

References:
Demands Post
Evil Santa Zur
Brago

COMPLETE
Package Sent: 20 Oct 2016
Package Received: 30 Oct 2016

Demands:
I have all five commander 2011 precons (counterpunch, kaalia etc), but I hardly play these decks because I think they suck. At least they don't really match up against tweaked decks, not to mention optimised decks. The thing is, once I start rebuilding I'll end up with decks that use nothing from the precons but the commanders (and perhaps not even those...). So I figured out a way around this: I can change cards as long as they are from another commander set. This'd prevent me from jamming five Mana Crypts in these decks, for instance (not that I own five Mana Crypts, but I still have two kidneys to correct that problem). As an example, two of the decks run Cultivate, but no Kodama's Reach. I find this very annoying. So, I'd like to receive cards that'd improve these precons and are from other commander precons. Don't forget to mention what cards should go out for the cards you send me!

Also: I like alters.

References:
Demands Post

COMPLETE
Tracking Number: RN287953520GB
Package Received: 8 Dec 2016

Demands:
There's nothing I'm desperately seeking... when I get a chance I'll link all my active decks to this post. Cool alters that I can run instead of the generic versions I have are great. Oh, and if my dark overlord cares to splurge, my Sharuum deck is running a textless Cryptic Command and I hate that, so a regular one would be amazing.

Oh, and I need a Mirrorweave for Noyan Dar. Because turning my opponents' creatures into islands until EOT amuses me.

References:
Demands Post
Decks:
Noyan Dar, Roil Shaper
Niv-Mizzet, Dracogenius (or Jori En, Ruin Diver)
Triad of Fates
Roon of the Hidden Realm (landfall)
Helldagriff
Heliod, God of the Sun
Karrthus, Tyrant of Jund
Sharuum the Hegemon
Drana, Kalastria Bloodchief
Brion Stoutarm
Teneb, the Harvester

Package Sent: 9 Dec 2016
Tracking Number: 9500-1120-2796-6344-0446-72
Package Received: 15 Dec 2016

Demands:
My demands are interesting non-wotc tokens, or altered wotc mtg tokens. Either blanked cards with custom art or prints made for mtg use or even the tokens some stores create to basically use as subliminal advertising. Huge points for being fascinating, huge points for being 1/1 flying thopters, 2/2 boars, 1/1 elf warriors, but can use and collect anything. I won't do anything with sharpied items so if that's what it comes down to, move on to option #3. Rare tokens can also apply, like ODY Saprolings, Unhinged/Unglued.

OR:
Altered stuff, especially basic lands.

OR (easy mode, since the above two might be hard for some to come by):
Anything small and playable. I have 12 decks so i always need new stuff.

References:
Demands Post

COMPLETE
Package Sent: 4 Dec 2016
Package Received: 6 Dec 2016

Demands:
Unreasonable Demands:
Auriok Champion

Demands:
Second String Rare Duals - Painlands, Checklands, Signetlands, etc.
2-drop Mana Rocks - Signets and Talismans
Zombie tribal
Random Ice Age/Mirage/Tempest/Urza block nostalgics
Alters/signed/etc.

References:
Demands Post
Selvala, Explorer Returned - Lifegain/Pillowfort
Karlov of the Ghost Council - Lifegain/Voltron
Experiment Kraj - Theft
Selvala, Heart of the Wilds - green combo
Hanna, Ship's Navigator - Stax
Omnath, Locus of Rage - Elemental Anger
The Gitrog Monster - Doom
Meren of Clan Nel Toth - Relentless Rats

COMPLETE
Package Sent: 28 Nov 2016
Package Received: 3 Dec 2016

Demands:
Two years ago, I was gifted a pile of Christmas-themed Sydri alters. Though the deck has now since come apart, I still have the original altered Sydri, and she has re-emerged commanding the Zombie Wacky Races:

If my sender has any altering skills whatsoever, I request Christmas themed alters of any of the (nonland) cards in the provided list- anything aside from Sydri herself is fine. Christmas trees, tinsel, reindeer, tacky Santa hats...go wild. English language cards are preferred but not required. Bonus points for Christmas vehicles!

