All times are UTC - 7 hours

It is currently 2019-Aug-18 10:15 pm

Post subject: Time Vault
AgePosted: 2008-Oct-30 9:02 pm 

It needs to go....do it soon, or I am afraid I am done. Thanks

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
AgePosted: 2008-Oct-31 6:27 am 

Tell anyone who you're playing edh against to take it out of their decks. Any tournament held prior to the new banlist being released will have it banned. Use logic when making these kinds of statements, please. It's not an EDH card, it will be banned, and you do not need to be upset at EDH for not releasing a new banlist immediately because as far as consensus opinion goes...as well as common sense...the card is not part of EDH.

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
AgePosted: 2008-Oct-31 8:35 am 

meh

magus of the unseen !

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
AgePosted: 2008-Nov-02 9:57 pm 

warble wrote:
Tell anyone who you're playing edh against to take it out of their decks. Any tournament held prior to the new banlist being released will have it banned. Use logic when making these kinds of statements, please. It's not an EDH card, it will be banned, and you do not need to be upset at EDH for not releasing a new banlist immediately because as far as consensus opinion goes...as well as common sense...the card is not part of EDH.

I'm confused. What do you mean"it's not an EDH card" and "the card is not a part of EDH"?

Ghost Council: Control |  Horde of Notions: 5C control  |  Lady Evangela: Clerics
Multani: Green Fat     |  Maralen: Control/Combo        |  Momir Vig: Toolbox
Jhoira: Big Suspends   |  Sisay: Legends                |  Vendilion Clique: Creatureless
Savra: Sacrifices      |  Uril: Auras!                  |  Child of Alara: "Nuclear Baby"
Reaper King: Big CMC   |  Raksha: Equips!

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
AgePosted: 2008-Nov-03 6:51 am 

I think he means there is nothing that makes this card more abusive in the edh play, than any other set of cards to be played.

In edh it's actually a bit weaker, so an entire table doesn't have an answer to this easily seeable combo piece ?

ok I win..

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
AgePosted: 2008-Nov-03 10:34 am 

No, I mean it's a close relative to Painter's Servant in the ability to play, untap it and "just win" during that turn(it is far more powerful than the servant). Take Voltaic Key as one example of a card that easily breaks Time Vault. The unfortunate ability to win against all opponents immediately after resolving time vault makes it "not an EDH card" because it's a cheap artifact that is playable in all decks and therefore would just pollute our format with a "has to be played infinite win condition for all decks" With variety and interactivity as our goal, Time Vault unfortunately has to go. Now, there are ways to play it without breaking it, and people who choose to may get a "free pass to play time vault" from their playgroup, but as far as consensus opinion goes it is far too powerful for the casting cost to be allowed in EDH. This has also been discussed on several other threads, I believe. The only reason there's no emergency ban is we don't want to get in the habit of "emergency banning" every time a rules change mucks up the format a little. EDH is casual, and the rules updates should be allowed to be casual as well...isn't that the spirit of the format? But...as a casual observer...it should be easy to pinpoint cards that will be banned in the future so hold off everyone buying a time vault for their edh decks.

Offline Profile