Login | Register

All times are UTC - 7 hours

It is currently 2019-Oct-15 9:34 pm

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2265 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 151  Next
 Post subject:
AgePosted: 2008-Sep-22 3:06 am 

While I don't think Time Stretch is overpowered, the nuts with Time Stretch is the decks that use Eternal Witness and other regrowth effects to take as many turns as they want after it does resolve. Boseiju, Who Shelters All can almost garuntee this. It can be hard enough in a play group to stop one person from going broken with Time Stretch, it is quite another when 3 or more players in a group are trying to do the same thing as well. I am still not convinced it should be banned, but I can see why it needs to stay on the watch list.

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
AgePosted: 2008-Oct-07 5:19 pm 

what do you guys think about necorpotents I love it free cards woot for 3 mana wait wtf bargen is 6 and that was broken but now i get to do it for 3 woot woot ftw..

that what I think.. what about you guys..bye

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
AgePosted: 2008-Oct-07 6:04 pm 

spmandmtgr wrote:
what do you guys think about necorpotents I love it free cards woot for 3 mana wait wtf bargen is 6 and that was broken but now i get to do it for 3 woot woot ftw..

I'm not entirely sure what I think...

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
AgePosted: 2008-Oct-07 6:44 pm 

you don't intsa draw the cards - that's what's broken with bargian.

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
AgePosted: 2008-Oct-23 1:54 pm 

spmandmtgr wrote:

Oh no, you did NOT just say what I think you said ....

"If you plan for the worst, every surprise is a pleasant one."

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
AgePosted: 2008-Nov-08 5:30 am 

I think time vault should be banned.

DCI Level 1 Judge.

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
AgePosted: 2008-Nov-14 6:41 pm 

onlainari wrote:
I think time vault should be banned.
I do too, if they leave it with the power level errata removed. Tinker into it with a Key out and you win everytime. It's especially stupid in Sharuum because he gets Enlightened Tutor and all the black ones as well, and of course he can naturally recur it. Toss in Tezzeret and it's totally lame.

In Progress: Dromar, The Banisher, Uril The Miststalker, Xira Arien

Retired (for now): Ghost Council Of Orzhova, Captain Sisay (I build these two way too often!)

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
AgePosted: 2008-Nov-21 7:29 pm 
EDH Rules Committee

Time Vault is still on the docket for banning in January. I haven't heard any major objection to banning it, but we decided to wait and see how it actually played out (usually with proxies) for a while first rather than "emergency" banning it.

In this respect, we have a lot more flexibility than WotC's R&D does vis a vis protecting a sanctioned format. If Time Vault is a problem for local groups it's the kind of card they'll have no problems banning locally (if it's a problem, it'll be an obvious one). Then we can make it official after a few months. If it turned out to be overblown, and we can all admit that happens often, then we'd have some actual evidence one way or another.

G

Offline Profile  

Post subject: begone, foul Time Vault!
AgePosted: 2008-Nov-30 7:05 am 

Genomancer wrote:
Time Vault is still on the docket for banning in January.
In this respect, we have a lot more flexibility than WotC's R&D does vis a vis protecting a sanctioned format. If Time Vault is a problem for local groups it's the kind of card they'll have no problems banning locally

Just adding 2c worth: we had a 40-player EDH "extravaganza" locally yesterday. Our conclusions:
1) ban Time Vault;
2) rework our unusual handling of duplicate Generals. (That's another story, for another time/place.)

We also saw a rather silly abuse of Time Stretch, but I don't know that it calls for a banning - just a re-telling:
Jhoira as the General; suspend Time Stretch - and none of us could do anything when it went off. Those extra turns resulted in major resets, including Sunder - and yet that player couldn't close the deal. (He did take me out before I got my 2nd land back in play...)

Anyway, Time Vault is now banned for FrontRangeMagic.com EDH events. Do what you will with that tidbit.

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
AgePosted: 2008-Nov-30 7:24 pm 
EDH Rules Committee

Genomancer wrote:

Small oversight here... the next B&R update was scheduled for Dec 1, but we've decided to wait until after Worlds in Memphis, where copious amounts of EDH will be played by people from all over the world, before we make the final decisions and announcements.

G

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
AgePosted: 2008-Dec-01 9:27 am 

LoL you're gonna get HARSHED on by some vaultage then. Sadness at infinite combotastic edh without monstrous 44/44 creatures attacking.

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
AgePosted: 2008-Dec-01 12:17 pm 
EDH Rules Committee

Genomancer wrote:

It's also banned for Worlds.

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
AgePosted: 2008-Dec-01 12:28 pm 

I would be very surprised if it turned out to be safe, since it turns Tezzeret into a single-card win.

Last edited by intreped on 2008-Dec-01 1:00 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
AgePosted: 2008-Dec-01 12:39 pm 

Haha Genomancer just posted it up, TIme Vault will be banned at Worlds after all. Good decision :lol:

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
AgePosted: 2008-Dec-01 12:49 pm 
EDH Rules Committee

Genomancer wrote:
I would be very surprised if it turned out to be safe

Oh, me too... I'd be stunned in fact. But there are some other things we're considering that we'd like to discuss in person and test out a bit more. Hence, TV goes for Worlds and the actual announcement gets pushed back for a couple of weeks.

G

Offline Profile  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2265 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 151  Next