Login | Register

All times are UTC - 7 hours

It is currently 2019-Sep-22 10:54 am

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 302 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 21  Next
 Post subject: Re: Grixmas 2014 - Season's Beatings
AgePosted: 2014-Oct-21 10:28 pm 

12 Days remain to sign up. Some have expressed interest, but not sent the required PM information to register.

DarksteelElephant wrote:
1. If we alter our wishes, should we pm you about it, or do you automatically know if a post is edited?

A PM that your wish has been updated is appreciated, but not required. Your wish post is linked to your profile on Pg 1, so make sure you are editing the original post, not making a new post with changes. I scan for updates periodically to update the first page. However, since it is linked, your Gifter will always be able to follow the link and see your most recent changes as long as they are in the original post.
DarksteelElephant wrote:
2. I know that everyone is expected to do what they can, but what would the bare minimum requirements be (I don't plan to stay that low, but it is good to have a reference)
Minimum requirements are to send a package with at least one card in the required time frame. Realistically, send the kind of package you can both afford and would be happy to receive.
"Now if you feel that the bare minimum is enough, then okay. But some people choose to [send] more and we encourage that, okay? You do want to express yourself, don't you?"
DarksteelElephant wrote:
3. If we have any specific questions or concerns regarding shipping or to clear up a request without giving away who we are to our recipients, do we use you as a go between?

All traffic of that sort, after recipients are assigned and before packages are received and revealed, goes through us. If it is a specific question, send this account a PM and we will either post in the main thread for the recipient to answer there, or PM the individual to get an answer to send to you. Sneaky Grixmas gifters will send from a location that can't be traced back to them and let the recipient try to guess their identity.
DarksteelElephant wrote:
4. Should I add you as a friend or foe.

I am Bolas. What, if anything, do you think?

Grixmas 2012 | Grixmas 2013 | Grixmas 2014 | Grixmas 2015 | Grixmas 2016 | Grixmas 2017 | Grixmas 2018

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2014-Oct-28 5:48 pm 
EDH Rules Committee

I was thinking about not joining this year, cuz I'm a big baby, but then I realized that's just me being a big baby so I'm in.

What do I want? Just for u to know i love u

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2014-Oct-29 12:44 am 

Ban Ki-moon wrote:
I was thinking about not joining this year, cuz I'm a big baby, but then I realized that's just me being a big baby so I'm in.

What do I want? Just for u to know i love u

Good, that makes 12 of us. :lol:

Also, Nicol Bolas gained control of me for more specifics so updating my list on page 1 for more precise information.

Xantcha, Sleeper Agent - cEDH discard/attrition.
Pre-Modern:
A Denying Wind.
Duel Commander:
Nissa, Vastwoord Seer - Ramp ramp ramp into Ugin+Painter's Servant.
Kari Zev, Skyship Raider - Unbridled Aggro

Find me Saturdays at the Wizard's Tower - Ottawa and occasional Mondays at Westboro Legion for Duel Commander.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2014-Oct-29 12:48 am 

I was waiting for that. #13 Zimagic, I've done all the others, won't miss this one.

Sissay 5c Superfriends
Morophon Eldrazi (5C Devoid)
Grenzo's Goblins

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2014-Oct-29 2:40 am 

Ban Ki-moon wrote:

Were you among those that got burned last year?

"The President's job - and if someone sufficiently vain and stupid is picked he won't realize this - is not to wield power, but to draw attention away from it." -- Douglas Adams, The Hitchhiker's Guide tot he Galaxy Radio Transcripts predicting the future.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2014-Oct-29 2:46 am 

Sid the Chicken wrote:
Ban Ki-moon wrote:

Were you among those that got burned last year?

Kinda... His was worse cause he had the postal office fiasco.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2014-Oct-29 3:58 am 

Tim Proctor wrote:

Wasn't it about the post office saying he had to pay some outrageous fee because of the insurance on the package, or something to that effect?

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2014-Oct-29 4:11 am 
EDH Rules Committee

Segrus wrote:
Tim Proctor wrote:

Wasn't it about the post office saying he had to pay some outrageous fee because of the insurance on the package, or something to that effect?

This is what happened (customs fees tho), but I'm not bitter about it. I'm just really busy right now is all, and that's what I was being a baby about.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2014-Oct-29 4:21 am 

Ban Ki-moon wrote:
This is what happened (customs fees tho), but I'm not bitter about it. I'm just really busy right now is all, and that's what I was being a baby about.

