Login | Register

All times are UTC - 7 hours

It is currently 2019-Aug-21 12:36 pm

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 139 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
 Post subject: Re: Cremation Revisited
AgePosted: 2015-Oct-20 7:30 am 

It's not awful, three mana at instant speed to exile a card, draw a card, and get a 1/1 that sac's for a mana is actually pretty good. It does a bunch of stuff, but you wouldn't want to pay three mana for any one of them. Having them all is reasonable though.

"- if this spell is played ten times in a given game then I suggest you warm up the tar and pluck some chickens" - tarnar

The internet's great at making noise, and poor at operating pants. There's gonna be half-dressed mobs screeching half-assed arguments for the rest of the 21st century - Kemev

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2015-Oct-20 2:27 pm 

Viperion wrote:
It's not awful, three mana at instant speed to exile a card, draw a card, and get a 1/1 that sac's for a mana is actually pretty good. It does a bunch of stuff, but you wouldn't want to pay three mana for any one of them. Having them all is reasonable though.

The opponent gets to choose the card, which renders it all but useless as gy hate.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2015-Oct-20 2:30 pm 

JJackson wrote:
Viperion wrote:
The opponent gets to choose the card, which renders it all but useless as gy hate.
:facepalm: RTFC, Vip! Yep, ok, it's trash as a cremation effect. Carry on folks!

"- if this spell is played ten times in a given game then I suggest you warm up the tar and pluck some chickens" - tarnar

The internet's great at making noise, and poor at operating pants. There's gonna be half-dressed mobs screeching half-assed arguments for the rest of the 21st century - Kemev

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2016-Jan-19 3:33 pm 

Viperion wrote:
JJackson wrote:
Viperion wrote:
:facepalm: RTFC, Vip! Yep, ok, it's trash as a cremation effect. Carry on folks!

eww...i didnt notice that...that makes it almost 100% useless for the gy hate part....why would they even bother adding that as part of the effect at that point

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2016-Jan-20 12:07 am 

Shoe wrote:
eww...i didnt notice that...that makes it almost 100% useless for the gy hate part....why would they even bother adding that as part of the effect at that point

Probably as an alternative way to power Processors in limited play.

Putrid Pirate Proliferation
Lord of Voltronhorn
Unlife of the Party
Jaya Ballard, Discard Mage
Zedruu and the Minotaurs
Vish Kal's ManSlaughterhouse
Izzet Any Good?

Chorus of Counters

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2016-Jan-20 12:59 am 

Masked Thespian wrote:
Shoe wrote:

yeah, but for what reason did they fell the need to nerf it for ACTUAL use outside limited is what I wanna know...would letting you target a card in GY have broken it? I think not

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2016-Jan-20 2:13 am 

Shoe wrote:
Masked Thespian wrote:
Shoe wrote:

yeah, but for what reason did they fell the need to nerf it for ACTUAL use outside limited is what I wanna know...would letting you target a card in GY have broken it? I think not

Not all cards are for you or the formats you play. The card fulfils a purpose, it's just a purpose that you're not interested in.

Putrid Pirate Proliferation
Lord of Voltronhorn
Unlife of the Party
Jaya Ballard, Discard Mage
Zedruu and the Minotaurs
Vish Kal's ManSlaughterhouse
Izzet Any Good?

Chorus of Counters

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2016-Jan-20 2:23 am 

Shoe wrote:

It would be pretty awkward if they were aiming for it to be a standard playable card and somebody cast Dig Through Time to counter you getting a blocker.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2016-Jan-21 9:27 am 

Masked Thespian wrote:
Not all cards are for you or the formats you play. The card fulfils a purpose, it's just a purpose that you're not interested in.

it IS for me, I love limited too, i just dont see why it cant be for both.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2016-Jan-21 9:28 am 

JJackson wrote:
Shoe wrote:

It would be pretty awkward if they were aiming for it to be a standard playable card and somebody cast Dig Through Time to counter you getting a blocker.

Yeah, i guess....wait...if it doesnt target, then I can see the argument for it....assuming a graveyard somehow got shroud....i think there is a card that does that.....maybe.....

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2016-Jan-21 9:31 am 

Quote:
Yeah, i guess....wait...if it doesnt target, then I can see the argument for it....assuming a graveyard somehow got shroud....i think there is a card that does that.....maybe.....
Ground Seal, and Underworld Cerberus

Last edited by Viperion on 2016-Jan-30 10:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2016-Jan-21 12:36 pm 

I'm probably adding Pulse of Murasa to the list, but man, putting the creature into its owner's hand is REALLY not the best form of hate, unless it was your own creature being targeted by an opponent's Beacon of Unrest.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2016-May-14 12:49 pm 

SOI update?

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2016-May-15 3:35 pm 

Well there's not much in that set. Shamble Back is the only one I know of, and like Pulse of Murasa in the previous set, it's a very weak option for graveyard hate. I'll update when there's something decent to add.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2016-May-16 12:20 am 

Not Forgotten is decent but there is probably something better.

Offline Profile  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 139 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next