Login | Register

All times are UTC - 7 hours

It is currently 2019-Sep-17 5:06 pm

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 302 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 21  Next
 Post subject: Grixmas 2014 - Season's Beatings
AgePosted: 2014-Oct-10 9:22 pm 

Grixmas 2014

Timeline:
    End sign-up: (last date to submit your name for participation)
      3 Nov 14
    Verify Contact Data: (Last date to verify your contact information)
      7 Nov 14
    Send Victim Names: (date on which you will receive a PM with your victim's name)
      9 Nov 14
    Package Send by: (All packages must be sent by this date)
      5 Dec 14

I am running a seasonal power exchange, where people will get a random Magic: the Gathering card from their secret Elder Dragon (I love when they give up their power so easily). If you are interested in receiving (and giving, even though it is the receiving season) a card then please PM me.

Your PM must include:
    Name
    Address
    Additional Contact 1
    Limiting Information 2

I also require a PM to be sent within 48hrs when a package is sent or received. Tracking is not required but is highly encouraged (especially since, for US residents, flat rate Priority mail comes with free tracking and $50 free insurance) and if used, the tracking info should be in the PM as well.

Failure to PM your contact information by the deadline will preclude inclusion in the program.
Failure to PM package information (when you sent or received) will prevent participation in next year's program. You have been warned.

Please feel free to post a 'requests' post with the type of cards that you would be most excited about getting (remember you're not going to get a black lotus so keep it realistic and remember these are requests you are not guaranteed to get any of them). Because I always encourage the defacement of property, alters are always encouraged, especially sharpy based items. Previously successful request schema include:

Linking a decklist from which options may be chosen (if you reference a deck, link it)
    Altered/Promo versions of Generals being played
    Alter requests - Specific card(s) (something like "Altered Storm Crow" - IGottaBigDeck's request)
    Alter Requests - Specific theme (something like "any card altered to Dora the Explorer theme" - Shabbaman's Request)
    Cards signed by the sender
    Interesting Generals (altered or not)
    Old cards that woul not see printing now (abilities out of rarity or color like Sinbad, odd effects like Balduvian Shaman)
    Tokens (altered or not)

This is an EDH forum so EDH staples are probably the best type of card to send. Also altered or signed versions of cards help make your gift unique. Changes to what you are wishing for should be made by updating the original post (since that will be linked to you name on this page). A PM or post in the thread that you have updated that information is appreciated.

The second post of this thread will have all information summarized and linked by participant.

I am accepting donations early for the running of this program (rather than waiting until Murphy strikes). Your options, should you choose to donate, are:

- Mail a single card, personally altered and signed (good or bad, but not professionally altered unless you are the professional). The card should be from an EDH Pre-con -or- less than $1 (or local currency)
-- For those who wish to donate but shipping is prohibitive, I will send a SASE (or equivilent) for you to send the donation. I am working with the RC to test the ability to do SASEs internationally as well. PM for details.
- Cards received will first be used to cover any packages that are lost to the mail. The goal is to have a bank of cards before any packages are lost, so there is no waiting time for donations to replace lost packages. All the remaining donations will be used for the season closing vote on most seasonal/appropriate gift.

Note 1 wrote:

Participation requires that either you can be emailed through the forum, or if you have that feature turned off you supply an email address. Email addresses are also required for Donations SASE use and/or Paypal donations.

Note 2 wrote:

If you intend to move, take a vacation or anything else that may affect your ability to send or receive, please note that here (or PM me as soon as you know). If, for example, you know you plan on taking a vacation but don't have dates yet, then let me know that you will have a holiday vacation and dates are pending. More information is better than less.

Grixmas 2012 | Grixmas 2013 | Grixmas 2014 | Grixmas 2015 | Grixmas 2016 | Grixmas 2017 | Grixmas 2018

Last edited by St. Nic Bolas on 2015-Feb-07 7:19 am, edited 5 times in total.

Offline Profile  

Post subject: Re: Grixmas 2014 - Season's Beatings
AgePosted: 2014-Oct-10 9:22 pm 

Number of Participants: 17

Tally:

*All Parcels have been sent*

*All Parcels have been received*

4 Donations received (Maiden 77, Celerus, Masked Thespian and Treamayne)

COMPLETE
Package Sent: 10 Dec 14
Tracking Number: Unavailable
Package Received: 2 Feb 2015

Wishes: What do I want? Just for u to know i love u. (And lots of Storm Crows)

References:
Wishes

COMPLETE
Package Sent: 8 Dec 14
Tracking Number: Not Available
Package Received: 12 Dec 14

Wishes: Any card card from my Mayael deck list, not already pimped out, with one or more of the following traits: foil, full art, altered, signed, or non-English.

