Login | Register

All times are UTC - 7 hours

It is currently 2019-Sep-16 6:16 am

Post subject: Help me with Intet
AgePosted: 2017-Jan-18 12:08 am 

Intet, the Dreamer

In addition to the 32 deck challenge, I have also decided to make a deck for all of the planar dragon legends as well.

I already have a Rith deck slapped together (found here http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/15-01-17-wake-up/), which is a landfall deck which also keys into Rith's "awakener" theme. Fun to play and I accidently all over the place with my first playthrough of the deck (turned my 5 saprolings into dragons with Dragon Tempest in play and cast Descent of the Dragons).

My next challenge is going to be building Cromor (thinking devoid Eldrazi) and Intent.

I've compiled a list of things I want to try for Intent (here http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/top-deck-dreamin/), but not sure what I should be actually cheating into play...

I wanted to go with a dream theme (Dreamer, amirite? :facepalm:) so Dream Cache and Dismiss into Dream are likely going to stay in the deck, and Goblin Spy is the mascot so he's staying.

Thinking Cauldron of Souls will be a good add, and I'm likely going to use dragon removal cards again (Roast, Bathe in Dragonfire, Burn Away, etc. just like Rith), but otherwise at a loss.

EDHREC is showing me that most people play dragon tribal and just cheat dragon fatties into play. That would likely be effective, but I sense boring?

Please provide your two cents!

EDIT: added an autocard of Intet for folks

Last edited by Superstrength79 on 2017-Jan-19 4:03 am, edited 1 time in total.

Offline Profile  

Post subject: Re: Help me with Intet
AgePosted: 2017-Jan-18 1:34 am 

Superstrength79 wrote:
My next challenge is going to be building Cromor (thinking devoid Eldrazi) and Intent.

Gonna guess you posted from a phone, and meant Crosis and Intet?

Superstrength79 wrote:
EDHREC is showing me that most people play dragon tribal and just cheat dragon fatties into play.

Probably has a lot to do with Sarkhan Unbroken being in those colors.

Not sure what you should be cheating into play, but it should be expensive to get value.

"The President's job - and if someone sufficiently vain and stupid is picked he won't realize this - is not to wield power, but to draw attention away from it." -- Douglas Adams, The Hitchhiker's Guide tot he Galaxy Radio Transcripts predicting the future.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2017-Jan-18 2:16 am 

Sid the Chicken wrote:
Superstrength79 wrote:

Gonna guess you posted from a phone, and meant Crosis and Intet?

Superstrength79 wrote:
EDHREC is showing me that most people play dragon tribal and just cheat dragon fatties into play.

Probably has a lot to do with Sarkhan Unbroken being in those colors.

Not sure what you should be cheating into play, but it should be expensive to get value.

Sorry, fractured thoughts. I am building each of the dragons, but my current two I am building are Crosis and Intent, but Intet is a bit of a stumbling block.

It's really easy to figure out effects to modify the top card of her deck, but no idea what things should be cheated into play or wincons really. Other than herp derp cards like Insurrection and similar. Cheating Avenger of Zendikar into play is fine, I suppose, since Intent is a turn before it anyways.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2017-Jan-18 7:56 am 

I've had an Intet mostly-tribal dragons deck for awhile. List is posted somewhere, but it's OOD for sure at this point.

The biggest piece of advice I can offer is to make sure you have non-Intet ways of taking advantage of the top of the deck aspect, if you're building around it. I find Intet often gets targeted and the cost goes up fast. Cards like Lurking Predators, Domri Rade, Call of the Wild, Future Sight, Possibility Storm, Rashmi, Eternities Crafter, and Possibility Storm are ones I've enjoyed.

As for WHAT to cast...that's totally up to what you want to do. I'm perfectly happy cheating out fatties, but can respect other plans.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2017-Jan-18 9:39 pm 

iccarus wrote:
I've had an Intet mostly-tribal dragons deck for awhile. List is posted somewhere, but it's OOD for sure at this point.

The biggest piece of advice I can offer is to make sure you have non-Intet ways of taking advantage of the top of the deck aspect, if you're building around it. I find Intet often gets targeted and the cost goes up fast. Cards like Lurking Predators, Domri Rade, Call of the Wild, Future Sight, Possibility Storm, Rashmi, Eternities Crafter, and Possibility Storm are ones I've enjoyed.

