Login | Register

All times are UTC - 7 hours

It is currently 2019-Sep-22 11:55 pm

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 302 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 21  Next
 Post subject: Re: Grixmas 2014 - Season's Beatings
AgePosted: 2014-Oct-14 1:56 pm 

This sounds like fun. Anything is good, anything blue and black bordered would be awesome!

Here is a link to my Bant Superfriends list. Most is not foiled, (only the Wrath of God) as far I can remember. A Jenara, Asura of War would be appreciated as then I could change the general depending on if I wanted to tone down the deck.

http://mtgcommander.net/Forum/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=17357

With perfect mana, reasonable removal, disruption, and card advantage, we're back to pitchforks and torches. And it's about to get worse for those who do not enjoy the game as Richard Garfield intended, playing as few win conditions as possible and prompting concession after all hopes (and spells) are lost. - Shaheen Soorani

Last edited by Inkeyes22 on 2014-Nov-17 7:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2014-Oct-14 6:07 pm 

Inkeyes22 wrote:
This sounds like fun. Anything is good, anything blue and black bordered would be awesome!

Blue bordered like a cool new Un-set we haven't heard of yet?!

Can i just ask, if I were to get you as a secret Grixmas recievee could I alter the borders to be blue or half or each for multicoloured?!!? That would look really cool! :mrgreen:

I didn't failed nothing

My EDH Cube

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2014-Oct-14 6:35 pm 

Viperion wrote:
I will be sending registered mail/tracking this time, since my package got lost last year :(

This is one of the reasons I doubt I'll participate this year. The cost of registered mail is prohibitve for transcontinental shipping, around 25 euros. Which brings me to the next reason: that is actually already the upper limit (or beyond) of what I'm willing to spend (which makes registered shipping even more absurd if shipping costs exceed the cost of the gift) on a casual gift (indeed, I'm Dutch).

Yes., I know I don't have to register my mail, and that turned out okay last year (actually, regular mail to New Zealand is dirt cheap), but I find it important that people get their gift. I sent a consolation gift to Canada, via regular mail, and after a few weeks the parcel was returned to me because apparently the adress doesn't exist. There's a lot that can go wrong in the mail, and this occasion didn't even get the parcel lost.

And yes, I know I don't have to spend a fortune on the gift either, but last year I saw that quite some people do. This annoys me to no end, as I don't want to be on the receiving end of that fortune, and I certainly don't want the generous people be on the receiving end of my amateurishly altered imps.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2014-Oct-14 11:30 pm 

For those worried about shipping costs, I can find, alter, and ship them at cost. For the price of what shipping may cost you, I can get the entire package out. I did it for a couple people in the last seasons of and will do it if you want.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2014-Oct-14 11:32 pm 

You could always consider donating cards, as they're supposed to be pre-Cons or <$1 (<0.79 euros), and then it won't be a real big deal if something messes up with the mail.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2014-Oct-15 12:45 am 

We could check who is outside the US, and maybe pair them up? I know it will take out some of the surprise but it would be better than people not joining in full stop IMO. I am in the UK for example, whilst I am happy to ship and insure to the US (only £3.5 ish for a max £46 of value) or anywhere for that matter, if paired with a person in the EU, it would reduce the shipping of course, but for some people in countries like Italy, postage is there is pretty terrible, and getting a lower distance package might be better. I dunno, just an idea really.

I didn't failed nothing

My EDH Cube

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2014-Oct-15 3:26 am 

I does bear repeating from previous Grixmas seasons... Personalized trumps value.

Also, for those that have put in a post here, you aren't added if I haven't received the PM and all the information required in it.

Grixmas 2012 | Grixmas 2013 | Grixmas 2014 | Grixmas 2015 | Grixmas 2016 | Grixmas 2017 | Grixmas 2018

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2014-Oct-15 6:38 am 

St. Bolas, I sent you my email address, hoping that is sufficient. I do have alerts turned on from the forum, which is how I responded.

Anyhoo...thanks again!

Xantcha, Sleeper Agent - cEDH discard/attrition.
Pre-Modern:
A Denying Wind.
Duel Commander:
Nissa, Vastwoord Seer - Ramp ramp ramp into Ugin+Painter's Servant.
Kari Zev, Skyship Raider - Unbridled Aggro

Find me Saturdays at the Wizard's Tower - Ottawa and occasional Mondays at Westboro Legion for Duel Commander.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2014-Oct-17 12:37 am 

St. Nic Bolas wrote:
It does bear repeating from previous Grixmas seasons... Personalized trumps value.

This. I'm pretty sure the gift I received last year wasn't worth a ton of money, but it was completely freaking awesome, because he took the time to make something personalized and unique.

