Login | Register

All times are UTC - 7 hours

It is currently 2019-Sep-17 10:51 am

Post subject: Re: Rewording cards to unleash their potential
AgePosted: 2015-Jun-24 11:07 am 

Viperion wrote:
2G, Instant: Search your deck for a basic land card and put it into your hand, then shuffle your library. Draw a card.

One of the best land search cards ever printed and I'd say it's criminally underplayed. It is played but not nearly enough. IMO.

Name that card!

Don't forget there is now a 6/5 boar beast in your graveyard waiting to be reanimated.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2015-Jun-24 11:27 am 

Jelik wrote:
Viperion wrote:
2G, Instant: Search your deck for a basic land card and put it into your hand, then shuffle your library. Draw a card.

One of the best land search cards ever printed and I'd say it's criminally underplayed. It is played but not nearly enough. IMO.

Name that card!
Don't forget there is now a 6/5 boar beast in your graveyard waiting to be reanimated.
;)

Edited to add actual content: Even then, as an instant this card is eminently playable. With a body attached it's just gravy :D

"- if this spell is played ten times in a given game then I suggest you warm up the tar and pluck some chickens" - tarnar

The internet's great at making noise, and poor at operating pants. There's gonna be half-dressed mobs screeching half-assed arguments for the rest of the 21st century - Kemev

Online Profile  

AgePosted: 2015-Jun-24 11:38 am 

Viperion wrote:

Name that card!

I think you forgot "This spell can't be countered".

"The President's job - and if someone sufficiently vain and stupid is picked he won't realize this - is not to wield power, but to draw attention away from it." -- Douglas Adams, The Hitchhiker's Guide tot he Galaxy Radio Transcripts predicting the future.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2015-Jun-24 2:08 pm 

I love that card. I have it from precon decks and I just love it. It belongs in the category of cards that "if you actually cast it you're doing it wrong"

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2015-Jun-24 3:23 pm 

Sid the Chicken wrote:
Viperion wrote:

Name that card!

I think you forgot "This spell can't be countered".

Quite right (corner cases be damned). Will edit post now :)

"- if this spell is played ten times in a given game then I suggest you warm up the tar and pluck some chickens" - tarnar

The internet's great at making noise, and poor at operating pants. There's gonna be half-dressed mobs screeching half-assed arguments for the rest of the 21st century - Kemev

Online Profile  

AgePosted: 2015-Jun-25 2:34 am 

Viperion wrote:
Jelik wrote:
Viperion wrote:

Name that card!
;)

Edited to add actual content: Even then, as an instant this card is eminently playable. With a body attached it's just gravy :D

How about "If you get the option to return a creature from your graveyard to your hand you can return this instead."

The things I do with phyrexian reclamation....

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2015-Jun-25 11:06 am 

Quote:
Eternal Witness Deux
4GG
Creature - Human Shaman
2/1
When EWD enters the battelfield, return target card from your graveyard to your hand and put a green 6/5 Beast creature token onto the battlefield.

In my late teens I was a Spike.
In my 20's I was a Johnny.
Now, I just like to play.
'Active decks' list here.
Currently hiring servants for my palace, made from my own walls of text.

Offline Profile