Login | Register

All times are UTC - 7 hours

It is currently 2019-Sep-23 6:02 am

Post subject: Bad Dreams Come True (Intet The Dreamer)
AgePosted: 2011-Aug-05 10:05 pm 

I heard about EDH from a friend about a year and 3 months ago. He figured I'd like it, as I had built a regular highlander deck for kicks, and I did like it. While trying to think of an interesting general, I saw a bottle of green Nyquil, and wondered what other colors Nyquil came in. Well, Red, Green and Blue. Are there any legends in those colors, I wondered?

Only one at the time, and ironically enough, he was Intet The Dreamer. The Nightime, Sniffling, Sneezing, Coughing, Aching, Stuffyhead, Fever, So-You-Can-Rest General. He was my first and is still my favorite, He's gone through a lot of changes (I originally tried to play every card that met the three colors, including the Ceta cards and Research and Development), and while he's evolved into a fairly bog standard Intet deck, but I am curious to hear what people think. With 100 cards, there is always room for variation.

Sorry for the big ugly list; I'd intended to have the whole thing behind a spoiler tag and then the thoughts for the cards behind other spoiler tags, but it won't let me nest them like that, and I already wrote up the rationales, so here it is anyway.

General
Intet, the Dreamer

Top of Library Fun
Sensei's Divining Top
Crystal Ball
Scroll Rack
Three simple artifacts to get stuff to the top of my library. Crystal Ball is most useful in dire situations, since it is the only one that can actually dig deep without help. Scroll Rack gets better with more cards in hands, or with shuffle effects. Sensei's is a new addition (I only just got one) but I know it is a good fit.

Long-Term Plans
Worldly Tutor
Mystical Tutor
Reclaim
Noxious Revival
Top of library tutors are great with Intet. Long-Term Plans is janky and wonderful, and doesn't reveal. You'd be surprised at how hard it is for someone to prevent you from getting it. And the two Reclaim effects are great and cheap.

Free Stuff
Djinn of Wishes
Galvanoth
Temporal Aperture
The two creatures help fill in if Intet is unavailable. Galvanoth is surprisingly annoying to my opponents. Djinn gets expensive, but is good, especially late game. The aperture isn't controllable, but free cards are free cards. Just gotta remember to use it before playing a land.

Bribery
Acquire
Knowledge Exploitation
These probably don't need to be explained. Acquire is a good way to punish people for playing Blightsteels, and Knowledge Exploitation is an awesome way to take powerful cards out of their decks, by say, playing their own KE from their deck, then playing their Bribery or Tooth and Nail. This has yet to backfire on me.

Tooth and Nail
Time Stretch
Relentless Assault
Free creatures, turns, and combat phases. What's not to love? The Relentless Assault has been surprisingly useful, but it is a new addition.

Time Spiral
I've been playing long enough to understand how insane this card is. Still, I'm hesitant; it seems to symmetrical in EDH, even if I abuse some Ravnica bouncelands.

Mana
Primeval Titan
There is no need to explain. He's nuts.

Cultivate
Explosive Vegetation
Kodama's Reach
Farseek
I changed the mana ramp spells so that they all grabbed 2 lands, except Farseek, which I kept because it can grab Ravnica duals. I think that helped make the mana more consistent while taking up fewer spots.

Garruk Wildspeaker
The only planeswalker in here, and I basically just use him to ramp.

Sol Ring
Izzet Signet
Gruul Signet
Simic Signet
Not much to see here. People seem to debate signets versus other mana sources, but at least this way I don't have to think about what to put in.

Spot Removal/Tuck

Hinder
Spin into Myth
Standard blue tuck loadout. Nothing to see here.

Proteus Staff
This has been in the deck since almost the beginning, and I'm thinking of cutting it. I sometimes tuck my own creatures to play the lottery, but my favorite play is borrowing someone's creature, tucking it, and getting one of my creatures for free. That usually makes it worth it for me, but that may be unwise.

Acidic Slime
You'd be surprised how often I have to Tooth and Nail for this guy.

Krosan Grip
I really like split second for shutting off stupid tricks, so there's no real choice in the matter as far as Naturalize effects.

Beast Within
Pongify
Chaos Warp
Three weird spot removal spells that could backfire, but in EDH, 3/3 creatures aren't too threatening, and they are just as likely to hit a land or a sorcery than they are to get a beater. And they are all instants, which I love.

