Login | Register

All times are UTC - 7 hours

It is currently 2019-Sep-22 11:14 pm

Post subject: Re: playing to win
AgePosted: 2017-Jul-20 10:45 am 

Threat assessment is really odd sometimes. Recently in an online game I dropped a merciless executioner to kill off some not very important creatures, I made a comment about slowing down the Meren player a little because Meren is quite high on my list of annoying commanders because she is so good. No further discussion about it happens. No aggression is shown on board between us.

Fast forward a little and one player has absolutely blown out with threats. There are multiple threats of different card types on that players board, I have a non-interesting creature (I think it was the UB zombie lord from innistrad) and a couple mana rocks total of about 6-7 mana. The Meren player uses a rec sage to blow up one of my mana rocks. When I respond with "are you joking? Look at that board over there" he says that since I hate Meren, I must have been planning to focus him, so he got me first.

Ultimately people are emotional creatures and make rash decisions based on how they feel at the time. Online it's worse because people don't communicate very well. You don't get the chance to change the target of a spell once you play it because someone made a good argument for it, like often happens in paper.

Playing Online:
Noyan Darr & Sedris Zombie Guy

Offline Profile