If my sender has no altering skills at all, I would be more than happy with foils of anything on that decklist, and/or Zombie lords not currently on it.

References:
Demands Post
Clockwork Dead

COMPLETE
Package Sent: 10 Dec 2016
Tracking Number: 9505 51252 0482 6345 0292 70
Package Received: 14 Dec 2016

Demands:
My lists are for the following cards OR any other cards that strive distinct player to player interactions (preferably when it isn't another player's turn, causing them to be active in the game and that isn't just a negative for an opponent).
Accursed Witch
Archfiend of Depravity
Blessed Reincarnation
Brutal Hordechief
Epiphany at the Drownyard
Fortune's Favor
Fatal Lore
etc. etc. I'd make a big list but I don't want to. Oh and please draw all over them making them super Grixis style.

References:
Demands Post

COMPLETE
Package Sent: 1 Dec 2016
Tracking Number: USPS 9505511444336336066644
Package Received: 7 Dec 2106

Demands:
Good red or white cards for a Soldiers/Boros deck in Russian (pre-RtR block), or anything with the Boros symbol altered into a soviet hammer + sickle.
Off-color pie cards, or unique effects that feel out of color.
Cool altered EDH staples

References:
Demands Post

COMPLETE
Package Sent: 6 Dec 2016
Package Received: 14 Dec 2016

Demands:
I need stuff that draws power from enchantments and lifegain. Avacyn, Angel of Hope is still on my want list, even if she is impractical to obtain. I've already got a few defensive enchantments, but I need ways of protecting them.

Past that, anything you think can improve my ARTIES AND 'OOMIES deck would also be of massive help.

References:
Demands Post
ARTIES AND "OOMIES

COMPLETE
Package Sent: 5 Jan 2016
Tracking Number: RN320512713GB
Package Received: 9 Jan 2017

Demands:
I'm a huge Foils fan, not as much alters, but I have a few extended arts that I play (but nothing that hides the card name, textbox, P/T, cost. That stuff is important!) but other than that I've become quite relaxed about what I look for in cards. Some new cards from the latest sets, a couple of older things I haven't gotten round to picking up and, of course, my only "collect 'em all" card: planeswalkers (down to 3: Conspiracy 2 was a wash & Nissa Apex Girl is still eluding me... for now!)

So condenced into a list, the sort of things I'm looking for in general (not specifically from a Grixismas person:)
-Foils for Tasigur / The Mimeoplasm, anything Goodstuff or staple really
-Foil BFZ basics (Esp foil Wastes, one of each image)
-Daretti, Ingenious Iconoclast / Kaya, Ghost Assassin / Nissa, Vital Force
-Selvala, Heart of the Wilds, Selvala’s Stampede
-Expropriate, Recruiter of the Guard, Momentous Fall, Interpret the Signs, Dream Halls, Goblin General, Faith's Reward, Combustible Gearhulk, Torrential Gearhulk, Cataclysmic Gearhulk, Inventor's Fair,
-Anything Shiney

Doesn't matter if you have none of that. I'll happily accept anything. The decks I play are in my sig. if you want to auto inspire or just go your own way and get creative!

Thanks in advance.

References:
Demands Post

Grixmas 2012 | Grixmas 2013 | Grixmas 2014 | Grixmas 2015 | Grixmas 2016 | Grixmas 2017 | Grixmas 2018 | Grixmas 2019

Last edited by St. Nic Bolas on 2017-Jan-09 3:56 pm, edited 46 times in total.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2016-Sep-20 5:57 pm 

----------------------------------------
Voting Instructions

It's time to divvy donations with the prize winning vote to end the Grixmas Season. In true Grixmas fashion, you can base your votes on whatever criteria you wish. However, you may not vote for yourself or the gift you received. Parcels that were sent after Christmas are ineligible, sorry.