Winged Coatl
Snakeform
Have I mentioned that spot removal in RGU is weird? Snakeform at least has the decency to cantrip. Winged Coatl basically a GU Terror for attacking creatures.

Sweepers
Evacuation
Obliterate
Chain Reaction
Boy, if you thought the spot removal was weird, RGU don't get much that I can easily utilize. Note: I won't play Hurricane or Earthquake or any X spells because I kept hitting them with Intet, so I want things to come off the top to always work. Evacuation is good, and Chain Reaction is serviceable. I wish I had a better option than Obliterate, because I don't want to blow up people's lands if I don't have to. It's no fun.

Beaters
Darksteel Colossus
No, I will not replace him with Blightsteel. I have one in my Skithiryx deck and that is it.

Multani, Maro-Sorcerer
This guy is pretty scary when there are still 4 players, but he hasn't shown up enough for me to make a judgement call on him.

Simic Sky Swallower
This guy seems to end up being more problematic for others than Multani, but flying and trample will do that, I guess.

Spearbreaker Behemoth
Protects the general, and is a pretty good sized beater. If nothing else, he can block with the best of them.

Stormtide Leviathan
This guy has saved me so many times, it's not even funny. Remember Tidal Kraken? I've got 2 more pOwer and toughness, and I'm an Island Sanctuary that you don't have to skip draws for. I really like this guy.

Keiga, the Tide Star
Ryusei, the Falling Star
Sorry, Jugan. You don't make the cut. Also, I don't own one of you. Keiga is an obvious choice, and Ryusei joined up as I slowly lost all my non-flying creatures that I would ever care about dying.

Card Draw
Guided Passage
Tidings
Harmonize
Three to one is always fun. Guided Passage is really just for the laughs, but it is 3 mana for 3 cards, so it's never negative card advantage (unless they are playing Void, which I found out the hard way against a Tsabo Tavoc deck.

Overwhelming Intellect
Another new card. I've only had the chance to use it once, and I was countering my own creature to draw 6 cards in a hail mary to get myself out of trouble. Not a good sign.

More Is More
Phyrexian Metamorph
Rite of Replication
Very versatile cards. The metamorph is rarely going to be a dead draw, and can kill a general for 3 mana. Of course, Rite can be a huge game changer.

Wild Ricochet
Riku of Two Reflections
Two new additions. Have yet to come up.

Grab
Dominus of Fealty
Very handy and versatile. Usually gets blown up, but if they kill it, they aren't killing Intet.

Grab the Reins
Word of Seizing
I am becoming less and less sold on these as I go along. Grab the Reins is nice because it can kill indestructible things and easily 2-to-1 if you throw one creature at another. Word is useful because of split second and because it grabs permanents instead of just creatures, and that makes it versatile. Still, unless I have an outlet, I have to give it back, and it's not really helping me much.

Defensive Equipment

Lightning Greaves
Darksteel Plate
Not much to say here. They're useful. Everything is better with shroud/haste/indestructible.

Other
Time Stop
Versatile as all heck. Gets rid of Eldrazi and Blightsteels on the stack for good. Can act as an out-of-turn Time Warp if nothing else.

Eternal Witness
She is awesome. That is all.

Lands
Command Tower
Exotic Orchard
Rupture Spire
Tendo Ice Bridge
Vivid Crag
Vivid Creek
Vivid Grove
Steam Vents
Stomping Ground
Breeding Pool
Karplusan Forest
Shivan Reef
Yavimaya Coast
Gruul Turf
Izzet Boilerworks
Simic Growth Chamber
Fire-Lit Thicket
Flooded Grove
Cascade Bluffs
Copperline Gorge
Rootbound Crag
Vesuva
Evolving Wilds
Terramorphic Expanse
Island X5
Forest X4
Mountain X3

There are plenty of cards I am considering adding (I'm a big fan of Aftershock and Take Possession), but I want to hear what you guys think.

Offline Profile  

Post subject: Re: Bad Dreams Come True (Intet The Dreamer)
AgePosted: 2011-Aug-06 2:31 pm 

If you're looking for more cards to fix the top card of your deck, Sylvan Library is especially good, and Mirri's Guile or Soothsaying are definitely serviceable.

There are also better double attack step cards. World at War, and Savage Beating get my vote as the most powerful, but I don't think anything less than those really cut the mustard here. I think you are far better off loading your deck with more cards like Time Warp, which are far more powerful, and often comparable in mana cost.

