Login | Register

All times are UTC - 7 hours

It is currently 2019-Dec-14 2:45 am

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 216 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 15  Next
 Post subject: Re: Grixmas 2015 - Season's Beatings
AgePosted: 2015-Nov-28 7:50 am 

Got a package, the note reads:
"Dear Inkeyes,

I hope you enjoy these cards. Your Damia, Sage of Stone deck is quite the list and I was hoping to find some cards to get signed for you at the Grand Prix Atlanta. Unfortunately, I only realized last minute that there would even be artists, so only the tow are signed. And yes, John Avon dotted the eyes of the Elk on his own without provocation. These are for your Tasigur list.

The Brainstorm is my own alter, so I hope you find it satisfactory. I'm still working on getting them Fantastic.

Merry Grixmas,

A fellow victim."

Two different foil Borderland Rangers

Image and Image

Also there is Image

With perfect mana, reasonable removal, disruption, and card advantage, we're back to pitchforks and torches. And it's about to get worse for those who do not enjoy the game as Richard Garfield intended, playing as few win conditions as possible and prompting concession after all hopes (and spells) are lost. - Shaheen Soorani

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2015-Nov-28 9:14 am 

Just got my package, will post pics soonish.

Current Decks:

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2015-Nov-28 9:17 am 

Package received, poetry included.

Carthain wrote:
The idea that you should be able to build your deck however you want and still be competitive is false, and a bad idea to have. Taken to the extreme, that's like making a deck with no removal in it, and then complaining that you can't win because stuff your opponents play gets in your way.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2015-Nov-30 9:39 am 

Wolfsbane706 wrote:
Segrus wrote:
I will say I've received something in the mail in the form of a Grixmas gift, but I can't be certain who it is from or if more is coming my way.

There should be two more in addition.

So...this means I should thank you for Grixmas? Thank you!

I've received a foil Krosan Cloudscraper, Shape of the Wiitigo, and a Greater Good. Yay, Greater Good! pics

So...Inkeyes...was the Brainstorm okay?

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2015-Nov-30 9:50 am 

Segrus wrote:
Wolfsbane706 wrote:
Segrus wrote:
I will say I've received something in the mail in the form of a Grixmas gift, but I can't be certain who it is from or if more is coming my way.

I've received a foil Krosan Cloudscraper, Shape of the Wiitigo, and a Greater Good. Yay, Greater Good! pics

I wasn't certain what you'd already received. Your decklist hasn't been updated in over a year, so I picked three cards off the list, and ordered them.

Carthain wrote:
The idea that you should be able to build your deck however you want and still be competitive is false, and a bad idea to have. Taken to the extreme, that's like making a deck with no removal in it, and then complaining that you can't win because stuff your opponents play gets in your way.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2015-Nov-30 9:56 am 

Segrus wrote:
Wolfsbane706 wrote:
Segrus wrote:

I really like the Brainstorm.

With perfect mana, reasonable removal, disruption, and card advantage, we're back to pitchforks and torches. And it's about to get worse for those who do not enjoy the game as Richard Garfield intended, playing as few win conditions as possible and prompting concession after all hopes (and spells) are lost. - Shaheen Soorani

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2015-Nov-30 10:00 am 

Wolfsbane706 wrote:
I wasn't certain what you'd already received. Your decklist hasn't been updated in over a year, so I picked three cards off the list, and ordered them.

That's totally fine. I do play the deck off and on, but it doesn't always need a lot of changes over time if that makes sense. Other decks tend to be much more fluid.

That being said, I should actually look and see if there are other cards to include...hmm...
Inkeyes22 wrote:
Good good, I'm glad.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2015-Nov-30 10:03 am 

Segrus wrote:
Wolfsbane706 wrote:

That's totally fine. I do play the deck off and on, but it doesn't always need a lot of changes over time if that makes sense. Other decks tend to be much more fluid.

That being said, I should actually look and see if there are other cards to include...hmm...
Inkeyes22 wrote:
Good good, I'm glad.