As for WHAT to cast...that's totally up to what you want to do. I'm perfectly happy cheating out fatties, but can respect other plans.

Rashmi is a good one, thanks. Yeah, I was thinking of playing the janky red damage spells that care about cards revealed from the top of your library. If I know what's coming up, I can get max damage out of them :)

Call of the Wild and Lurking Predators are going to be in there, as well as the temple lands which scry. The issue still seems to be what to actually cheat into play. Looks like it will be silly finishers like Inkwell Leviathan, Stormtide Leviathan and similar, until I get a feel for what I might want to include.

Even though I only own two copies, I plan to use my second copy of Sakashima the Impostor in the deck, so I can get two Intet triggers on a good day. Or maybe just attack with Sakashima so people aren't afraid of commander damage :)

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2017-Jan-19 3:22 am 

You should mix in some strong instants to cheat. Intet doesn't require the card be cast that turn (only while she remains in play). So things you can save up, cast as you need or dump if Intet will be removed (In response to your Plague Wind, I'll cheat Evacuation) could be a good mind game ("Why do you still have three exiled cards with Intet? What are you planning?"). Stronger creatures with Flash would work as well. Orobably not enough to make all of your targets like this, but a percentage of these types of targets could improve flexibility.

Examples:
Aetherspouts, Time Stop, Mirror Match, Gather Specimens
Savage Beating, Runeflare Trap, Bogardan Hellkite
Great Oak Guardian, Hunting Pack, Vitalizing Wind
Vigean Intuition, Hypersonic Dragon, Firemind's Foresight, Surrak Dragonclaw

HK

Hazezon Tamar - Manland theme
Seshiro the Anointed - Snake Tribal
Jedit Ojanen of Efrava - Cat and Warrior Dual Tribal
Doran, the Seige Tower - Wall Tribal
Progenitus - Hydra themed Proliferate Deck
Karona, the False God - Backstabbing Hug

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2017-Jan-19 4:05 am 

Pricey instant spells seems like a good idea. These are the greater than 4 ones that I might consider:

Aethersnatch
Aetherspouts
Blinding Spray
Confirm Suspicions
Contradict
Counterlash
Evacuation
Lavaball Trap
Lost in the Mist
Mystic Confluence
Mystic Genesis
Not of this World
Opportunity
Overwhelming Intellect
Quicksilver Geyser
Relic Crush
Savage Beating
Scour from Existence
Scour the Laboratory
Spelljack
Spin into Myth
Submerge
Sunder
Supplant Form
Synthetic Destiny
Time Stop
Totally Lost
Turn Against
Vanishment
Vitalizing Wind
Will of the Naga

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2017-Jan-19 4:53 pm 

Oh, and don't forget Cream of the Crop if you are working top-of-deck shenanigans with G available...

HK

Hazezon Tamar - Manland theme
Seshiro the Anointed - Snake Tribal
Jedit Ojanen of Efrava - Cat and Warrior Dual Tribal
Doran, the Seige Tower - Wall Tribal
Progenitus - Hydra themed Proliferate Deck
Karona, the False God - Backstabbing Hug

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2017-Jan-25 5:49 am 

I had Cream of the Crop in there, but took it out for the build I am going with for the time being. I like that card, but OMG does it take so much time to resolve and choosing between cards is a pain sometimes :)

I decided tribal dragons might actually be fun, but I went extreme cheaty with the list. Deck idea is to crank out goblin tokens and fulfill their dream to become dragons!

http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/i-dream-of-dragons-1/

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2017-Jan-29 8:44 am 

Won the first game with the deck.

I was horribly behind (not drawing any goblin makers and off a color of mana to at least cast a dragon, and was getting beaten in the face by two zombie decks.

Eventually got Scroll Rack so I could at least filter some cards. Got my third color and Sol Ring Topped Sarkhan Unbroken and used the Devastating Dreams I had been holding onto (wouldn't cast it unless I could profit, else face the wrath of my meta) and discarded all five of my cards. Got to Sarkhan's ultimate after some quick draw-go rounds and had to take the win. Was going to be zombie food otherwise.

We'll see how the deck does for future games. Thanks for the input everyone :)

Offline Profile