Login | Register

All times are UTC - 7 hours

It is currently 2019-Sep-22 10:27 am

Post subject: Re: Spot Removal in Commander
AgePosted: 2015-Apr-28 4:25 am 

This reminds me of something I read in a GDC article today: http://generaldamagecontrol.com/single- ... card-ever/

People tend to play less answers and play questions instead. I liked that statement. I think the same holds true for sweepers: they generate value, but that doesn't mean spot removal is bad. EDH is a format where you can get away with playing situational or overpriced removal. Death Mutation is a nice example.

Offline Profile  

Post subject: Re: Spot Removal in Commander
AgePosted: 2015-May-03 10:51 pm 

I've found at least that i'd usually play artifact/enchantment/land spot removal a lot more readily than creature spot removal. To me, it feels like I can always afford to lose creatures that I have if there are massive pains on the other side of the board; whereas artifact and enchantment wipes would cause me to lose a lot of my board state (since they are generally much harder to recur). Land spot removal or specific subsets of land removal (eg wake of destruction, boil, ruination or avalanche riders) I'd use only because mass land destruction (eg armageddon, catastrophe, decree of annihilation) is usually frowny-faced around here.

its probably good to also mention that most of my decks are pretty reactive and slow, so tempo isn't usually the most important thing to me, i suppose.

Offline Profile