At least you liked what you got, especially the Greater Good lol.

Carthain wrote:

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2015-Nov-30 11:19 pm 

Hes been wanting a Great Good for at least a year and a half! Wonder which deck gets it though!?

I didn't failed nothing

My EDH Cube

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2015-Dec-01 6:41 am 

St. Nic Bolas wrote:
Tracking indicates another package was delivered, but there's been no mention of receipt and no PM.

Ooh, that was probably me, 'cause I got a package of loot!

It was obviously from someone who has a deep understanding and appreciation for New England, 'cause it was filled with Dunkin Donuts themed alters!

I'll try to poke my scanner into cooperation and post some pics.

Edit: Forgot to mention, the packaging was really fun... My cards shipped in an empty Dunkin Donuts bag with a bunch of Eldrazi ingesters (clearly the bastards snuck in and ate all the actual donuts...)

After much durdling (and Inkeyes posting pics already :roll: ) here's some scans:

Also included: Bartel Runeaxe + Hammerheim for my Legends legends, plus some other sweet Giant Warrior tribal stuff that will probably turn into a deck here in a bit.

Last edited by Kemev on 2016-Jan-05 2:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2015-Dec-01 6:50 am 

Longest.
24h.
Ever.

Don't make it 48h.*

And don't forget to post the youtube link.

You know who you are!! (or will soon enough!)

*Mailman may have something to do with this!!

Sissay 5c Superfriends
Morophon Eldrazi (5C Devoid)
Grenzo's Goblins

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2015-Dec-01 7:33 am 

My thanks to Maiden77 for his/her Grixmas gift!

My request for a new Commander have been met with the beautiful and wonderful Wydwen, the Biting Gale and the ferocious Sygg, River Cutthroat. Links to his/her excellent alters can be found here:

http://imgur.com/vPbFYrg

http://imgur.com/kueAZyj

Other things in the package included Druidic Satchel, Trading Post, Glen Elendra Liege, Plea for Power and a variety of other horrors.

Of the two, I suspect Wydwen will be my Dimir Commander of choice, and given when I saw the art my mind went to Hero's Blade...Voltron may be the plan of choice.

Merry Grixmas, everyone!

Daretti, Scrap Savant (Red Artefacts).
Ephara, God of the Polis (Azorius Men O'War)
Rubinia Soulsinger (Bant Polymorphs).
Kess, Dissident Mage (Grixis Treasure).
Sek'Kuar, Deathkeeper (Jund Apostles).
Mathas, Fiend Seeker (Mardu Judo).

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2015-Dec-01 9:09 am 

glad you like em :mrgreen: I love that nobody knows if i am a guy or not given my username and real name of Jamie haha :-P I am a dude as i never really post that detail lol

So chuffed you like the alters mate, i wanted to keep the cards a little generic so that you could forge your own path a little. The alters I hope went down well and i hope they play well! :mrgreen:

I didn't failed nothing

My EDH Cube

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2015-Dec-01 11:01 am 

maiden77 wrote:
glad you like em :mrgreen: I love that nobody knows if i am a guy or not given my username and real name of Jamie haha :-P I am a dude as i never really post that detail lol

Aw, you ruined it! You could have been the forum's Pat! Who's that? It's Maiden77! A he or a she or a that?

"The President's job - and if someone sufficiently vain and stupid is picked he won't realize this - is not to wield power, but to draw attention away from it." -- Douglas Adams, The Hitchhiker's Guide tot he Galaxy Radio Transcripts predicting the future.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2015-Dec-01 12:31 pm 

My package got here a few days ago, but I'm having difficulty uploading photos. They'll follow when I can.

Putrid Pirate Proliferation
Lord of Voltronhorn
Unlife of the Party
Jaya Ballard, Discard Mage
Zedruu and the Minotaurs
Vish Kal's ManSlaughterhouse
Izzet Any Good?

Chorus of Counters

Offline Profile  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 216 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 15  Next