References:
Mayael Deck List

COMPLETE
Package Sent: 24 Nov 2014
Tracking Number: USPS: LC439814660US
Package Received: 5 Dec 14

Wishes:
Not looking for much this year, getting out of foils so...

Gaddock Teeg enablers! (Stonebrow has been set free.) I do not have a decklist online, but this will be a slowdown/prison deck.

Smokestack, Torpor Orb, Stony Silence, Aura of Silence, Hokori, Dust Drinker,

"I don't have a list, the deck is still in the formative stages but I'm looking for various prison elements like GhostlyPrison, Kataki, Thalia, Hokori, Torpor Orb, Smokestack, Umbilicus, Jester's Cap, Possessed Portal ...and any amount of white Wrath effects like Austere Command, Day of Judgement, etc.

Any green white staples like Qasali Pridemage, Scavenging Ooze, Fierce Empath, etc.

I know this is pretty general but I'd just like anything that's convenient for the person in either green or white. I've used everything anyone has sent me in the past so.

References:
Wishes

COMPLETE
Package Sent: 19 Nov 14
Package Received: 28 Nov 14

Wishes: I am in! I don't care that much about the value, so send whatever you feel comfortable sending. Having said that, here are a bunch of demands:
(Note: With the alters and foils, I already own enough of them that I don't need normal ones. If you want to be an amazing person and send in foiled/altered cards from my regular card list, then feel free to do so. Those are cards that I need so I prioritize getting them over getting them pimped. For the alters, full art is preferable, but anything will be great! If you want to put a holiday theme on one or more of them, then go nuts, just note that I am Jewish, so any Hanukkah themed cards will be hilarious and much appreciated!)

Foils:
Oloro, Ageless Ascetic, Karrthus, Tyrant of Jund, Shivan Dragon (FTV), Sharuum the Hegemon (Not FTV)

Alters:
Vampire Nighthawk, Wrath of God, Path to Exile, Memnite, Ornithopter, Diabolic Tutor, Prophet of Kruphix, Mana Reflection, Doom Blade

Normal Cards:
Damnation, Hellkite Overlord, Demonic Tutor, Phyrexian Arena, Austere Command, Drogskol Reaver, Darksteel Colossus, Ethersworn Adjudicator, Bladewing Risen, Etherium Sculptor, Obzedat Ghost Council, Orim's Prayer, Rhox Faithmender, Subversion, Archangel of Thune, Blood Baron of Vizkopa, Dark Tutelage, Etherwrought Page, Necropotence

Non-Card: Lilliana Playmat

References:
Wishes
INN Liliana Playmat

COMPLETE
Package Sent: 29 Nov 14
Tracking Number: Registered (Signature required)
Package Received: 8 Dec 14

Wishes: Anything is good, anything blue and black bordered would be awesome!
Foils/Alters for my Bant Superfriends list. Most is not foiled, (only the Wrath of God) as far I can remember. A Jenara, Asura of War would be appreciated as then I could change the general depending on if I wanted to tone down the deck

References:
Wishes
Bant Superfriends

COMPLETE
Package Sent: 18 Nov 14
Tracking Number: CPS: EG 021 482 422 CA
Package Received: 24 Nov 2014

Wishes:
3 Foil 10th Edition Russian Spark Elementals. Or just random nonfoil edh things, Greater Good being the only big ticket item I need.

References:
Wishes

COMPLETE
Package Sent: 5 Dec 14
Tracking Number: USPS: Lc706990790us
Package Received: 16 Dec 2014

Wishes:
Definitely in for this. I am looking for ANY of the below generals altered, this is for my cube, which I am currently foiling, but these ones can't be foiled as they are only in the precons! Also, any foil God for the cube or any so altered dragons are also very happily recieved. I collect them, so literally any. (If anyone has a spare Zodiac Dragon...)

