Login | Register

All times are UTC - 7 hours

It is currently 2019-Sep-18 5:40 am

Post subject: Re: New deck time ... need some suggestions
AgePosted: 2015-Oct-15 4:29 am 

It's also worth noting that in most cases, the named counters don't actually do anything aside from make it easier to track.

Like Sensei Golden-Tail puts training counters on things. The counter does nothing but remind you that you gave it the effect. If you removed things that said "divinity counters = indestructible" by destroying That which was taken or Turn to Frog on your Myogin, it would lose indestructibility.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2015-Oct-16 10:12 am 

Epsilon wrote:
It's also worth noting that in most cases, the named counters don't actually do anything aside from make it easier to track.

The "Most cases" is important here, if you intend to (ab)use this kind of counter interaction. The Oracle wording you are looking for is "... as long as it has <name> counter on it." So Quicksilver Fountained lands will still be islands if you destroy the fountain; feathered creatures (Aven Mimeomancer) will still have their base P/T changed and have flying (and those counters work great with Kangee bird tribal to give him feather counters without kicker) even if the mimeomancer is destroyed or exiled.

HK

Hazezon Tamar - Manland theme
Seshiro the Anointed - Snake Tribal
Jedit Ojanen of Efrava - Cat and Warrior Dual Tribal
Doran, the Seige Tower - Wall Tribal
Progenitus - Hydra themed Proliferate Deck
Karona, the False God - Backstabbing Hug

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2015-Oct-20 7:10 am 

Another interaction question: Do effects, like those of Mycologist, Nemata. Grove Guardian and crew depend on card name or card type?

I was just thinking about this because of my thoughts about running Conspiracy in this deck. Lots of the effects say "sacrifice a saproling" ... well there will be lots of token creatures named "saproling" in play ... but if I give them a creature type of "fungus" instead ... does that negate them being saprolings?

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2015-Oct-20 7:15 am 

Saproling is a creature type otherwise it would say "Sacrifice a creature named x".

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2015-Oct-20 7:19 am 

Epsilon wrote:
Saproling is a creature type otherwise it would say "Sacrifice a creature named x".

Kind of thought so.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2015-Oct-20 11:20 am 

You CAN abuse the crap out of Mirror Entity however. For example, in response to the ability of Sporesower Thallid, activating ME for 1 will let you put counters on all your creatures - even the saprolings, and you can then sacrifice any of your creatures to fuel "sacrifice a saproling" abilities.

"The President's job - and if someone sufficiently vain and stupid is picked he won't realize this - is not to wield power, but to draw attention away from it." -- Douglas Adams, The Hitchhiker's Guide tot he Galaxy Radio Transcripts predicting the future.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2015-Oct-21 1:39 am 

Sid the Chicken wrote:
You CAN abuse the crap out of Mirror Entity however. For example, in response to the ability of Sporesower Thallid, activating ME for 1 will let you put counters on all your creatures - even the saprolings, and you can then sacrifice any of your creatures to fuel "sacrifice a saproling" abilities.

That was the plan. Among other things. Getting close to a tentative deck list. I'll post it up when I have some time to tinker.

Offline Profile