"The President's job - and if someone sufficiently vain and stupid is picked he won't realize this - is not to wield power, but to draw attention away from it." -- Douglas Adams, The Hitchhiker's Guide tot he Galaxy Radio Transcripts predicting the future.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2014-Oct-17 8:00 am 

I'm in. I pm'd you my info.

Mayael the Anima

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2014-Oct-18 6:01 am 

I am in! I don't care that much about the value, so send whatever you feel comfortable sending. Having said that, here are a bunch of demands:
(Note: With the alters and foils, I already own enough of them that I don't need normal ones. If you want to be an amazing person and send in foiled/altered cards from my regular card list, then feel free to do so. Those are cards that I need so I prioritize getting them over getting them pimped. For the alters, full art is preferable, but anything will be great! If you want to put a holiday theme on one or more of them, then go nuts, just note that I am Jewish, so any Hanukkah themed cards will be hilarious and much appreciated!)
Foils:
Oloro, Ageless Ascetic
Karrthus, Tyrant of Jund
Sharuum the Hegemon (but not FTV)
Shivan Dragon (FTV this time)

Alters:
Vampire Nighthawk
Wrath of God
Path to Exile
Memnite
Ornithopter
Diabolic Tutor x2
Prophet of Kruphix
Mana Reflection
Doom Blade

Normal Cards:
Damnation
Hellkite Overlord
Demonic Tutor
Phyrexian Arena
Austere Command
Drogskol Reaver
Darksteel Colossus
Ethersworn Adjudicator
Bladewing Risen
Etherium Sculptor
Obzedat Ghost Council
Orim's Prayer
Rhox Faithmender
Subversion
Archangel of Thune
Blood Baron of Vizkopa
Dark Tutelage
Etherwrought Page
Necropotence

I know this is a long list, but I am the kind of person who has a million ideas for decks at any given moment, so know that I don't expect to get even half of the cards here. I just want to give you a lot of choices, because I know that someone indecisive will get it, and it will torture them, and they will read the previous statements and feel guilty about not giving me it all, so they will send it, as Lord Bolos taught me and.... CRAP was that out loud... um... ah... LOOK A PUPPY! (runs away)

And I know it is not a Magic Card, but it is still something I really want: This Innistrad Liliana Playmat: http://www.trollandtoad.com/p319814.html

Current Decks:

Last edited by DarksteelElephant on 2014-Oct-25 2:58 am, edited 4 times in total.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2014-Oct-19 12:32 pm 

Jus thave a question for those that like alters...would a Sharpie drawing/signature suffice? Cos I have no drawing talent... :(.

Xantcha, Sleeper Agent - cEDH discard/attrition.
Pre-Modern:
A Denying Wind.
Duel Commander:
Nissa, Vastwoord Seer - Ramp ramp ramp into Ugin+Painter's Servant.
Kari Zev, Skyship Raider - Unbridled Aggro

Find me Saturdays at the Wizard's Tower - Ottawa and occasional Mondays at Westboro Legion for Duel Commander.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2014-Oct-19 12:55 pm 

CrazyPierre wrote:
Jus thave a question for those that like alters...would a Sharpie drawing/signature suffice? Cos I have no drawing talent... :(.

Yes.,

BKM sent me a bunch of awesome sharpie alters the first time around; they are epic - and I still use most of them.

I just put the Urzatron-Weatherlight lands into my new Koz deck :D

My friend made me put them in order - or he'd take them away.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2014-Oct-19 1:42 pm 

CrazyPierre wrote:
Just as a note: If you make your alters simple, can be patient, and use acrylic paint (it's "erasable" with plain water), you don't need a lot of skill. I can't draw worth crap, but I've done (what I think are) some decent alters for the gift exchange for the last few years. Give it a shot; you may surprise yourself.

My Decks: Zombiepocalypse (Thraximundar) ♦ Thrun stands alone (voltron) ♦ Ashling the Burninator ♦ Doran beatdown (treefolk/plant tribal) ♦ Mine! (UB theft/clone) ♦ Vampire Beatdown (Edgar Markov) ♦ BW Enchantments (Daxos the Returned)

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2014-Oct-20 7:58 am 

I just have a few questions for Old Saint Nic Bolas;
1. If we alter our wishes, should we pm you about it, or do you automatically know if a post is edited?
2. I know that everyone is expected to do what they can, but what would the bare minimum requirements be (I don't plan to stay that low, but it is good to have a reference)
3. If we have any specific questions or concerns regarding shipping or to clear up a request without giving away who we are to our recipients, do we use you as a go between?
4. Should I add you as a friend or foe :mrgreen: .

Current Decks:

Offline Profile  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 302 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 21  Next