Otherwise, I think it looks good. It's very similar to a pile of cards I have near my desk.

Follow me on Twitter: @generalspeak

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2011-Aug-07 11:37 am 

Jace, The Mind Sculptor is another top of library fun card that is also an alternate winning condition :)

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2011-Aug-11 8:23 pm 

Thanks for the replies. Those are all cards I've considered, but I lack. Also, for some (possibly stupid) reason, I feel Soothsaying would get me the most mileage. They are all very unlikely to get blown up, intentionally or as part of a sweeper, they are cheap as heck, and while Sylvan Library scales well in EDH with the large life total, Soothsaying scales with the ridiculous mana, but doesn't help if I draw something I want on top, and doesn't get me cards when I'm in trouble. I should probably just bite the bullet and get one, since the more I think about it, the more ridiculous it is.

Also, all the other red doubling cards are in my Eron the Relentless deck. :twisted: Still, you are probably correct that should just be a Time Warp which is almost strictly better considering I have access to blue. But there's so little red in the deck already...

In the case of JtMS, I lack one due to an unwillingness to part company with sufficient dead presidents. (grumble grumble got banned and is still over 50 bucks grumble)

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2011-Sep-10 12:14 pm 

Relentless Assault OUT
Overwhelming Intellect OUT
Proteus Staff OUT

Aftershock IN
Sylvan Library IN
Winding Canyons IN

I have gone on record about Aftershock, so I'm putting my money where my mouth is. I also finally got a Sylvan Library, which was the main reason why it wasn't in there. Winding Canyons is something I've always been thinking about, so we'll see how it works. The three cards I pulled were all just strange choices or proven slightly weak.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2011-Oct-15 12:58 pm 

Updates for Innistrad:

Gruul Signet / Simic Signet / Izzet Signet OUT
Worn Powerstone In

I have so many rainbow lands in this deck, that I almost never have trouble mana fixing. And the signets aren't as good as other cards would be, so I want to reduce the number of mana artifacts by a bit, and make them more effective. Also, I finally have one of these darn things.

Tendo Ice Bridge OUT
Island OUT

Sulfur Falls IN
Hinterland Harbor IN

I was so excited when I saw these. I don't know why, but solid mana help always makes me happy. I'm cutting Tendo not because I dislike it, but because I don't want to go too low on basics if at all possible. I debated taking out the basic sac lands (Terramorphic, Evolving) but I'm keeping them for now. I don't really want to spend the money on the better sac lands.

Copperline Gorge OUT
Temple of the False God IN

I hate Copperline Gorge and its ilk. I know it's probably more balanced than the lands above, but I don't want balanced. It's serviceable outside of EDH, but this land is going to be a Shivan Oasis 90% of the time. There's a reason I'm not playing one of those; I'd rather have a basic land. The reason for adding Temple of the False God is because with Primeval Titan, I can now grab it and one of the Ravnica bouncelands, and that will put me at 10 mana next turn when I replay the bounced land to Time Stretch. I managed to do this, but only by grabbing Vesuva to copy my opponent's Temple. Yes, there is a small chance it will backfire, but that's what mulligans are for.

Multani, Maro-Sorcerer OUT
Moldgraf Monstrosity IN

Multani's been on the cusp of being cut ever since he was put in. I think he replaced Plated Slagwurm when I made the deck less about enhancing attackers, since Hexproof (I still prefer 'super shroud') wasn't crucial anymore. This guy is Plated Slagwurm with trample and a boss ability when they do inevitably kill him. I have high hopes for him.

Chain Reaction OUT
Blasphemous Act IN

Now THIS is a red wrath. This card was the one I was third most excited about, after the two new enemy color multilands.

Obliterate OUT
Radiate IN

Yes, Obliterate is better, but it is no fun. I actually intentionally lost a game instead of casting it, because I didn't see the point. Radiate is much more fun, is an instant, and will certainly surprise people when they are suddenly casting Path to Exile on every creature on the board. Mark my words; this is an instant speed red wrath.

Bramblecrush IN

This is super Creeping Mold in EDH. "But it doesn't blow up artifact creatures." The only artifact-creatures you were likely to want to blow up with Creeping Mold are indestructible anyway, with the possible exception of Sharuum the Hegemon. I always have trouble with planeswalkers and will gladly run this card just for them.

