Login | Register

All times are UTC - 7 hours

It is currently 2019-Sep-18 12:06 pm

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 51 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: Rashmi, Eternities Crafter--help wanted
AgePosted: 2016-Sep-16 10:32 am 

Jelik wrote:
Top is so good in this deck. Assuming everything else costs 2+. You get to manipulate what card is revealed. If you don't want to reveal a card pop top and draw it instead and cast top for free.

I'm thinking this is a good place for hand size matters cards.

Cream of the Crop is a good back-up as well (if creature density or token creation is high enough). Information Dealer is similar, but you would have to go heavy on wizards instead of Druids.

HK

Hazezon Tamar - Manland theme
Seshiro the Anointed - Snake Tribal
Jedit Ojanen of Efrava - Cat and Warrior Dual Tribal
Doran, the Seige Tower - Wall Tribal
Progenitus - Hydra themed Proliferate Deck
Karona, the False God - Backstabbing Hug

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2016-Sep-17 8:42 am 

Here's what I've cobbled together so far for a chart. Only 89 cards so far (including Rashmi), and certainly not enough lands. Not to mention a severe slant towards blue, courtesy my stocking up on scry cards that usually turned out to be blue.

COMMANDER
Rashmi, Eternities Crafter

CREATURES
Courser of Kruphix
Draining Whelk
Eternal Witness
Forgotten Ancient
Kruphix, God of Horizons
Loaming Shaman
Master Thief
Momir Vig, Simic Visionary (...doubtful)
Mystic Snake (not removing under ANY circumstances)
Prescient Chimera
Progenitor Mimic
Prognostic Sphinx
Sapphire Drake
Soul of the Harvest
Sower of Temptation
Thassa, God of the Sea
Trygon Predator
Tuskguard Captain
Windrider Patrol
Woodfall Primus
Yeva, Nature's Herald

ENCHANTMENTS
Asceticism
Bow of Nylea
Cream of the Crop
Eyes of the Watcher
Future Sight
Heartbeat of Spring
Inexorable Tide
Jace's Sanctum
Leyline of Anticipation
Mind's Dilation
Retreat to Coralhelm
Soothsaying

ARTIFACTS
Cloudstone Curio (the idea being to ensure that you have SOMETHING to trigger Rashmi with most of the time. I wonder if Words of Wind could do the job, though...)
Crystal Ball
Sensei's Divining Top
Simic Signet
Sol Ring
Sword of Light and Shadow (another doubtful)

SORCERIES
Cultivate
Map the Wastes
Skyshroud Claim
Temporal Spring
Urban Evolution

INSTANTS
Desertion
Dig Through Time
Dissolve
Fated Infatuation
Fuel for the Cause
Inspiring Call (although there is the question of how profuse +1/+1 counters can expect to be, at least compared to Vorel)
Krosan Grip
Noxious Revival
Plasm Capture
Submerge
Voidslime

LANDS
Forest*9 (I'm trying for 38 lands, with half of them basic)
Island*10
Alchemist's Refuge
Botanical Sanctum
Breeding Pool
Command Tower
Flooded Grove
Halimar Depths
Hinterland Harbor
Llanowar Reborn
Lumbering Falls
Reliquary Tower
Simic Growth Chamber
Soldevi Excavations
Temple of Mystery
Thornwood Falls
Yavimaya Coast

(Note to self: Find time to analyze Momir Vig and Vorel decks, along with the prototype Rashmi decks already popping up on Tapped Out)

On a side note, these are the following cards from Kaladesh, besides Botanical Sanctum, that looked like possibilities:
--Armorcraft Judge
--Saheeli's Artistry
--Torrential Gearhulk
--Verdurous Gearhulk

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2016-Sep-18 3:37 am 

@Skynight :D. You've made me very happy now, I help you a bit more

I recommend:

Murkfiend Liege
Cryptolith Rites
Abundance
Web of Inertia
Elvish Piper
Omniscience

Along with some big meanies like Breaker of Armies and void winnower, or even Kozilek the Great distortion

RaiRai's Decks of Otherworldlyness:

Unknown Horizons
Bane of the Vast 1.0
Call from Eternity
Twisted Nightmares

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2016-Sep-19 4:42 am 

Some additional cards that will help you play during your opponents' turns;

Djinn of Wishes
Elite Arcanist
Kaho,
Living Lore
Spelljack

"The President's job - and if someone sufficiently vain and stupid is picked he won't realize this - is not to wield power, but to draw attention away from it." -- Douglas Adams, The Hitchhiker's Guide tot he Galaxy Radio Transcripts predicting the future.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2016-Sep-19 9:14 am 

I've posted a starter decklist (I managed to get 100 cards, but I'm not liking the current lack of a coherent theme) in Decklists, if anyone's interested in shifting the conversation to there.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2016-Sep-22 7:02 pm 

Is Rashmi an Affinity commander? Are there enough decent affinity cards to build a good artifact deck around?

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2016-Sep-22 11:38 pm 

Kemev wrote:
Is Rashmi an Affinity commander? Are there enough decent affinity cards to build a good artifact deck around?

