Login | Register

All times are UTC - 7 hours

It is currently 2019-Sep-22 11:07 pm

Post subject: Re: Mirror Entity Idea
AgePosted: 2015-Feb-16 8:59 pm 

You get style points for using a Legends OG, but I don't really see what you'd gain from using him compared to, say, Rith. Have you considered Dromoka as your general?

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2015-Feb-17 3:43 am 

Shabbaman wrote:
You get style points for using a Legends OG, but I don't really see what you'd gain from using him compared to, say, Rith. Have you considered Dromoka as your general?

I guess vigilance isn't really that cool. I hadn't considered using Dromoka, mostly because that severely limits my dragon pool, and within that pool there aren't a lot of cool "when a dragon you control ..." or "dragons you control ..." abilities. There's not a lot of synergy there. But I suppose I could scrap the dragon tribal theme, go GW and go all in with the token army ploy. I 'spose I could take both ideas and run with them ... why make one deck when you can make two right?

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2015-Feb-17 5:53 am 

AutoXCivic wrote:
that severely limits my dragon pool, and within that pool there aren't a lot of cool "when a dragon you control ..." or "dragons you control ..." abilities. There's not a lot of synergy there.

On the other hand (and that's why I mention it), it does give you direct access to "dragon triggers" and has the right color for Mirror Entity (unlike Atarka). Obviously you're missing out on the best dragons, but I think Dromoka is very solid as a general in a non-dragon deck. Just think of ways to exploit Bolster: Renegade Krasis, Spike Weaver, Mindless Automaton, that kind of stuff. Hardened Scales turns everything into a dragon ;) Then you can finish the game with Mirror Entity or Shields of Velis Vel.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2015-Feb-18 11:27 am 

Well it doesn't neccesarily have to be dragons. I just used them as an exampel because I happen to have some of them (I also just remembered I have a copy of Numot, the Devastator that I recently acquired). I was just playing with the theory of running one, or multiple, clan affinities in conjunction with Mirror Entity. A good bit of token generation seems ideal for that because then you can have lots of triggers for those "all creatures of type x" style abilities.

However it could also work without any token generation since Mirror Entity affects all creatures on the board. I could run some goblin, zombie, merfolk buffs and ulitlize Mirror Entity to capitalize on those ... granted only until end of turn, but still.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2015-Feb-19 2:54 am 

I think I'd pick Karona, False God as my leader of this deck.

Also, Peer Pressure.

Starke of Rath -> Wrath of Starke: MRC

Proving Grounds: Drawmia-maro, Titania When Lands Attack, Tromokratis Read it Again, Kaalia's Klerics, Hordes of Tribes.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2015-Feb-21 9:02 pm 

Musings about this type of strategy usually end up with the Reaper King Changeling Omni-Tribal(tm) deck. You run Reaper King because free Vindicates and you run every changeling you can, then you add all kinds of different tribal lords, since they work with the majority of your creatures. I was tempted to build this deck some time ago. Didn't get to do it then, but the new dragon cycle certainly provides some interesting new options.

In my late teens I was a Spike.
In my 20's I was a Johnny.
Now, I just like to play.
'Active decks' list here.
Currently hiring servants for my palace, made from my own walls of text.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2015-Mar-01 2:29 pm 

I was thinking about this deck as well. My version I have going in my head runs all the changelings plus mistform ultimus and mutavault with either korona, the false god or the scarecrow dude then cards like: Aboshan, Cephalid Emperor, Azami, Lady of Scrolls, Captivating Vampire, Catapult Master, Gilt-Leaf Archdruid,Keeper of the Nine Gales, Lullmage Mentor, Patron Wizard, Seton, Krosan Protector,Sigil Tracer, Supreme Inquisitor, Voice of the Woods, and Gravespawn Sovereign. I think it would be hilarious, and I have always liked these cards.

The keys of the deck would be: seedborn muse, prophit of kruphix, andawakening.

Retired:
Krenko, Mob Boss (Goblins)
Zedruu the Christmas Goat (group hug)
Ramses Overdark (Assassin Deck)

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2015-Mar-02 3:56 am 

Ooooo I like that plan too, and was kind of more along the lines I was thinking. Stuff that does things based on specific creature types. I may have to look into your theory a bit more and come up with something.

Hooray for new angles.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2015-Mar-13 4:59 am 

There was a deck like this going around at one time. It ran a few changelings and lots of offbeat lords or tribal effect creatures (like Azami). My commander was Horde of Notions to bring back the changelings if they were killed. Mirror Entity was the best card for the deck.

Offline Profile