Mystic Speculation IN

I'm afraid that I might be overdoing the top-of-library stuff, but this one is nice because you can go digging deep for answers. You have no idea how often I've sat there with a Scroll Rack, wishing it was anything else. At the same point, Scroll Rack is super efficient if you can shuffle, so I'm not cutting it yet..

Last edited by Magnetic North on 2011-Nov-25 10:48 am, edited 1 time in total.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2011-Oct-15 8:30 pm 

If you want good sweepers for your deck here are a few that I use in my own Intet deck (since Obliterate is distasteful to me as well):

- Disaster Radius: good if you have a few high CMC creatures; it's been incredibly useful as an asymmetrical wrath effect
- All is Dust: another MVP in my Intet deck
- Wash Out: remember it does not only bounce creatures but all types of permanents
- Ixidron: very powerful as far as I'm concerned. Some decks will have a hard time recovering their general once it's been turned face-down.

Also, as far as spot removal is concerned, I'd replace Beast Within and Pongify with creatures such as Terastodon and Woodfall Primus. They are expensive but awesome to flip with Intet.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2011-Oct-15 9:57 pm 

Thanks for the suggestions. Seems Intet is very popular. I'll have to buy up all the copies and corner the market...somehow. :twisted:

I should get my mitts on at least one of those two big green guys, but I don't think I'd replace the spot removal with them just yet, but rather some of the possibly excessive top of library. I'll probably decide on that after playing the new iteration a few times. Okay, I admit, I may slot in the Woodfall Primus for the Bramblecrush. Also, it seems those guys are in every green EDH deck, so I'm always resistant to the overused. (Bribery and its friends get a pass because I need them to punish players who use Blightsteels in non-Skithiryx decks.)

I am hesitant to use All Is Dust only based on the fun factor. Whenever I resolved Akroma's Vengeance (which is the most similar thing I've ever used), it always got groans. Then again, it doesn't destroy people's lands or mana rocks, so it might go over better. I suppose that is a possibility, depending on just how many sweepers I really want to play. (Hint: The good ones, at least.)

I agree with you on the power of Ixidron, but it's kinda barfy to me. If I'm significantly disadvantaged enough to use it, they'll still be hitting me for some damage (giving someone 1 3/3 isn't a big deal, but if they have X 2/2s, it has the possibility to be a big deal), and they won't bother holding back because they want to get their creatures blocked and killed so they can get them into the graveyard/command zone to get them back. And Ixidron doesn't evade or trample or anything, so he's never getting through for anything significant, since they can just hold back one guy, probably their face down general who they want back. Also, since they get 2/2s, but he only gets +1/+1 per face down guy, then he's just going to get killed in combat unless no player controls more than 50% of the creatures. Overall, it seems that he would slow the tide, but not stop it. I could try and play Pyroclasm or something to support it, but that kind of misses the point.

Maybe I'm off base when I say this, but I'd rather just have a Time Warp for the same cost, since that's also useful when I have good board position, not just when I'm behind. Still, that is some good outside the box thinking.

I don't think Disaster Radius fits the deck right now. I love that it's asymmetrical, but there are only 17 creatures in the deck as of right now. (Which itself might a bit of a problem.) I can't reliably have that. Maybe if I get 5 more big creatures in there, I'll thereby have enough to make it both more likely to play nice, and more likely that I will have big guys that I can't afford to sweep away.

Normally I'd say I don't like Wash Out for the same reason I don't like Dromar, the Banisher (despite him being my three favorite magic colors); he bounces himself. As a 3 color deck, I'd only be missed against the off Selenia, Dark Angel deck, and I really hate symmetry in this format, if I can avoid it. Then again, now that I say that, this deck doesn't have a lot of colored permanents in it that are crucial to keep in play. 15 creatures (if you don't count Phyrexian Metamorph, which I am not, since it doesn't remain blue when in play) and Garruk Wildspeaker. The same reasons I don't want to use Disaster Radius might be reason enough to utilize Wash Out.

I might have been grossly underestimating the value of Wash Out. Thank you very much for that suggestion.

Also, one thing I was thinking of adding: Thada Adel, Acquisitor. Could be a fun way to steal people's Sol Rings, or just exile their Blightsteels. Anyone have any thoughts on her? Maybe I just have a vastly irrational love of stealing people's crap from within their libraries. I was seriously considering putting in Denying Wind into the deck. (I still might one day.)