Cube Generals: Thromok the Insatiable, Vish Kal, Blood Arbiter, Skullbriar, the Walking Grave, Nin, the Pain Artist, Prossh, Skyraider of Kher, Marath, Will of the Wild, Gahiji, Honored One, Roon of the Hidden Realm, Sydri, Galvanic Genius, Ruhan of the Fomori, Damia, Sage of Stone, Animar, Soul of Elements

References:
Wishes

COMPLETE
Package Sent: 3 Dec 14
Tracking Number: USPS LC320213073US
Package Received: 12 Dec 14

Wishes: I'm currently working on a Jaya Ballard, Task Mage deck. It's designed around cards that I can discard to her abilities and still get use out of. Anything that can go in a mono-Red deck and has/can do any of the following abilities would be appreciated: Madness (including the otherwise non-legal Blast from the Past), Flashback, Unearth, Hellbent, things that can return themselves (or other cards) from the Graveyard to hand/the battlefield (e.g. Hammer of Bogardan, Shard Phoenix, or Anarchist), and/or cards that loot (I.e. let you discard cards to draw others) or wheel (I.e. make you discard your hand and draw a bunch more cards). I already have a Jaya Ballard card, so there's no need to send me one (unless you can do me an awesome alter or it's a foil, in which case I'll be very happy to receive it). Anything with Jaya Ballard flavour text will, of course, be greatly appreciated, as will any and all alters.

References:
Wishes

COMPLETE
Package Sent: 11 Dec 14
Tracking Number: EG023561202CA
Package Received: 22 Dec 2014

Wishes: My next project is Anowon, the Ruin Sage STAX so any cool on theme vampire or related alter would be awesome! Really anything would be cool.

References:
Wishes

COMPLETE
Package Sent: 15 Dec 14
Tracking Number: USPS: 9500111135714349542652
Package Received: 20 Dec 2014

Wishes:
Dragons, Greater Good, or whatever. Find something that interests you personally, and make it into a gift. The only other thing I can think of is my King Macar deck uses tokens as lands. My intent is to someday alter them all so they look turned to gold.

References:
Wishes

COMPLETE
Package Sent: 9 Dec 14
Package Received: 22 Dec 2014

Wishes: I don't really have a want-list to speak of...but if you're looking to alter something: what would make me very happy are alters that remove the modern card frame. Even if you suck at altering (like me) but manage to turn it into something personal, that'd mean a lot for me. You can look at my decklists (Glissa, Gahiji and I'll post my Ramses Overdark list later) for inspiration, but some of my favorites are Reassembling Skeleton, Sakura-tribe Elder, Burnished Hart and Expedition Map.

Another thing that always makes me happy: token cards. Some of the tokens I use (see the lists I linked to) are hard to find, like those for Wurmcoil Engine or Dragon broodmother, or simply require a bazillion of them (like plant tokens for Avenger of Zendikar or elementals for Lightning Coils). Maybe you have these lying around, or you could try to make them.

References:
Wishes
Glissa Decklist
Gahiji Decklist

COMPLETE
Package Sent: 10 Nov 14
Tracking Number: USPS: 9114901230801304753777
Package Received: 14 Nov 2014

Wishes: I could use a few non-player-rewards Cryptic Commands... actual text-have is good. Or if someone wants to paint Trogdor, the Burninator on a Flameblast Dragon, then I could stop using the slip of paper in the sleeve in my Karrthus deck. Beyond that, something unique that I can show off.

References:
Wishes
Helldagriff Deck

COMPLETE
Package Sent: 31 Dec 2014
Tracking Number: JP: EG199723367JP
Package Received: 6 Jan 15

Wishes: My next EDH project is a Sydri, Galvanic Genius deck revolving around putting as many copies of Lux Cannon into play as humanly possible (yes, seriously). Therefore, I would be very pleased to see what someone interested in alters could do with Sydri herself. Failing that, foily or altered Lux Cannonry would be very welcome, or just anything that people think would be rather funny or effective in that sort of deck.

References:
Wishes
Sydri Decklist

COMPLETE
Package Sent: 27 Nov 2014
Tracking Number: RM:LB114798693GB
Package Received: 8 Dec 2014

Wishes: I am building a new cube and am looking for specific basic lands(like sixty of each), I don't care if they are foil or not but sharpie altered is nearly a must. But any card that forces interactions with players is also cool.