Each person's gift image(s) post is linked on below. Review all the gifts received and use the Recipient's Name on the spoiler tag to vote (because that is easier than tracking who sent to whom, and it is already linked by who received)

People that did not participate this year are still eligible to vote (the more votes, the better).

This is what I need from everybody. Please PM the following quote to Bolas with the names of your nominations: (unfortunately we have some disqualifications (DQ) as noted below, because the person that sent that package has not met one or more requirements)

Quote:
<NAME> for Winner Nomination (worth 5 points)
<NAME> for Runner Up Nomination (worth 3 points)
<NAME> for Gutter Nomination (worth 1 point)

I will tally all the votes received by Midnight 20 Jan 2017, post scores and PM the winners.

Voting is Closed
Winners
Segrus (28 Points)
Tim Proctor (22 Points)
zimagic (14 points)

Spoils

Barring any unforeseen Lost Package replacement parcels, here is the current donation tally and breakout for prizes in the season ending vote. One Package has not yet been received.

Here is a list of all the cards up for grabs:

List:
Winner:

Prize Choices

Pictrures with new prize groups will be updated when able

Pictrures with new prize groups will be updated when able

Summaries

Gift Post

Pictures from Shabbaman
Image Link

Gift Post

Gift Post

Gift Post

Gift Post

Gift Post

Gift Post

[url]Gift Post[/url] - PENDING

Unavailable

Gift Post

Gift Post

Last edited by St. Nic Bolas on 2017-Jan-20 3:49 pm, edited 23 times in total.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2016-Sep-21 8:19 am 

Yay! Count me in!

EDIT: WISHLIST...

There's nothing I'm desperately seeking... when I get a chance I'll link all my active decks to this post. Cool alters that I can run instead of the generic versions I have are great. Oh, and if my dark overlord cares to splurge, my Sharuum deck is running a textless Cryptic Command and I hate that, so a regular one would be amazing.

Oh, and I need a Mirrorweave for Noyan Dar. Because turning my opponents' creatures into islands until EOT amuses me.

Noyan Dar, Roil Shaper
Niv-Mizzet, Dracogenius (or Jori En, Ruin Diver)
Triad of Fates
Roon of the Hidden Realm (landfall)
Helldagriff
Heliod, God of the Sun
Karrthus, Tyrant of Jund
Sharuum the Hegemon
Drana, Kalastria Bloodchief
Brion Stoutarm
Teneb, the Harvester

"The President's job - and if someone sufficiently vain and stupid is picked he won't realize this - is not to wield power, but to draw attention away from it." -- Douglas Adams, The Hitchhiker's Guide tot he Galaxy Radio Transcripts predicting the future.

Last edited by Sid the Chicken on 2016-Sep-28 6:13 am, edited 4 times in total.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2016-Sep-21 12:56 pm 

Expectations while working for Bolas:

Reality:

Also, I'm in again. Gosh, I really should work harder this year on doing cool stuff. If I'm needed as a slave, I will lose all sense of respect help out again.

EDIT: Requests for Grixmas:
Honestly, I'm happy for any type of alters you want to send me. If you want me to be more specific, you have two options:
1. Japanese-version Animar, altered to look like Godzilla. I'd be exceptionally impressed if it was the oversized version of Animar to boot. I definitely don't expect anyone to get me this, because it'd probably cost a pretty penny. Please don't feel pressured to get this.

2. Zombie cards and/or Snow-themed cards altered Christmas-style. See this Evil Santa Zur deck I built. I have a signed copy of Zur the Enchanter, but Christmas-themed alters of some of the other cards would be pretty cool. (Zombies are Zur's evil little helpers, basically. Like Santa's elves, but meaner.)

--or--

I've been recently having a lot of fun building budget decks for popular, competitive commanders. I've already done Marath, Dralnu, Azami, and most recently Brago. If you send me a gift with a (more or less) competitive commander, that'll be the next deck I build.