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2011-Nov-25 10:52 am 

Very boring update:

Island OUT
Reflecting Pool IN

I want to add Terastodon, Wash Out, and maybe Thada Adel, Acquisitor and Decimate but I don't know what to remove for them (I also got an Indrik Stomphowler, but I think I like Krosan Grip better). So I figured maybe I'd ask to see what you guys think are the weak links. My currently thoughts for the chopping block are:

Riku (sometimes I would rather have something which does something on its own)
Wild Ricochet (I've never been able to play it :( )
Time Spiral (I still hate how symmetrical this is in EDH, but it's so powerful...)
Farseek: I like it because it gets me Ravnica Duels, but it doesn't 2-for-1 and that is the standard I try to keep to.
One of the Top of Library Manipulators (Sensei's Diviving Top, Mystic Speculation, Crystal Ball, Sylvan Library, Scroll Rack) and Tutors (Mystical Tutor, Worldly Tutor, Reclaim, Noxious Revival, Long Term Plans) perhaps devoting 1/6th of the deck's payload to manipulation is a bit much. (It's more if you count card draw like Tidings, Harmonize and Guided Passage.)

So, what do you suggest?

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2011-Nov-25 9:00 pm 

Do a lot of people play Top in your group? Because Krosan Grip kills top.

I would probably cut Lorescale Coatl. It's cute but not sure it's that great. I would imagine you'd be better off with Decimate over him.

I would play Thada Adel over Obliterate just because Obliterate is kinda annoying an hour in/ people hate it. Also you don't have anyway to really benefit from it (indestructible dudes etc). Maybe you want to replace it with a sweeper than doesn't kill everyone's land.

I would cut Simic Sky Swallower for Terrastodon or Woodfall Primus. A dumb beat with Shroud is kinda meh compared to blowing stuff up and a body.

Also you may want to cut Harmonize for Greater Good. A sac outlet that leads to massive CA from your fatties is awesome. Plus you also have some steal so you can sac your opponents dudes too!

Also I've found Scroll Rack disappointing when its in a deck with Top and Ball. Sucky because they're a $10 card that's sitting in my binder. Have you considered Soothsaying?

Last, since you know whats on top of your library, maybe you want to play Call of the Wild for instant speed fat from the top of your libary!

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2011-Nov-25 10:20 pm 

I like the deck.

I think you could take a look at a bit of graveyard hate.

I played alot more "off the top" cards , future sight ,Mul Daya Channelers, magus of the future. etc
Also you've got a fairly good permanent count so you could Mind's Desire :)

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2011-Nov-26 12:28 pm 

Thanks for the responses.

Wayne Viktorius wrote:
Do a lot of people play Top in your group? Because Krosan Grip kills top.

Well, enough people play top. It cuts down on stupid response shenanigans, Sensei's Divining Top and Umezawa's Jitte being the two worst offenders, but it does do other neat stuff. It also is nice and (mostly) uncounterable, which sometimes matters.

Wayne Viktorius wrote:
I would probably cut Lorescale Coatl. It's cute but not sure it's that great. I would imagine you'd be better off with Decimate over him.

It's Winged Coatl, actually, but from the context of your sentence, it seems you knew that. I like it because it's a non-red Terror for attacking creatures, because in the past I have some serious trouble killing protection from red creatures. Then again, Decimate would be a lot more oomph, but I've occasionally had to sit on it because there were no enchantments to target. You are probably correct about that being a little weak.

Wayne Viktorius wrote:
I would play Thada Adel over Obliterate just because Obliterate is kinda annoying an hour in/ people hate it. Also you don't have anyway to really benefit from it (indestructible dudes etc). Maybe you want to replace it with a sweeper than doesn't kill everyone's land.

Obliterate was cut a little while ago; I just was waiting to update the main listing for after I made these last changes. Sorry for the confusion.

Wayne Viktorius wrote:
I would cut Simic Sky Swallower for Terrastodon or Woodfall Primus. A dumb beat with Shroud is kinda meh compared to blowing stuff up and a body.

I hadn't thought of him being somewhat weak, but yeah, he kinda is, and he keeps getting grabbed by my opponent's Mimeoplasm, which makes everything so much harder to deal with.

Wayne Viktorius wrote:
Also you may want to cut Harmonize for Greater Good. A sac outlet that leads to massive CA from your fatties is awesome. Plus you also have some steal so you can sac your opponents dudes too!

