Login | Register

All times are UTC - 7 hours

It is currently 2019-Sep-16 6:12 am

Post subject: Wort, boggart auntie
AgePosted: 2016-Feb-16 1:31 pm 

Just need some help here with cards I may need for a fun deck. Nothing too mean.

Offline Profile  

Post subject: Re: Wort, boggart auntie
AgePosted: 2016-Feb-16 1:54 pm 

Hey welcome to the forums! :)

Here's a link to my Wort deck: http://deckstats.net/decks/5132/57325-wort-boggart-auntie/en

Basically it's pretty standard Goblin tribal agro, and uses Wort to get back various lords (like Goblin Chieftain) when needed. It tends to get off to explosive starts but isn't totally ruined by a board sweeper. If you have any questions, feel free to ask!

(Like nearly all of my decks, it's cheap, too ;) )

"- if this spell is played ten times in a given game then I suggest you warm up the tar and pluck some chickens" - tarnar

The internet's great at making noise, and poor at operating pants. There's gonna be half-dressed mobs screeching half-assed arguments for the rest of the 21st century - Kemev

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2016-Feb-16 3:03 pm 

I also ran a Wort deck for awhile, though I retired it just when Theros spoilers were starting to hit.

Here is a link to the list as it was at that point: the highlighted cards were ones that were likely to be cut soon for either being too weak or too mean.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... sp=sharing

The things that tended to work really well were goblins with ETB abilities (especially making tokens) and things that sacrificed goblins for profit. Goblin Chirugeon was surprisingly good, and Tivadar help anybody if you manage to get Goblin Warren going when you have a Heat Stroke on the battlefield.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2016-Feb-16 4:17 pm 

RB Goblins gives you lots of fun options!

One interaction I really like is Goblin Ringleader with Footbottom Feast (and it's clones -- there are a few similar cards). Use the feast to stack Ringleader with 4 goblins on top of your deck, draw the Ringleader, then play it to put the other 4 goblins into your hand.

I suspect Grenzo, Dungeon Warden is pretty good with Wort too (although I haven't seem them played together before).

And if discard's not too mean: Cabal Slaver

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2016-Feb-16 11:53 pm 

Footbottom Feast or Goblin Recruiter are also good ways to power up your Goblin Charbelcher.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2016-Feb-17 12:30 am 

Cards I don't have that I need is a goblin charbelcher and grave pact but with two kids I mean mer oh well

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2016-Feb-17 1:40 am 

Hollidayjp88 wrote:
Cards I don't have that I need is a goblin charbelcher and grave pact but with two kids I mean mer oh well

Yeah, neither one of those is particularly important. The Charbelcher is not even particularly good; I just found it super amusing. Dictate of Erebos is a good substitute for Grave Pact, and is likely easier for you to cast if your deck is mostly red.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2016-Feb-17 2:16 am 

Yeah I was looking at throwing dictate of erebos in there

Offline Profile