Login | Register


All times are UTC - 7 hours


It is currently 2019-Oct-16 9:58 am




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 534 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25 ... 36  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Its Almost Grixis Season! - Gift Exchange
AgePosted: 2012-Dec-24 2:46 pm 
User avatar

Joined: 2012-Sep-16 3:17 am
Age: Elder Dragon
cryogen wrote:
Joz wrote:
I'll be honest, I don't know what the spinal tap reference is..

The best rock n' roll spoof movie ever.


Spoof my ass, next you're gonna claim the Onion isn't real news, and the moon landing was a hoax. I guess on the intranetz people can say anything.


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Its Almost Grixis Season! - Gift Exchange
AgePosted: 2012-Dec-24 3:25 pm 
EDH Rules Committee
User avatar

Joined: 2007-Jan-05 12:58 am
Age: Elder Dragon
Glad you like them, Joz!

IGottaBigDeck wrote:
(I think he could have drawn the Spinal Tap thing out to eleven, but that's just nitpicking)

I think you owe BKM a case of beer, at least, and a good one -

Like this:

http://www.northcoastbrewing.com/beer-rasputin.htm

11 would have been... excessive. Though, a "none more black" Corrupt would have been the easiest work:gag ratio of all time. And, that is my favourite beer I've had, how did you know?? I haven't been able to find it since I was in Victoria last.

Joz wrote:
I'll be honest, I don't know what the spinal tap reference is..

You don't know what Spinal Tap is? Was it just by coincidence that all of the Spinal Tap cards were together in one picture? That's funny.

Here's a key for anyone who can't recognize my dumb doodles:
1 - 4. Pyrohemia, Flametongue Kavu, Mogg War Marshal, Grab the Reins: Spinal Tap band members
5. Stingscourger as Spinal Tap's drummer (At the beginning of your upkeep, if this came under your control since the beginning of your last upkeep, hire a new drummer.)
6. Anger as an ancient druid, featuring 18" Stonehenge
7. Trinket Mage building a Space Invader
8. Mario green mushroom Dawn Charm
9. Nyan Sphinx of Jwar Isle
10. Minecraft Mom
11. Stinkweed Imp as Ozian Flying Monkey
12. Pestilence guy tasting the leg lamp from A Christmas Story
13. Leon the Professional as Royal Assassin
14. Wario Ruinblaster
15. Archon of Justice as the Witch-king of Angmar
16. Desolate Lighthouse featuring Wilson the Volleyball
17. Llanowar Elves as Face McShooty the psycho from Borderlands 2
18. Rat Fink riding a Phyrexian Delver
19 - 23. random doodles
24. Crystal Ball drawn on top of Decree of Pain
25. The RC stealing anything fun from innocent EDH players everywhere while the tournament spikes look on and laugh, as depicted by Confiscate
26 - 28. Weatherlight blueprints drawn on the Urzatron
29. Blue Hurricane!
30. Expedition Map (here thar be treasure!)
31. Horobi, Death's Wail touring the desert, while B.F.M. hides behind a dune
32. Birds of Paradise selling some kind of sunny getaway
33. Ca$hbag Marauder
34. Mime Willbender
35. Blue Squall Line!
My favourite ones to do were 17, 18 and 26-28. And, of course, the Crystal Ball.


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Its Almost Grixis Season! - Gift Exchange
AgePosted: 2012-Dec-24 3:26 pm 

Joined: 2010-Sep-11 12:19 pm
Age: Elder Dragon
Ban Ki-moon wrote:
Glad you like them, Joz!

IGottaBigDeck wrote:
(I think he could have drawn the Spinal Tap thing out to eleven, but that's just nitpicking)

I think you owe BKM a case of beer, at least, and a good one -

Like this:

http://www.northcoastbrewing.com/beer-rasputin.htm

11 would have been... excessive. Though, a "none more black" Corrupt would have been the easiest work:gag ratio of all time. And, that is my favourite beer I've had, how did you know?? I haven't been able to find it since I was in Victoria last.

Joz wrote:
I'll be honest, I don't know what the spinal tap reference is..

You don't know what Spinal Tap is? Was it just by coincidence that all of the Spinal Tap cards were together in one picture? That's funny.