I'd probably cut Tidings first since the deck is slightly more green than blue (I think), but you are certainly right about Greater Good, especially with all the grab I have. This is something I will put on the agenda.

Wayne Viktorius wrote:
Also I've found Scroll Rack disappointing when its in a deck with Top and Ball. Sucky because they're a $10 card that's sitting in my binder. Have you considered Soothsaying?

I have. I could have swore I had them, but it seems I don't.

Wayne Viktorius wrote:
Last, since you know whats on top of your library, maybe you want to play Call of the Wild for instant speed fat from the top of your libary!

I had forgotten about this card, and was looking at a copy of this card yesterday while sifting through my bud's stuff. Boy howdy, I am dumb. :facepalm: This could be a nice hit, but I am not sure there are enough creatures to justify it. Then again, more will probably be coming, and 4 mana is nothing to sneeze at.

odit wrote:
I like the deck.

Thank you.

odit wrote:
I think you could take a look at a bit of graveyard hate.

This is true. I need to be able to shut down other people's graveyard shenanigans since I don't have too much of it for myself. I'll shuffle through my artifacts and hopefully find something worthwhile.

odit wrote:
I played alot more "off the top" cards , future sight ,Mul Daya Channelers, magus of the future. etc
Also you've got a fairly good permanent count so you could Mind's Desire :)

I don't like off-the-top cards that reveal to everyone, since I want to keep people guessing. They are good but I don't like them enough to go out and pay money for them. I also don't think I play enough spells in a turn to make Mind's Desire worth it. In that place, I'd rather just have Time Warp a lot of the time. Maybe that is ignorant of me, though.

Well, thanks for the input. I will mess about for a bit and get back to you. Any other input anyone would like to leave is greatly appreciated.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2011-Nov-28 12:30 am 

Hi,

just to address some of the points mentioned in this deck:

Soothsaying - I have found it underwhelming. It is only good in the super late game where you actually might have the mana to fiddle with it.
Obliterate - have you tried replacing this with one of the colorless sweepers since you hate blowing the lands up? Oblivion Stone should not be hard to pick up after it came out in Commander decks. Other alternatives: All is Dust, Nevinyrral's Disk. Also, Kederekt Leviathan has been SUPERB for me... I also use Crater Hellion (also fun with Vigor) for creatures.
Skyshroud Claim - I don't see this ramp spell anywhere in your list, despite you running the ravnica duals. I believe it should be in.
Graveyard hate is not that necessary in this kind (manaramp) of deck in my experience, as it can go toe to toe with reanimation strategies, often keep them busy enough so that they don't have space to get their recursion engines going.
Call of the Wild will be hard to get milleage from in your deck. You really don't run that many creatures.
Scroll Rack is awesome in my opinion. Given my current version of Intet deck, it would be the very last library manipulation tool to cut.

Currently I am testing Omen Machine... which means I cut almost everything that says "draw a card" from my list... not sure I like the change yet, because I absolutely love drawing cards, but it is an interesting direction to take with the list. People usually just blow up the machine right away :( .

Intet, the Dreamer RUG Manaramp a.k.a. the Lucid Dreamer

Tariel, Reckoner of Souls RWB Sneaky Blinks a.k.a. oops, I accidentally put an infinite combo in my deck.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2011-Nov-28 11:20 am 

Lurking Predators seems like a great option here. You're already messing about with the top of your library, and it's another way to get free stuff when Intet can't get through for damage. Plus, sometimes, it just makes people stop playing spells until someone draws an answer. It's like an uber-Standstill. I realize you are really low on creatures at the moment, but you seem to have enough tutor/manipulation to make it work fairly reliably.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2011-Nov-29 4:00 pm 

Thanks for all the suggestions.

Hamjam wrote:
Soothsaying - I have found it underwhelming. It is only good in the super late game where you actually might have the mana to fiddle with it.

That is my impression of it, though I haven't played it. However, I did manage to find one random foil Soothsaying in my collection. I knew I had one. So I might test it anyway.
Hamjam wrote:
Obliterate - have you tried replacing this with one of the colorless sweepers since you hate blowing the lands up? Oblivion Stone should not be hard to pick up after it came out in Commander decks. Other alternatives: All Is Dust, Nevinyrral's Disk. Also, Kederekt Leviathan has been SUPERB for me... I also use Crater Hellion (also fun with Vigor) for creatures.

