Login | Register

All times are UTC - 7 hours

It is currently 2019-Aug-24 11:22 pm

Post subject: Braids, Cabal Minion (AKA Black Braids)
AgePosted: 2009-Feb-19 8:11 pm 

I've seen Black Braids as a general twice now. It is extremely unfair in this format. It's almost always in play by turn 3, and unless you happen to have the answer already in hand, it's pretty much gg. Not to mention it's supported by discard and LD just to make sure you can't have the answer in hand. I don't know if it's been discussed before, but of all the generals I have played against, Braids has been the only one I felt was inherently unfair. I shouldn't be picking up my cards by turn 3 or 4.

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
AgePosted: 2009-Feb-19 9:21 pm 

try playing against a Fully powered combo deck.. when the entire game for you entails CIPT land go and then the games over you'll start to wish for Braids

BTW why are you scooping to braids it a black deck so unless they follow up with a token producer then just don't play lands till it smokestacks them out

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
AgePosted: 2009-Feb-24 9:09 am 

One guy had a Black Braids on turn 2 the other day... it was gg. At least it was fast and we could play a better EDH game after that. Pointless but at least it's brief.
As far as annoying strategies go, what bugs me is all the Time Stretch stupidities, or a guy being non-interactive for 15 mins real time. My fault for not having enough disruption I guess.

Offline Profile