Login | Register

All times are UTC - 7 hours

It is currently 2019-Dec-09 5:08 am

Post subject: Who else doesn't care about Sylvan Primordial ban?
AgePosted: 2014-Feb-04 12:07 am 

It just wasn't strong enough for any of my decks (except Marath, but that's super casual). I could never believe the whining I heard about it; it's like everyone forgot about prime time. Sure, I'd play him most of the time if it was in my hand, but there was never a situation that called for tutoring it over something worthwhile. So, I guess the RC is encouraging everyone to make broken decks by banning all the kiddie cards.

Offline Profile  

Post subject: Re: Who else doesn't care about Sylvan Primordial ban?
AgePosted: 2014-Feb-04 12:14 am 

Cool story.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2014-Feb-04 12:42 am 

Epsilon wrote:
Cool story.

Thanks, but it was more of an observation.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2014-Feb-04 1:25 am 

I am on the fence with it. My issue with it isn't the fact it got banned I saw that happening...Just the timing. I was expecting it a couple years down the road after it had rotated out of standard and the packs its in had gotten harder to get making its price increase as its a card most green decks would use.

I am not hurt by the ban by any means it really just saved me a dollar as i would of had to buy it at some point if it had stayed legal lol.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2014-Feb-04 1:06 pm 

TeaLobster wrote:
It just wasn't strong enough for any of my decks (except Marath, but that's super casual). I could never believe the whining I heard about it; it's like everyone forgot about prime time. Sure, I'd play him most of the time if it was in my hand, but there was never a situation that called for tutoring it over something worthwhile. So, I guess the RC is encouraging everyone to make broken decks by banning all the kiddie cards.

most people don't play EDH like "Singleton Vintage with Training Wheels"

some people just want to drop big dudes and durdle all day

personally I wish we could just pick between vintage or casual, split everyone up and go our separate ways, mixing the two sucks big time, it's never fun.

We need a clear set of objective rules so that everybody always knows what to expect, and how to prepare for it. As of now, I think I spend more time arguing with players about the format than I do playing fun and interactive games of Commander. And last time I read, this was not the format's purpose.

QFT

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2014-Feb-04 1:45 pm 

Gath Immortal wrote:
TeaLobster wrote:

most people don't play EDH like "Singleton Vintage with Training Wheels"

some people just want to drop big dudes and durdle all day

personally I wish we could just pick between vintage or casual, split everyone up and go our separate ways, mixing the two sucks big time, it's never fun.

Agreed. Two separate banlists would be much easier than a weird combination banlist that misses key offenders from both casual and tryhard perspectives and promotes lame attitudes.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2014-Feb-04 1:51 pm 

TeaLobster wrote:
Agreed. Two separate banlists would be much easier than a weird combination banlist that misses key offenders from both casual and tryhard perspectives and promotes lame attitudes.
Even the most competitive formats with strict ban lists get bad attitudes towards the list and players. What you mean is "if we play by the vintage list everyone shut up when I crush you". Which, again, is fine but don't hide.

No, I think he's right. I'm just all butt-hurt over prophet.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2014-Feb-04 2:42 pm 

20/20 trolled me

Offline Profile