I might consider Kederekt Leviathan, but I like that Evacuation is an instant. Still, casting him and then the general could be sweet as heck. My Crater Hellion is in another deck, but maybe it should come out. My fisks are also in other decks that need the help a bit more, but maybe I should take one out to put in there. I don't own an Oblivion Stone or an All Is Dust.
Hamjam wrote:
Skyshroud Claim - I don't see this ramp spell anywhere in your list, despite you running the ravnica duals. I believe it should be in.

Really, I dunno. I have Explosive Vegetation there instead, which grabs basics. My Fear is that I will need another of a certain color, but that I will end up with the Ravnica duels already in play, and I'll be unable to get the one I need.

However, how that I think of it, this will only matter for anything with 3 mana of the same color in its cost. So: Dominus of Fealty (which only matters if I need to get Steam Vents exactly), Moldgraf Monstrosity (which is green anyway so regular Forests will do), and Stormtide Leviathan (which is only a problem if I need Breeding Pool exactly). So maybe this fear is irrational. And the number of basics to grab are rapidly decreasing. I dunno. I'll have to consider it.
Hamjam wrote:
Graveyard hate is not that necessary in this kind (manaramp) of deck in my experience, as it can go toe to toe with reanimation strategies, often keep them busy enough so that they don't have space to get their recursion engines going.

The bootprint on my behind where a 17/17 mimeoplasm kicked me says different. :(
Hamjam wrote:
Call of the Wild will be hard to get milleage from in your deck. You really don't run that many creatures.

True. The question is, I suppose, whether to run more or not. I tend to always be light on threats, but usually with enough answers, but not always.
Hamjam wrote:
Scroll Rack is awesome in my opinion. Given my current version of Intet deck, it would be the very last library manipulation tool to cut.

AGreed. I really can't fathom cutting it first... it's so much better in the short term, it's not even funny... but it can fade out real quick.
Hamjam wrote:
Currently I am testing Omen Machine... which means I cut almost everything that says "draw a card" from my list... not sure I like the change yet, because I absolutely love drawing cards, but it is an interesting direction to take with the list. People usually just blow up the machine right away :( .

Yeah, no Omen Machine for me. It's symmetrical and draws hate. It's not what I want to do, despite being very, VERY awesome.

thaumaturge wrote:
Lurking Predators seems like a great option here. You're already messing about with the top of your library, and it's another way to get free stuff when Intet can't get through for damage. Plus, sometimes, it just makes people stop playing spells until someone draws an answer. It's like an uber-Standstill. I realize you are really low on creatures at the mOment, but you seem to have enough tutor/manipulation to make it work fairly reliably.

Lurking Predators is a huge pain in the butt, and should probably be in this deck somewhere. If for nothing else, it will dig for me.

Also, after a trip to my local gaming store and Sifting through some crap, the list of potential added cards keeps going up. Here are the list of potentials so far:

Brittle Effigy (Probably not needed with the triple threat of weird spot removal. But I noticed it and added it to the pile just in case.)
Orcish Librarian (I've always loved this card. Not sure how it interacts with EDH. Random is always bad, but always fun. And it is technically repeatable top-of-library manipulation, even if there is the chance to Exile stuff.)
Momentous Fall (This will be a Greater Good once I own one. Really, I won't bother adding this to the deck until I have that. It's just there to remind me about the Greater Good because that card is nuts.)
Nucklavee (I am on the fence about this guy. Not sure if he's worth 6 if I only hit one thing. Unless my count is off, there are 8 blue instants and 3 red sorceries (including Guided Passage) )
Soothsaying (Could be good. I tend to have lots of free mana after turn 6 or so.)
Insurrection (The real red wrath. The game-ender. Now available at Intet's Discount House Of Baloney. :D )
Relic of Progenitus (The latest in the proud line of Scrabbling Claws and Phyrexian Furnace. None of them let you target easily, so the nuClear option is probably best, unless I am worried about interactions with my 3 Regrowth effects.)
Chamber of Manipulation (I am sure this will get me punched if I get Greater Good out at the same time.)
Decimate (It is such ridiculous card advantage, it's not even funny.)
Wash Out (Blue Wrath. Should really be in this deck, not sure what I was thinking before.)
Terastodon (Finally own one. This will go in there, pretty much no matter what.)
Thada Adel, Acquisitor (Could be fun. Evasive Larceny.)

And that's just the ones I actually have.

12 cards... but hey, at least 2 won't make it in... that helps, right? :|

Offline Profile