References:
Wishes

COMPLETE
Package Sent: 14 Nov 2014
Tracking Number: FedEx 803511919509
Package Received: 18 Nov 14

Wishes: Stuff I want - Morphs! I'm trying to build a mono-U Ixidor, deck and I don't have enough old-school morphs! Especially stuff like Master of the Veil, Weaver of Lies, Riptide Survivor, Aphetto Runecaster, and so on

References:
Wishes

COMPLETE
Package Sent:5 Dec 14
Tracking Number: USPS: 91149999442385316751
Package Received: 13 Dec 14

Wishes: Working on a Boros deck, I've got most of what I need from recent blocks, but ...
- How about Russian or altered-art RW/Boros cards
- Any Boros cards from the original Ravnica (altered or not - I have very little).
- Alters of Boros cards to have the Russian hammer and sickle instead of the Boros fist would be awesome.
- Moonring Mirror with the art altered to Ashling would be awesome.

Other than that, cards that are not in the correct color pie would be cool, as would foil un-cards.

References:
Wishes
Needs Boros Decklist URL

COMPLETE
Package Sent: 4 Dec 14
Tracking Number: PNL: RN814582767NL
Package Received: 10 Dec 14

Wishes:
I'm starting to play a lot of Vintage but I'm short on a lot of cards. If you draw me and want to help, the following is a good list to start from for things I'm looking to pick up:
Recent: Young Pyromancer, Pyroblasts, Delvers, Misteps, Flusterstorms, Grafdigger's Cage, Griselbrand, Cavern of Souls, Treasure Cruise, Dig Through Time

From the Commander 2014 product: Containment Priest, Dualcaster Mage

Older items: Null Rod, Uba Mask, Tolarian Academy, Goblin Welder, Lotus Petal, Tanglewire, Engineered Explosives, Burning Wish, Oath of Druids, Magus of the Moon, Blood Moon

I understand that there's a lot of money all over that list and there's really no reason anyone should want to pass any of this on so I'll understand if you can't help with this project. I definitely won't say no to any of the cheaper items, all donations accepted! Be as generous as you feel!

Other than that I'm big into Commander foils so anything staple-y or that could go into my decks (listed in my sig) I'll be very, very happy to receive pretty much anything, I'm not difficult !

Thank you & Merry Grixismas!!

References:
Wishes

Grixmas 2012 | Grixmas 2013 | Grixmas 2014 | Grixmas 2015 | Grixmas 2016 | Grixmas 2017 | Grixmas 2018

Last edited by St. Nic Bolas on 2015-Feb-07 7:18 am, edited 69 times in total.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2014-Oct-11 12:50 am 

3 Foil 10th Edition Russian Spark Elementals.

Or just random nonfoil edh things, Greater Good being the only big ticket item I need.

I am otherwise happy with a bunch of sharpied burnished harts.

Last edited by Joz on 2014-Oct-11 7:50 am, edited 1 time in total.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2014-Oct-11 1:30 am 

I am so in. I am building a new cube and am looking for specific basic lands(like sixty of each), I don't care if they are foil or not but sharpie altered is nearly a must.
ImageImage
ImageImage

But any card that forces interactions with players is also cool.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2014-Oct-11 3:30 am 

I'm in (will PM shortly).

Requests, you say? My next EDH project is a Sydri, Galvanic Genius deck revolving around putting as many copies of Lux Cannon into play as humanly possible (yes, seriously). Therefore, I would be very pleased to see what someone interested in alters could do with Sydri herself. Failing that, foily or altered Lux Cannonry would be very welcome, or just anything that people think would be rather funny or effective in that sort of deck.

Current decklist can be found here: http://deckstats.net/decks/9175/139665-g-tterd-mmerung

Daretti, Scrap Savant (Red Artefacts).
Prime Speaker Zegana (Simic Voltron).
Rubinia Soulsinger (Bant Polymorphs).
Kess, Dissident Mage (Grixis Treasure).
Sek'Kuar, Deathkeeper (Jund Apostles).
Tariel, Reckoner of Souls (Mardu Judo).

Last edited by Swmystery on 2014-Oct-11 11:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2014-Oct-11 6:00 am 

Definitely in for this. I am looking for ANY of the below generals altered, this is for my cube, which I am currently foiling, but these ones can't be foiled as they are only in the precons! Or any foil God, also for the cube :-)

Some of these are quite expensive though, so altered dragons are also very happily recieved. I collect them, so literally any. (If anyone has a spare Zodiac Dragon... :roll: :mrgreen: )

I didn't failed nothing

My EDH Cube

Last edited by maiden77 on 2014-Oct-14 2:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2014-Oct-11 7:49 am 

I had fun last year, and I would really like to participate again. I'm pretty simple--dragons, Greater Good, or whatever.