If you send me anything at all, I'll be entirely pleased regardless. I'm just happy Grixmas is a thing, because it's very cool.

Last edited by Segrus on 2016-Sep-22 1:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2016-Sep-21 8:22 pm 

Ah, the most wonderful time of the year. I'm in.

EDIT: Grixis Wishlist

Two years ago, I was gifted a pile of Christmas-themed Sydri alters. Though the deck has now since come apart, I still have the original altered Sydri, and she has re-emerged commanding the Zombie Wacky Races:

https://deckstats.net/decks/9175/543015 ... rk-dead/en

If my sender has any altering skills whatsoever, I request Christmas themed alters of any of the (nonland) cards in the above list- anything aside from Sydri herself is fine. Christmas trees, tinsel, reindeer, tacky Santa hats...go wild. English language cards are preferred but not required. Bonus points for Christmas vehicles!

If my sender has no altering skills at all, I would be more than happy with foils of anything on that decklist, and/or Zombie lords not currently on it.

Daretti, Scrap Savant (Red Artefacts).
Rubinia Soulsinger (Bant Polymorphs).
Kess, Dissident Mage (Grixis Treasure).
Sek'Kuar, Deathkeeper (Jund Apostles).
Marisi, Breaker of the Coil (Naya Midrange).
Mathas, Fiend Seeker (Mardu Judo).

Last edited by Swmystery on 2016-Sep-23 9:05 am, edited 1 time in total.

Offline Profile  

Post subject: Re: Grixmas 2016
AgePosted: 2016-Sep-21 9:34 pm 

Grixmas Registration is open, Slave still wanted.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2016-Sep-21 11:51 pm 

In again! :D

Xantcha, Sleeper Agent - cEDH discard/attrition.
Pre-Modern:
A Denying Wind.
Duel Commander:
Nissa, Vastwoord Seer - Ramp ramp ramp into Ugin+Painter's Servant.
Kari Zev, Skyship Raider - Unbridled Aggro

Find me Saturdays at the Wizard's Tower - Ottawa and occasional Mondays at Westboro Legion for Duel Commander.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2016-Sep-21 11:51 pm 

In like Flynn for the win.

My lists are for the following cards OR any other cards that strive distinct player to player interactions (preferably when it isn't another player's turn, causing them to be active in the game and that isn't just a negative for an opponent).
Accursed Witch
Archfiend of Depravity
Blessed Reincarnation
Brutal Hordechief
Epiphany at the Drownyard
Fortune's Favor
Fatal Lore
etc. etc. I'd make a big list but I don't want to. Oh and please draw all over them making them super Grixis style.

Last edited by Tim Proctor on 2016-Sep-25 6:10 am, edited 1 time in total.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2016-Sep-22 12:14 am 

This is always so fun, and potentially super profitable! Still pulling out the tokens and lovingly admiring the FOIL Dark Confidant and all the other goodies!

As far as requests go, I want the worst 3 color general to build around. (Of course this is completely subjective, this could be one you have no idea how to build, or one that is just terrible, or one that you would hate to sit down and play against.)

With perfect mana, reasonable removal, disruption, and card advantage, we're back to pitchforks and torches. And it's about to get worse for those who do not enjoy the game as Richard Garfield intended, playing as few win conditions as possible and prompting concession after all hopes (and spells) are lost. - Shaheen Soorani

Last edited by Inkeyes22 on 2016-Oct-12 12:06 am, edited 1 time in total.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2016-Sep-22 12:38 am 

I have been informed by a far greater mind than me that this post should be updated, thus:

Wants:

High Priority

A token or two...specifically a custom token representing a 3/3 Flying white Spirit that Oyobi hatches, as there are none of these. Be creative!

A 3/1 Graveborn with Haste for Sek'kuar.

