Login | Register

All times are UTC - 7 hours

It is currently 2019-Sep-18 3:35 am

Post subject: Sarkhan, the Dragonspeaker
AgePosted: 2014-Nov-26 4:18 pm 

This deck is designed to play in a star matchup against Blue and White, i.e. kill the colors enemies. There are several cards in here specifically to hate on them. The blue general is Memnarch and the white general is Kemba, Kha Regent so there is a fair amount of artifact hate in the deck. (The black general is Ob Nixilis of the Black Oath and the green general is Ezuri, Renegade Leader just as an FYI).

Additionally, my play group is trying out the old 'walkers as generals so it serves 2 purposes. Garruk, Apex Predator is the only one for sure that I know of... there has been talk of Gideon Jura but that seems to have changed...

I would like some suggestions for 6 cards (Keeping Stranglehold and Leyline) to change the hate cards... Red doesn't have as much depth as most other colors in EDH, I have looked through all the dragons and either they are too expensive (Zodiac Dragon) or I just don't care for 2/2 dragons. I do have non-dragon creatures, I had thought about only doing dragons, but I thought it would hurt the deck more than help it as Kemba isn't going to wait until turn 7 to attack.

Thanks in advance.

With perfect mana, reasonable removal, disruption, and card advantage, we're back to pitchforks and torches. And it's about to get worse for those who do not enjoy the game as Richard Garfield intended, playing as few win conditions as possible and prompting concession after all hopes (and spells) are lost. - Shaheen Soorani

Offline Profile  

Post subject: Re: Sarkhan, the Dragonspeaker
AgePosted: 2014-Dec-04 10:10 pm 

If you want to maintain this deck specifically for star magic, then Mana Geyser may end up being a little disappointing. Since you only have two opponents and you know one of them is monoblue, with a general that can use up mana at instant speed no less, the total mana gained may just be a little disappointing.

I recommend adding in Grab the Reins, Hateflayer, Into the Core and, if you think you run enough artifact hate, Liquimetal Coating. These can help red handle indestructibility, which it otherwise has an awful time trying to fight through, Liquimetal coating grants you answers to enchantments and creatures too big to burn.

Also, you have Forgotten Cave listed twice.

Yasova Dragonclaw - Yasova Tinyclaw/Slightly-less-tinyclaw
Kruphix, God of Horizons - That Which Was Taken by Kruphix
Selvala, Explorer Returned - Blackless dredge
Freyalise, Llanowar's Fury - Monogreen Superfriends
Pharika, God of Affliction - Hemlock

Offline Profile  

Post subject: Re: Sarkhan, the Dragonspeaker
AgePosted: 2014-Dec-05 3:29 pm 

Hmmm not sure what the second Forgotten Cave is supposed to be but with Valakut it should probably just be another mountain. I think you are right on Mana Geyser. Kemba is runs only around 35 or 36 lands so unlikely to get much of of him.

Liquimetal Coating would be a good inclusion as I have a few ways of interacting with artifacts, but few ways of getting rid of enchantments, obviously being red. Into the Core is probably a good choice as blue runs so many mana rocks and there is quite a few equipments in Kemba. I doubt I will not have 2 targets.

With perfect mana, reasonable removal, disruption, and card advantage, we're back to pitchforks and torches. And it's about to get worse for those who do not enjoy the game as Richard Garfield intended, playing as few win conditions as possible and prompting concession after all hopes (and spells) are lost. - Shaheen Soorani

Offline Profile