Login | Register

All times are UTC - 7 hours

It is currently 2019-Sep-22 11:29 pm

Post subject: Help with Rafiq
AgePosted: 2016-Dec-23 5:31 am 

So, I need your help a tad. I'm a blue player through-and-through, but I like to dabble in other strategies as well. I built a Rafiq of the Many equipment voltron deck that's kinda competitive. http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/05-09-16-gEt-stuff/ The deck list isn't really up to date. It has more tutors and better lands, but you'll get the jist of it. It's basically the same tutor for equipment and combat as every Rafiq out there. It's a great deck for those times when you only have 30-60 minutes for a game, but I find the deck really boring. It was fun the first 5-10 times, but it really hasn't held up. Do you have any tips for altering the deck to more durdle, or do you think I should just scrap it and buid something new?

Offline Profile  

Post subject: Re: Help with Rafiq
AgePosted: 2016-Dec-23 3:28 pm 

I have fun when I play my Rafiq deck. No Equipment Package in mine (some equipment, like Blade of Selves - but not Voltron-Equipment). It's all out Exalted with Banding for defense and a token subtheme for eating all the banding damage. It also has niche interactions like Gemini Twin (which will receive all the Exalted buffs, then the twin token has them too).

It *can* attack with Rafiq, if needed. But focuses more on Exalting the best beater for any given attack phase.

You could also go Knight Tribal with the deck. Most of my decks are tribal (Rafiq is one of the few that is not since it is Keyword themes). Like Sheldon says, build casual and play competitive.

HK

Hazezon Tamar - Manland theme
Seshiro the Anointed - Snake Tribal
Jedit Ojanen of Efrava - Cat and Warrior Dual Tribal
Doran, the Seige Tower - Wall Tribal
Progenitus - Hydra themed Proliferate Deck
Karona, the False God - Backstabbing Hug

Offline Profile  

Post subject: Re: Help with Rafiq
AgePosted: 2016-Dec-24 5:01 am 

Huh! Yeah, that might be the way to go.

I build competitive casual, and play casual. If I want to win, I play Modern.

Offline Profile