Average Priority:

Glissa stuff would be sweet, but building Experiment Kraj so stuf that works off counters would be oooooooooh DOCTOR! nice levels. Or simic mana enablers.

A Vedalken Shackles for my Rayne deck...

Any number of Erg Raiders (preferable blackbordered, but whatever) or Desert Nomads for my friend's Hazezon Tamar deck. Sand Warrior Custom tokens would be ultra sweet.

White bordered green and red beaters for my white-bordered Radha deck. Hell, War Mammoth and Girzzily bear would make the cut here, or a Llanowar Elf.

Of utmost importance!

Surprise me!

Xantcha, Sleeper Agent - cEDH discard/attrition.
Pre-Modern:
A Denying Wind.
Duel Commander:
Nissa, Vastwoord Seer - Ramp ramp ramp into Ugin+Painter's Servant.
Kari Zev, Skyship Raider - Unbridled Aggro

Find me Saturdays at the Wizard's Tower - Ottawa and occasional Mondays at Westboro Legion for Duel Commander.

Last edited by CrazyPierre on 2016-Oct-23 9:06 am, edited 3 times in total.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2016-Sep-22 6:14 am 

This sounds like fun, count me in.

edit: Grixmas Wishlist
Any of the check lands or RtR shock lands. I'm trying to build a commander of every color combination (just finished tuning number 9), and Imy always looking for more.

Last edited by Marit Lage on 2016-Oct-11 6:05 am, edited 1 time in total.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2016-Sep-22 11:14 pm 

I should put up a vote if my alters are acceptable as a gift. If so, I'll participate if regional shipping applies.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2016-Sep-23 4:05 am 

In, not unlike Errol (sorry Tim)

My demands are interesting non-wotc tokens, or altered wotc mtg tokens. Either blanked cads with custom arts or prints made for mtg use or even the tokens some stores create to basically use as subliminal advertising. Huge points for being fascinating, huge points for being 1/1 flying thopters, 2/2 boars, 1/1 elf warriors, but can use and collect anything. I won't do anything with sharpied items so if that's what it comes down to, move on to option #3 :)
Rare tokens can also apply, like ODY Saprolings, Unhinged/Unglued.
Is it too much to ask for Minagishi?? Haha

OR:
Altered stuff, especially basic lands.

OR (easy mode, since the above two might be hard for some to come by):
Anything small and playable. I have 12 decks so i always need new stuff.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2016-Sep-23 5:02 am 

This is my list of things:

I'm a huge Foils fan, not as much alters, but I have a few extended arts that I play (but nothing that hides the card name, textbox, P/T, cost. That stuff is important!) but other than that I've become quite relaxed about what I look for in cards. Some new cards from the latest sets, a couple of older things I haven't gotten round to picking up and, of course, my only "collect 'em all" card: planeswalkers (down to 3: Conspiracy 2 was a wash & Nissa, Vital Force is still eluding me... for now!)

So condenced into a list, the sort of things I'm looking for in general (not specifically from a Grixismas person:)
-Foils for Tasigur/Mimeoplasm, anything Goodstuff or staple really
-Foil BFZ basics (Esp foil Wastes, one of each image)
-Daretti, Ingenious Iconoclast / Kaya, Ghost Assassin / Nissa, Apex
-Expropriate
-Selvala, Heart of the Wilds / Selvala’s Stampede
-Recruiter of the Guard
-Momentous Fall
-Interpret the Signs
-Dream Halls
-Goblin General
-Faith's Reward
-Combustible Gearhulk / Torrential Gearhulk / Cataclysmic Gearhulk
-Inventor's Fair
-Anything Shiney

Doesn't matter if you have none of that. I'll happily accept anything. The decks I play are in my sig. if you want to auto inspire or just go your own way and get creative!

Thanks in advance.

Sissay 5c Superfriends
Morophon Eldrazi (5C Devoid)
Grenzo's Goblins

Last edited by zimagic on 2016-Oct-07 1:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

Offline Profile  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 221 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 15  Next