I don't think there are enough to build around affinity, specifically, but there are a few that could go in any U/x artifact deck. Thoughtcast, Broodstar, Chromescale Dragon, Mycosynth Golem, and Qumulox wouldn't be embarassing. I think the rest are just not very good unless you are really focused on as many artifacts as you can cast regardless of how relevant they are.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2016-Sep-23 2:10 am 

JJackson wrote:
Kemev wrote:

I don't think there are enough to build around affinity, specifically, but there are a few that could go in any U/x artifact deck. Thoughtcast, Broodstar, Chromescale Dragon, Mycosynth Golem, and Qumulox wouldn't be embarassing. I think the rest are just not very good unless you are really focused on as many artifacts as you can cast regardless of how relevant they are.

There's going to be a real fine balance between enablers and spells in this deck. You can't just go all out with cost reduction stuff and expect to ever actually cast anything off her trigger. Affinity is one of those effects that are great when supported but really terrible when not. French vanilla big/bigs aren't really where you're going to want to be in this deck IMO and a sorcery draw two for five is pretty terrible when compared to treasure cruise or dig through time that will ultimately be cast for the same amounts. I'd even consider Gush over it considering we're in green so we can just drop them back in with exploration or burgeoning. There are just too many good cards in U/G to want to do an affinity focus. Creatures aren't where you'll want to be with the cost reduction effects and there are too many other card draw spells that are just superior or more relevant.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2016-Sep-23 12:34 pm 

If you have a deck with 99 cards with CMC 8 (let's ignore that you need lands to put Rashmi out and cast some of these), Rashmi will never be maximized. Same if you have 99 cards with CMC 1. If you have 49 with CMC 1, 49 with CMC 8, and a Mox Opal, Rashmi will be maximized about 25% of the time. If you were to somehow invent cards with CMC all the way up to 99, having exactly one of each in the deck brings that Rashmi maximization probability all the way up to about 50%.

That's as high as it can go without deck manipulation. So she's best when you have as diverse a CMC selection as possible, plus as much deck manipulation as possible. Including high-CMC cheats like Commandeer can sometimes help you cast CMC 6 fatties for significantly less than 6 mana, but it doesn't improve your odds of hitting a lower CMC any better than adding a different CMC 7 would. In fact, if you already have more 7s than anything else, putting in another 7 will hurt your odds compared to putting in another 6 or 8

But those lower odds are not as relevant as they may seem.

I ran the numbers on my Kaseto deck, and an average topdeck (including the 39 lands in the deck) only has a 15.17% chance of hitting a lower CMC if I were to swap my Commander to Rashmi. Compared to a theoretical deck with exactly eight cards of each CMC 1 through 8 (or 2 through 9, or 0 through 7, or whatever, the odds are the same as long as each CMC is different) and only 35 lands, the odds don't actually go up all that much, just to 18.47%.

tl;dr
I believe I've demonstrated that focusing on maximizing her is pretty futile. Put a few really good library manipulation cards in there (Top, Soothsaying) and just have fun.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2016-Oct-09 12:57 am 

teferi, mage of zhalfir
seedborn muse
sensei's divining top
scroll rack
sylvan library

on the subject of mind's dilation...

mind's dilation + isochron scepter + memory lapse = lulz!
even better in a deck with seedborn muse and/or unwinding clock

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2016-Oct-17 4:59 am 

Question: How does one reliably find an enchantment in U/G? I really want Mind's Dilation to come up more often, but just drawing cards and cascading ain't getting it done. I've only managed to get Dilation out in one game (out of about 18 to 20 games played) and I was already so far ahead that game, my opponent was dead or scooped before MD triggered even once. But I can't think of a way to tutor for it in UG. Any ideas?

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2016-Oct-17 5:14 am 

thaumaturge wrote:
Question: How does one reliably find an enchantment in U/G? I really want Mind's Dilation to come up more often, but just drawing cards and cascading ain't getting it done. I've only managed to get Dilation out in one game (out of about 18 to 20 games played) and I was already so far ahead that game, my opponent was dead or scooped before MD triggered even once. But I can't think of a way to tutor for it in UG. Any ideas?

There's some, but probably not a whole lot. Long-Term Plans, Noble Benefactor, Planar Portal, Ring of Three Wishes, Tamiyo's Journal, and Archmage Ascension. Archmage Ascension seems pretty good, although it's a pretty big target.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2016-Oct-17 5:14 am 

thaumaturge wrote:

Planar Portal, Ring of Three Wishes, and Tamiyo's Journal.

Otherwise, repeat Dig Through Time, , sheer bulk draw, or cards like Ugin's Insight, which allow you to dig deep.

EDIT: Nath'd

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2016-Oct-17 5:22 am 

Segrus' Long-Term Plans suggestion seems best along with Intuition and regrowth effects basically.

I'd also recommend Ugin's Insight as I suggested above.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2016-Oct-17 5:31 am 

Can't believe I forgot about the artifact tutors! Derp! But, I feel like those are too slow and costly for what I want to be doing. Long Term Plans is absolutely on point, though and can probably set up some other cool plays as well. Intuition is also probably a good option, so thanks! I'll probably start with those two and go from there.

EDIT Ugin's Insight is underrated in this format, I feel, though in my particular Rashmi list, I'm not sold on it. I like the scry, but going by the average cost of my list, I think it's going to be basically a Foresee 75% of the time, and I'm already running Foresee. Don't really want a 5-mana one too. I love it in Narset though!

Offline Profile  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 51 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next