Here's a key for anyone who can't recognize my dumb doodles:
1 - 4. Pyrohemia, Flametongue Kavu, Mogg War Marshal, Grab the Reins: Spinal Tap band members
5. Stingscourger as Spinal Tap's drummer (At the beginning of your upkeep, if this came under your control since the beginning of your last upkeep, hire a new drummer.)
6. Anger as an ancient druid, featuring 18" Stonehenge
7. Trinket Mage building a Space Invader
8. Mario green mushroom Dawn Charm
9. Nyan Sphinx of Jwar Isle
10. Minecraft Mom
11. Stinkweed Imp as Ozian Flying Monkey
12. Pestilence guy tasting the leg lamp from A Christmas Story
13. Leon the Professional as Royal Assassin
14. Wario Ruinblaster
15. Archon of Justice as the Witch-king of Angmar
16. Desolate Lighthouse featuring Wilson the Volleyball
17. Llanowar Elves as Face McShooty the psycho from Borderlands 2
18. Rat Fink riding a Phyrexian Delver
19 - 23. random doodles
24. Crystal Ball drawn on top of Decree of Pain
25. The RC stealing anything fun from innocent EDH players everywhere while the tournament spikes look on and laugh, as depicted by Confiscate
26 - 28. Weatherlight blueprints drawn on the Urzatron
29. Blue Hurricane!
30. Expedition Map (here thar be treasure!)
31. Horobi, Death's Wail touring the desert, while B.F.M. hides behind a dune
32. Birds of Paradise selling some kind of sunny getaway
33. Ca$hbag Marauder
34. Mime Willbender
35. Blue Squall Line!
My favourite ones to do were 17, 18 and 26-28. And, of course, the Crystal Ball.


I put them together in the picture because I recognize they had contiguous sharpie lettering.


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Its Almost Grixis Season! - Gift Exchange
AgePosted: 2012-Dec-24 5:29 pm 

Joined: 2011-Apr-28 9:58 pm
Age: Elder Dragon
Location: Damidhol, Tuhel
Ban Ki-moon wrote:
I think you owe BKM a case of beer, at least, and a good one -

Like this:

http://www.northcoastbrewing.com/beer-rasputin.htm


that is my favourite beer I've had, how did you know?? I haven't been able to find it since I was in Victoria last.

[quote]

The North Coast Brewing Company resides in Fort Bragg, California.

I was born there, nearly 21 years to the day that the brewery came into existence...and my best friend's wife's father owns it.

Blondie was right: accidents never happen. And: Rasputin lives forever.

I took a 4-pack overseas to Russia when I went there in 2006. Made a lasting impression, I must say, as at least four windows in St. Petersburg sport some fairly epic candle holders today :)

p.s. Joz: rent Spinal Tap. You won't be disappointed. But if you don't have the money, just troll U-Tube as most of the salient sketches are there now.

_________________
Former StarCityGames.com writer.

Most famous article: Breaking Phage

http://www.starcitygames.com/magic/misc ... Phage.html

Personal Favorite: pWN3D: Recollections of Spectacular Defeats in Multiplayer Magic

http://www.starcitygames.com/magic/mult ... Magic.html


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Its Almost Grixis Season! - Gift Exchange
AgePosted: 2012-Dec-26 5:20 pm 
User avatar

Joined: 2012-Sep-19 1:30 pm
Age: Elder Dragon
I got my Grixmas present in the mail from Zimagic. In addition to a letter about the original banning of Island, he sent me:

Euro Lands
ImageImage

...gorgeous MPS lands (with beautiful art I've never seen before)
Image

...and, the uber-awesome, ultra-rare French-edition Arabian Islands!
Image
(When I saw this card posted a few weeks ago on the Altered Art thread, I was immediately envious of whoever was going to receive it. I had no idea it would actually be me!)

Thanks, Zimagic - I'll be giving these lands a good home!

_________________
Useful threads: Colorless CI landsGraveyard HateRoR's Greatest Hits
My Decks: Zombiepocalypse (Thraximundar) ♦ Thrun stands alone (voltron) ♦ Ashling the Burninator ♦ Doran beatdown (treefolk/plant tribal) ♦ Mine! (UB theft/clone) ♦ Vampire Beatdown (Edgar Markov) ♦ BW Enchantments (Daxos the Returned)


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Its Almost Grixis Season! - Gift Exchange
AgePosted: 2012-Dec-26 9:16 pm 

Joined: 2008-Aug-08 6:34 am
Age: Elder Dragon
Location: Rouen, France
Willbender wrote:
I got my Grixmas present in the mail from Zimagic. In addition to a letter about the original banning of Island, he sent me:

Euro Lands
ImageImage

...gorgeous MPS lands (with beautiful art I've never seen before)
Image

...and, the uber-awesome, ultra-rare French-edition Arabian Islands!
Image
(When I saw this card posted a few weeks ago on the Altered Art thread, I was immediately envious of whoever was going to receive it. I had no idea it would actually be me!)

Thanks, Zimagic - I'll be giving these lands a good home!


Yay! Finally!! I was worried it had got lost in the Grixmas mail overload and would only turn up in February.

Glad you like the stuff, sorry I couldn't swing the alt-automaton.

_________________
Current decks:
Sydri's random pile of cards with "Artifact" on them
Scarab God Zombie Horde
Sissay 5c Superfriends
Morophon Eldrazi (5C Devoid)
Grenzo's Goblins


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Its Almost Grixis Season! - Gift Exchange
AgePosted: 2012-Dec-27 1:39 am 
User avatar

Joined: 2009-Feb-11 7:00 pm
Age: Elder Dragon
Got my parcel in the post today from sheldon

All signed (will post later on once i have uploaded the pics)

arid mesa
plateau
dromar, the banisher
treva, the renewer
crosis, the purger
darigaaz, the igniter
rith, the awakener

thanks man i now have all ten of the dragons for my big hitters deck. This is way more than i could've hoped for

_________________


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Its Almost Grixis Season! - Gift Exchange
AgePosted: 2012-Dec-27 2:32 am 
User avatar

Joined: 2012-Jun-05 12:57 am
Age: Drake
Some ridiculously sweet lands going around!