Gotcha. I imagine your schedule is normally pretty cramped, what with all these humanitarian crises and general worldwide angst.

"The President's job - and if someone sufficiently vain and stupid is picked he won't realize this - is not to wield power, but to draw attention away from it." -- Douglas Adams, The Hitchhiker's Guide tot he Galaxy Radio Transcripts predicting the future.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2014-Oct-31 1:32 am 

Well, considering that I'm in a happy zone right now because I have a new job (actually, I had two different new jobs, so I even got to rock/paper/shotgun which one to choose ;) ) I had a last-minute change of heart and decided to ignore postal crap. I might take up Tim's offer to ship/order stuff transcontinental through him, and I'd be glad to help anyone who's looking for a similar deal for Europeans.

Anyway...

That still leaves me with the same problem I had last year: I don't really have a want-list to speak of. Most of what I'm considering to get for myself is anything that gets rid of the stupid new card frame. Yes, we're talking about full-art promo's and judge gifts. I don't want to receive that as a gift though, but if you're looking to alter something: what would make me very happy are alters that remove the modern card frame. Even if you suck at altering (like me) but manage to turn it into something personal, that'd mean a lot for me. You can look at my decklists (Glissa, very rough Gahiji list, and I'll post my Ramses Overdark list later) for inspiration, but some of my favorites are Reassembling Skeleton, Sakura-tribe Elder, Burnished Hart and Expedition Map.

Another thing that always makes me happy: token cards. Some of the tokens I use (see the lists I linked to) are hard to find, like those for Wurmcoil Engine or Dragon broodmother, or simply require a bazillion of them (like plant tokens for Avenger of Zendikar or elementals for Lightning Coils). Maybe you have these lying around, or you could try to make them.

As a closing remark: I live in Holland, and at my current adress I haven't lost a single piece of postage. The Dutch post isn't known for their sloppy service, I won't mind if you don't bother with registered shipping if that requires an exorbitant fee.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2014-Nov-01 6:29 pm 

Updated to here.

Only 2 more days to go and we still have people that have posted in the thread, but not sent the PM.

We do have all required info from those that have PMed though. However, not all of them have wishes in the thread. Names will go out on the 7th, so make sure you have your wishes updated (if needed) by then.

BKM, I updated yours for you....<evil grin>

Grixmas 2012 | Grixmas 2013 | Grixmas 2014 | Grixmas 2015 | Grixmas 2016 | Grixmas 2017 | Grixmas 2018

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2014-Nov-01 6:51 pm 

DP - nothing to see here.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2014-Nov-02 12:09 am 

I just had the best idea I have ever had- if someone loses their cards in the mail, when you send them the donated cards to make up for it, send Reparations.

Current Decks:

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2014-Nov-02 6:50 am 

I'm starting to play a lot of Vintage but I'm short on a lot of cards. If you draw me and want to help, the following is a good list to start from for things I'm looking to pick up:
Recent: Young Pyromancer (2-3), Pyroblasts (1-2), Delvers (1), Misteps (2-3), Flusterstorms (any #), Grafdigger's Cage (2), Griselbrand (1), Cavern of Souls (1-2), Treasure Cruise, Dig Through Time
From the Commander 2014 product: Containment Priest (1-2), Dualcaster Mage (2-3)
Older items: Null Rod (4), Uba Mask (1-2), Tolarian Academy (1), Goblin Welder (1-2), Lotus Petal (1), Tanglewire (2-3), Engineered Explosives (1-2), Burning Wish (1), Oath of Druids (4), Magus of the Moon (2)/Blood Moon (1-2), (And forces/power :D )

I understand that there's a lot of money all over that list and there's really no reason anyone should want to pass any of this on so I'll understand if you can't help with this project. I definitely won't say no to any of the cheaper items, all donations accepted! :) Be as generous as you feel!

Other than that I'm big into Commander foils so anything staple-y or that could go into my decks (listed in my sig) I'll be very, very happy to receive pretty much anything, I'm not difficult !

Thank you & Merry Grixismas!!

Sissay 5c Superfriends
Morophon Eldrazi (5C Devoid)
Grenzo's Goblins

Last edited by zimagic on 2014-Nov-04 10:08 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2014-Nov-02 9:43 am 

Hey Saint Nic, the section for my wishes seems to have been changed... it was accurate before but now it is out of date... Did the time travel fight you had with Ugin screw up the forums?

Current Decks:

Offline Profile  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 302 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 21  Next