Find something that interests you personally, and make it into a gift. You can't make a mistake with whatever you send.

The only other thing I can think of is my King Macar deck uses tokens as lands. My intent is to someday alter them all so they look turned to gold.

I can't wait to get digging into what I'm sending. Too bad the Storm Crow thing didn't work out... :twisted:

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2014-Oct-11 4:55 pm 

In for sure! PM sent.

I think my next project is Anowon, the Ruin Sage semi-STAX. Anything vamp or on-theme related as an alter would be super-awesome! Anything would be great, looking forward to it.

No, I think he's right. I'm just all butt-hurt over prophet.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2014-Oct-11 5:47 pm 

Updated to here. Soliciting for feedback on the organization of information - do you all like the "single source of data" for each participant so far, rather than 1 wish spoiler (and a package tracking spoiler eventually)?

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2014-Oct-11 8:25 pm 

i think it all sounds awesome thus far

I didn't failed nothing

My EDH Cube

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2014-Oct-12 5:14 am 

The current organization looks great.

No, I think he's right. I'm just all butt-hurt over prophet.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2014-Oct-14 2:12 am 

In as always!

Dasteksteel Elephant wnated specifics:

Path to Exile (any amunt)
Swords to Plowwshares (any amount)
Qasali Pridemage (any amount)
Elesh Norn (Pricy so no worries if out of range)
Seedborn Muse (Black bordered preferred)
Hushwing Gryff
Aven Mindcensor
Rifstone PortalÉ (The land that grants GW ability to all lands while in graveyard)
That fat 15/15 worm that's GW or am I imagining that....there's Worlspine Wurm too.
Brushland (any black bordered preferred)
Angel of Dire Hour
Thalia, Guardian of Thraben

Basically taxing stuff, hate bears, ramp...

NOT CARRIER PIGEONS UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES. EVEN LESS ALTERED ONES. >:(

Xantcha, Sleeper Agent - cEDH discard/attrition.
Pre-Modern:
A Denying Wind.
Duel Commander:
Nissa, Vastwoord Seer - Ramp ramp ramp into Ugin+Painter's Servant.
Kari Zev, Skyship Raider - Unbridled Aggro

Find me Saturdays at the Wizard's Tower - Ottawa and occasional Mondays at Westboro Legion for Duel Commander.

Last edited by CrazyPierre on 2014-Nov-08 10:58 am, edited 4 times in total.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2014-Oct-14 2:38 am 

CrazyPierre wrote:
NOT CARRIER PIGEONS UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES. EVEN LESS ALTERED ONES. >:(

Are sure SURE? :twisted:

Just kidding.

Also, I think the current set-up of information is perfect. Also, how in the heck did I miss the donation spoiler before? I'm totally doing this. I need to look through and see what I have...the $1/pre-con limit is going to be the trick though. With my luck, a card I have completely no use for will end up being a magnitude greater in price (and doesn't go along with whatever I'm sending for Grixmas proper).

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2014-Oct-14 10:10 am 

Like I said before, definitely in for this.

I could use a few non-player-rewards Cryptic Commands... actual text-have is good. Or if someone wants to paint Trogdor, the Burninator on a Flameblast Dragon, then I could stop using the slip of paper in the sleeve in my Karrthus deck. Beyond that, something unique that I can show off. Bonus points if it fits in the Helldagriff deck.

"The President's job - and if someone sufficiently vain and stupid is picked he won't realize this - is not to wield power, but to draw attention away from it." -- Douglas Adams, The Hitchhiker's Guide tot he Galaxy Radio Transcripts predicting the future.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2014-Oct-14 11:25 am 

Yep in for this. I will be sending registered mail/tracking this time, since my package got lost last year :(

Also, whoever gets me as a victim needs to be ok with sending cards overseas - I live in New Zealand

Edit:
Stuff I want - Morphs! I'm trying to build a mono-U Ixidor, deck and I don't have enough old-school morphs! Especially stuff like Master of the Veil, Weaver of Lies, Riptide Survivor, Aphetto Runecaster, and so on :)

"- if this spell is played ten times in a given game then I suggest you warm up the tar and pluck some chickens" - tarnar

The internet's great at making noise, and poor at operating pants. There's gonna be half-dressed mobs screeching half-assed arguments for the rest of the 21st century - Kemev

Last edited by Viperion on 2014-Oct-17 12:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Offline Profile  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 302 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 21  Next