Login | Register

All times are UTC - 7 hours

It is currently 2019-Oct-19 6:28 am

Post subject: Re: Pet Card interactions
AgePosted: 2016-Mar-10 4:14 pm 

I like Mishra, Artificer Prodigy and Possibility Storm though that's more dickish overall rather than cute.

I play (or played, i just took a few cards for a new deck so it's technically unplayable at the moment) a 5-c legends deck and there is really cool stuff going on with Mayael + Grenzo, card]Havengul Lich[/card] + Prophet of Kruphix (yea i know it's banned, i said past tense), Seedborn Muse + Mayael, and some other random stuff.

Shabbaman wrote:
Karn plus Eldrazi Monument plus Guardian Beast. Add Disk for maximum douchebaggery.

You probably mean Mycosynth Lattice...?
There's very little going on with those 3 except a 1/9 Indestructible Karn and a Beast that dies to the first disk interaction.

For artifacts i like Prototype Portal + basically anything ever, really. But it's hot with Ugin's Nexus.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2016-Mar-10 11:37 pm 

Sovarius wrote:
There's very little going on with those 3 except a 1/9 Indestructible Karn and a Beast that dies to the first disk interaction.

Turn the Disk and Monument into creatures with Karn. All creatures are made indestructible by the Monument, sweep, nothing dies. Hm. Why am I using Guardian here? Oh right, I have Darksteel Plate to do the same thing without Karn or Monument. I don't know what he's doing here. He doesn't die though. He's indestructible.

Bottom line, I just like Eldrazi Monument and all cards in my deck.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2016-Mar-11 4:43 am 

Ooooh, for some reason i was thinking monument was slightly different. I see. Hm, i have a few artifact decks but haven't used Monument in them, and only Mishra has Beast in it, which is kind of a second copy of Forge.

If you had meant Lattice, Karn also nukes lands for 1 mana. (but i'm sure everyone has known for yeeears)

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2016-Mar-26 2:50 pm 

Don't hit me, but Kamahl, fist of krosa and pestilence.
Or vhati il dal and ascendant evincar.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2016-Mar-26 9:24 pm 

Greatest Gargadon wrote:
Don't hit me, but Kamahl, fist of krosa and pestilence.

I think you'd get punched for this more often than not.

The other one is fine.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2016-Apr-06 10:30 am 

One I'm looking forward to trying out (just have to get the deck together on MTGO) is Cathars' Crusade and Cauldron of Souls. Instant persist repair. (Of course, once the enemy figures out what's going on, Disenchants will be flying thick.)

On the subject of Cathars' Crusade, there's also Ooze Flux. Spend one counter to create an Ooze...whose arrival activates the Crusade, giving you back the counter and more. Repeat for as much as mana will allow.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2016-Apr-07 12:59 pm 

Skyknight wrote:
One I'm looking forward to trying out (just have to get the deck together on MTGO) is Cathars' Crusade and Cauldron of Souls. Instant persist repair. (Of course, once the enemy figures out what's going on, Disenchants will be flying thick.)

On the subject of Cathars' Crusade, there's also Ooze Flux. Spend one counter to create an Ooze...whose arrival activates the Crusade, giving you back the counter and more. Repeat for as much as mana will allow.

Death's Presence also works really well with Ooze Flux, in my experience. I believe I still run the pair in my Varolz deck-->sac an ooze to regen Varolz, then remove the counter on Varolz to return the ooze token. So good.

Also appearing in that Varolz deck: Horobi, Death's Wail. The scavenge ability targets. :twisted:

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2016-Apr-08 2:03 am 

Skyknight wrote:

Don't forget to use Marath as your general.

Offline Profile