And the set of signed dragons? Get outta here!

_________________
Sheldon Says: The secret of this format is not breaking it.

I've got a Commander blog: http://wordofcommander.blogspot.com/ and it includes my custom-foil generals and how to make them!

If you're into the finance side of things, look me up in the Casual Fridays column on the MTGPrice Blog.

Enjoy!


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Its Almost Grixis Season! - Gift Exchange
AgePosted: 2012-Dec-27 2:38 am 
EDH Rules Committee
User avatar

Joined: 2006-May-24 10:14 am
Age: Elder Dragon
Location: Tampa, FL, USA
thedarkheart wrote:
Got my parcel in the post today from sheldon

All signed (will post later on once i have uploaded the pics)

arid mesa
plateau
dromar, the banisher
treva, the renewer
crosis, the purger
darigaaz, the igniter
rith, the awakener

thanks man i now have all ten of the dragons for my big hitters deck. This is way more than i could've hoped for


Sorry I forgot to include the note, which read "You said you wanted something for your Jor Kadeen deck, and I couldn't think of anything better than a Plateau and a way to fetch it."

_________________
"Leave the gun. Take the cannolis."


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Its Almost Grixis Season! - Gift Exchange
AgePosted: 2012-Dec-27 10:20 am 
User avatar

Joined: 2012-Sep-16 3:17 am
Age: Elder Dragon
thedarkheart wrote:
Got my parcel in the post today from sheldon

All signed (will post later on once i have uploaded the pics)

arid mesa
plateau
dromar, the banisher
treva, the renewer
crosis, the purger
darigaaz, the igniter
rith, the awakener

thanks man i now have all ten of the dragons for my big hitters deck. This is way more than i could've hoped for


Hot damn, I wish I got paired with Uncle Moneybags there. If anyone feels like being really nice I need all the duals but a badlands and all the fetches but a verdant catacombs.


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Its Almost Grixis Season! - Gift Exchange
AgePosted: 2012-Dec-27 10:27 am 

Joined: 2010-Sep-11 12:19 pm
Age: Elder Dragon
Tim Proctor wrote:
thedarkheart wrote:
Got my parcel in the post today from sheldon

All signed (will post later on once i have uploaded the pics)

arid mesa
plateau
dromar, the banisher
treva, the renewer
crosis, the purger
darigaaz, the igniter
rith, the awakener

thanks man i now have all ten of the dragons for my big hitters deck. This is way more than i could've hoped for


Hot damn, I wish I got paired with Uncle Moneybags there. If anyone feels like being really nice I need all the duals but a badlands and all the fetches but a verdant catacombs.

join the club?

Im missing most...I've got a few duals...no fetches, one shock.


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Its Almost Grixis Season! - Gift Exchange
AgePosted: 2012-Dec-28 6:55 am 
User avatar

Joined: 2012-Sep-19 1:30 pm
Age: Elder Dragon
TheEvilCliff wrote:
Some ridiculously sweet lands going around!
Since the person who I sent to still hasn't posted about receiving them, I'll preview one of the sweet lands I sent!

Image

...hopefully my Grixmas recipient gets his package soon - I want to know what he thinks of his presents.

_________________
Useful threads: Colorless CI landsGraveyard HateRoR's Greatest Hits
My Decks: Zombiepocalypse (Thraximundar) ♦ Thrun stands alone (voltron) ♦ Ashling the Burninator ♦ Doran beatdown (treefolk/plant tribal) ♦ Mine! (UB theft/clone) ♦ Vampire Beatdown (Edgar Markov) ♦ BW Enchantments (Daxos the Returned)


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Its Almost Grixis Season! - Gift Exchange
AgePosted: 2012-Dec-28 9:06 am 
User avatar

Joined: 2009-Feb-11 7:00 pm
Age: Elder Dragon
As promised here are the lovely gifts i recieved grom the one and only Sheldon.

Image


Image


Pure lovely as you can see

_________________


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Its Almost Grixis Season! - Gift Exchange
AgePosted: 2012-Dec-29 4:02 pm 
User avatar

Joined: 2012-Sep-16 3:17 am
Age: Elder Dragon
All I have to say is, that is sucks to be you guys...

While you may bask in your delighted treasures of near-uberness, I hold one of the most broken Grixis cards evar (thanks to a misterQ)!!!

Image


Quote:
Suck it, Trebek


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Its Almost Grixis Season! - Gift Exchange
AgePosted: 2012-Dec-29 4:06 pm 

Joined: 2010-Sep-11 12:19 pm
Age: Elder Dragon
white border korean?

What...the flying magical ****?


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 534 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25 ... 36  Next

All times are UTC - 7 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 36 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to: