Login | Register


All times are UTC - 7 hours


It is currently 2019-Oct-16 8:46 am




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 534 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28 ... 36  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Its Almost Grixis Season! - Gift Exchange
AgePosted: 2013-Jan-09 12:42 pm 
User avatar

Joined: 2012-Sep-16 3:17 am
Age: Elder Dragon
Ban Ki-moon wrote:
I haven't gotten my actual Grixmas gift yet, but I did receive my prize Saint Nic from the story contest! Tim also included a sweet X-Men Hurricane. Thanks, Tim!

Image


Glad you like em, I think a sexy Storm hurricane is what Green needs. I love that card in EDH, player always forget about it.

Viperion wrote:
FinalLogic wrote:
Got mine! Someone sent a stack of Legends-era crappy legendary creatures, all in foreign languages! Black border garbage! Awesome, thank you! :)

That would be me... but I can't tell if you like it or not... I tried to vary the selection a fair bit - you asked for old black-bordered legends that no one plays with :) Hope they're OK!


I think the 'crappy and garbage' are terms of endearment, it is explicitly what was asked and he did say 'Awesome and thank you'. So I'd say you did a good job.


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Its Almost Grixis Season! - Gift Exchange
AgePosted: 2013-Jan-09 12:57 pm 
User avatar

Joined: 2011-Feb-19 12:15 am
Age: Elder Dragon
Location: Sacramento, CA
Ban Ki-moon wrote:
I haven't gotten my actual Grixmas gift yet, but I did receive my prize Saint Nic from the story contest! Tim also included a sweet X-Men Hurricane. Thanks, Tim!

Image

Love the Storm Hurricane. Those thighs are delectable.

_________________
Current Decks:
Bruse Tarl / Kraum, Ludevic's Opus
Marchesa, the Black Rose
Mayael the Anima


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Its Almost Grixis Season! - Gift Exchange
AgePosted: 2013-Jan-09 3:19 pm 
User avatar

Joined: 2010-May-09 10:39 am
Age: Elder Dragon
Sheldon wrote:

I had Guided Passage in my Animar deck, and then realized it would be better served in Intet. Now I can I have both :) I was really happy that you gave some thought to the decks I have. The Sundial of the Infinite for Lord of Tresserhorn is tech that hadn't occurred to me, but now I can have a 10/4 for 4 mana with no drawbacks!


Try Sundial with Smokestack, I hear it's really, really, really good. >.>

_________________
Generals:
Jasmine Boreal - Flower power! Nature/Justice/Retribution themed casual fun.
Radha, Heir to Keld - All white-bordered!
Xantcha, Sleeper Agent - cEDH discard/attrition.
Pre-Modern:
A Denying Wind.
Duel Commander:
Nissa, Vastwoord Seer - Ramp ramp ramp into Ugin+Painter's Servant.
Kari Zev, Skyship Raider - Unbridled Aggro

Find me Saturdays at the Wizard's Tower - Ottawa and occasional Mondays at Westboro Legion for Duel Commander.


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Its Almost Grixis Season! - Gift Exchange
AgePosted: 2013-Jan-10 1:13 am 

Joined: 2010-Sep-08 9:21 pm
Age: Elder Dragon
Viperion wrote:
FinalLogic wrote:
Got mine! Someone sent a stack of Legends-era crappy legendary creatures, all in foreign languages! Black border garbage! Awesome, thank you! :)

That would be me... but I can't tell if you like it or not... I tried to vary the selection a fair bit - you asked for old black-bordered legends that no one plays with :) Hope they're OK!


Yes, good choices! I may actually try to use them in a deck. He taps for blue!

_________________
Current generals:

Thraxiumundar - Sacrifice Effects
Sachi, Daughter of Seshiro - Shaman Tribal Ramp
Darien, King of Kjeldor - Go Ahead and Attack
Talrand, Sky Summoner - Nothin' but Counters, Bounce & Draw


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Its Almost Grixis Season! - Gift Exchange
AgePosted: 2013-Jan-10 7:21 am 
User avatar

Joined: 2010-Jul-18 9:59 pm
Age: Elder Dragon
FinalLogic wrote:
Viperion wrote:
FinalLogic wrote:
Got mine! Someone sent a stack of Legends-era crappy legendary creatures, all in foreign languages! Black border garbage! Awesome, thank you! :)
That would be me... but I can't tell if you like it or not... I tried to vary the selection a fair bit - you asked for old black-bordered legends that no one plays with :) Hope they're OK!
Yes, good choices! I may actually try to use them in a deck. He taps for blue!
Phew, good :)

_________________
"Degenerate, unfun decks generally come from degenerate, unfun players in my experience." - Cthulus Thrall

"- if this spell is played ten times in a given game then I suggest you warm up the tar and pluck some chickens" - tarnar

The internet's great at making noise, and poor at operating pants. There's gonna be half-dressed mobs screeching half-assed arguments for the rest of the 21st century - Kemev


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Its Almost Grixis Season! - Gift Exchange
AgePosted: 2013-Jan-11 1:10 pm 
User avatar

Joined: 2010-Feb-23 5:12 am
Age: Drake
Hi everyone! Sorry about not posting, surprise vacations will do that to you. Anyway, my gift from Willbender:

Inside a D&D Encounters Box complete with die and crayon:
2 Toastkins
Ponder with happy snowmen stickers
Snow-Covered Plains with penguins
Snow-Covered Swamp with snowmen
Each Obelisk of Shards, including Obelisk of Alara, all foil and altered to look like Christmas trees (and one menorah)
One of the best 3-D cards I have ever seen-
Front is Teferi, Mage of Zhalfir
then Omen Machine
and finally a foil Jund Panorama as the background
A proxy for said Teferi
An Asian Knowledge Pool (for the Teferi lock?)
Game Day promo Treasure Mage (to find said Pool?)
A Russian Omen Machine
Crystal Ball with a (Winged?) Kuriboh sticker

Will post pictures later, because these are insane and I must share them. Thank you much, Willbender!

_________________
Ib Halfheart, Goblin Tactician
Riku of Two Reflections
Sisters of Stone Death


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Its Almost Grixis Season! - Gift Exchange
AgePosted: 2013-Jan-12 4:54 am 
User avatar

Joined: 2010-Aug-17 12:14 pm
Age: Elder Dragon
Location: Nashua/Salem, NH
What's the status on the signed lands?

_________________
Paper listed here (link)
Mayael the Anima
Kresh
Sharuum
Kazuul, Tyrant of the Cliffs
Garza Zol
Edric
Damia
Zedruu
Ashling the Pilgrim
Karona, False God
Grimgrin
Rhys the Redeemed
Kaervek
Wrexial
Bruna
Melek
Brigid
Stonebrow
Jor Kadeen
Mimeoplasm
Balthor
Yeva
Kira
Progenitus
Vish Kal
Animar
Kaalia
Ghave
Skullbriar


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Its Almost Grixis Season! - Gift Exchange
AgePosted: 2013-Jan-12 6:16 am 
User avatar

Joined: 2012-Sep-16 3:17 am
Age: Elder Dragon
shmebula wrote:
What's the status on the signed lands?


Dunno I just asked Ban and will get back to everyone as soon as I find out. They got sent off to Pappa_Funk and then they need to be send to Obsidiance and then back to Ban and then to me who then sends them to you. I told you it was a logistical nightmare.

I do (and I'm sure the RC does also) appreciates everyone's patience.


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Its Almost Grixis Season! - Gift Exchange
AgePosted: 2013-Jan-13 3:40 am 
EDH Rules Committee
User avatar

Joined: 2007-Jan-05 12:58 am
Age: Elder Dragon
It looks like due to the Christmas rush at the post office and RC vacation plans, we missed one of our connections. The cards will get signed and sent out eventually, but we hit an extra-long delay, unfortunately. By the end of it all, this might be closer to a Valentine's Day gift, but that just shows how much we love you guys.


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Its Almost Grixis Season! - Gift Exchange
AgePosted: 2013-Jan-13 3:42 am 
User avatar

Joined: 2012-Sep-16 3:17 am
Age: Elder Dragon
Ban Ki-moon wrote:
It looks like due to the Christmas rush at the post office and RC vacation plans, we missed one of our connections. The cards will get signed and sent out eventually, but we hit an extra-long delay, unfortunately. By the end of it all, this might be closer to a Valentine's Day gift, but that just shows how much we love you guys.


Um, I am not putting hearts and crap on them... nor am I sending out little candies that say 'will you be my valentine'.


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Its Almost Grixis Season! - Gift Exchange
AgePosted: 2013-Jan-13 2:13 pm 
User avatar

Joined: 2010-Jan-25 4:50 pm
Age: Elder Dragon
Tim Proctor wrote:
Um, I am not putting hearts and crap on them... nor am I sending out little candies that say 'will you be my valentine'.


...dam... :'/

_________________
Kuro, Pitlord (Life gain)
Derevi (Manlands)
Marchesa (Modular)
Retired:
Krenko, Mob Boss (Goblins)
Zedruu the Christmas Goat (group hug)
Ramses Overdark (Assassin Deck)


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Its Almost Grixis Season! - Gift Exchange
AgePosted: 2013-Jan-13 2:36 pm 

Joined: 2012-Mar-31 11:52 am
Age: Elder Dragon
Tim Proctor wrote:
Ban Ki-moon wrote:
It looks like due to the Christmas rush at the post office and RC vacation plans, we missed one of our connections. The cards will get signed and sent out eventually, but we hit an extra-long delay, unfortunately. By the end of it all, this might be closer to a Valentine's Day gift, but that just shows how much we love you guys.


Um, I am not putting hearts and crap on them... nor am I sending out little candies that say 'will you be my valentine'.

So can we send banned cards with little scratch n' sniff heart stickers to the RC that we'd LOVE to get unbanned?


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Its Almost Grixis Season! - Gift Exchange
AgePosted: 2013-Jan-14 3:02 am 
User avatar

Joined: 2012-Sep-16 3:17 am
Age: Elder Dragon
cryogen wrote:
Tim Proctor wrote:
Ban Ki-moon wrote:
It looks like due to the Christmas rush at the post office and RC vacation plans, we missed one of our connections. The cards will get signed and sent out eventually, but we hit an extra-long delay, unfortunately. By the end of it all, this might be closer to a Valentine's Day gift, but that just shows how much we love you guys.


Um, I am not putting hearts and crap on them... nor am I sending out little candies that say 'will you be my valentine'.

So can we send banned cards with little scratch n' sniff heart stickers to the RC that we'd LOVE to get unbanned?


Yes, yes you can.


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Its Almost Grixis Season! - Gift Exchange
AgePosted: 2013-Jan-14 4:29 am 
User avatar

Joined: 2011-Mar-15 12:45 am
Age: Elder Dragon
Personally, I think if Nicol Bolas wants you to be his valentine, you won't have much choice in the matter.

_________________
crokaycete wrote:
When casting Elephant Ambush, it is appropriate to yell "I was behind the tree, you stupid bastard" to announce the spell.


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Its Almost Grixis Season! - Gift Exchange
AgePosted: 2013-Jan-14 9:10 am 

Joined: 2011-Apr-28 9:58 pm
Age: Elder Dragon
Location: Damidhol, Tuhel
pookel wrote:
Personally, I think if Nicol Bolas wants you to be his valentine, you won't have much choice in the matter.


After I read that, Johhny Cash's "Ring of Fire" started playing in my head.

There is no Vaseline in this sand.

_________________
Former StarCityGames.com writer.

Most famous article: Breaking Phage

http://www.starcitygames.com/magic/misc ... Phage.html

Personal Favorite: pWN3D: Recollections of Spectacular Defeats in Multiplayer Magic

http://www.starcitygames.com/magic/mult ... Magic.html


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 534 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28 ... 36  Next

All times are UTC - 7 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 33 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to: