Login | Register


All times are UTC - 7 hours


It is currently 2019-Dec-07 11:10 am




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 58 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Why Metalworker should be unbanned.
AgePosted: 2015-Jan-25 2:10 am 

Joined: 2012-Mar-31 11:52 am
Age: Elder Dragon
jace247 wrote:
So why is metalwork er banned o. One list but as of the recent update he is unbanned here but on the wizards site he is still banned?

Look at the date of the post directly above yours. You necroed a thread that is almost five years old.


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Why Metalworker should be unbanned.
AgePosted: 2015-Jan-25 3:16 am 

Joined: 2010-Sep-11 12:19 pm
Age: Elder Dragon
cryogen wrote:
jace247 wrote:
So why is metalwork er banned o. One list but as of the recent update he is unbanned here but on the wizards site he is still banned?

Look at the date of the post directly above yours. You necroed a thread that is almost five years old.

Powerful necromancers never look at the date!


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Why Metalworker should be unbanned.
AgePosted: 2015-Jan-26 4:44 am 
User avatar

Joined: 2006-Dec-31 12:26 pm
Age: Elder Dragon
Joz wrote:
cryogen wrote:
jace247 wrote:
So why is metalwork er banned o. One list but as of the recent update he is unbanned here but on the wizards site he is still banned?

Look at the date of the post directly above yours. You necroed a thread that is almost five years old.

Powerful necromancers never look at the date!


I would think that powerful necromancers would find the further away date to test their powers on how old of a corpse they can reanimate :)


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Why Metalworker should be unbanned.
AgePosted: 2015-Jan-26 7:50 am 
User avatar

Joined: 2014-Sep-30 6:38 am
Age: Elder Dragon
The real question is how a hatchling's account is 4 years old.

_________________
Making a deck list? Then use http://manabase.com/autocard.php or Joz will kill you...

Current Decks:


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Why Metalworker should be unbanned.
AgePosted: 2015-Jan-26 11:28 am 
User avatar

Joined: 2006-Dec-31 12:26 pm
Age: Elder Dragon
DarksteelElephant wrote:
The real question is how a hatchling's account is 4 years old.

... a temporal necromancer?

Liliana??
Image


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Why Metalworker should be unbanned.
AgePosted: 2015-Jan-26 1:07 pm 

Joined: 2012-Mar-31 11:52 am
Age: Elder Dragon
MaRo stated in his blog that it isn't Liliana. He said he didn't know who she was, but it's not Lilly.


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Why Metalworker should be unbanned.
AgePosted: 2015-Jan-26 1:55 pm 
User avatar

Joined: 2012-Dec-03 3:16 am
Age: Elder Dragon
cryogen wrote:
MaRo stated in his blog that it isn't Liliana. He said he didn't know who she was, but it's not Lilly.


I was trying to find exactly what he said, I know he said it was not Liliana, but if I remember correctly it was more he wasn't ready to say than he didn't know... Of course it could be that she is just not actually anybody we would recognize as she is just random mage casting a spell... but a spell that powerful is often cast by a powerful mage.

_________________
Shabbaman wrote:
The usual answer is "the social contract", but I guess that is not what you are looking for. Try house rules.


With perfect mana, reasonable removal, disruption, and card advantage, we're back to pitchforks and torches. And it's about to get worse for those who do not enjoy the game as Richard Garfield intended, playing as few win conditions as possible and prompting concession after all hopes (and spells) are lost. - Shaheen Soorani


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Why Metalworker should be unbanned.
AgePosted: 2015-Jan-26 2:01 pm 
User avatar

Joined: 2008-Oct-14 7:43 pm
Age: Elder Dragon
Liliana doesn't have a snake tattooed on her right arm. It's some unnamed Sultai mage.


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Why Metalworker should be unbanned.
AgePosted: 2015-Jan-26 2:18 pm 
User avatar

Joined: 2012-Dec-03 3:16 am
Age: Elder Dragon
troacctid wrote:
Liliana doesn't have a snake tattooed on her right arm. It's some unnamed Sultai mage.


Image

To be fair, Liliana does have a lot of tattoos, and many pictures have full length sleeves, but Also we have never seen a B/u or anything other than mono-B Liliana. It is unlikely that she is even partially blue as many other 'walkers have had different colors (Sarkhan, Ajani etc.) but Liliana is not mixed (like Jace or Chandra).

_________________
Shabbaman wrote:
The usual answer is "the social contract", but I guess that is not what you are looking for. Try house rules.


With perfect mana, reasonable removal, disruption, and card advantage, we're back to pitchforks and torches. And it's about to get worse for those who do not enjoy the game as Richard Garfield intended, playing as few win conditions as possible and prompting concession after all hopes (and spells) are lost. - Shaheen Soorani


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Why Metalworker should be unbanned.
AgePosted: 2015-Jan-26 10:51 pm 
User avatar

Joined: 2006-Dec-31 12:26 pm
Age: Elder Dragon
It's also a temporal tresspass ... it could be from some other point in time that we haven't seen Liliana either.

And I'm not sure how you see the snake tattoo on her arm -- is there a high res image of that somewhere?


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Why Metalworker should be unbanned.
AgePosted: 2015-Jan-27 10:47 pm 

Joined: 2008-Aug-02 10:17 am
Age: Elder Dragon
Inkeyes22 wrote:
Image


Is it me or does she look like a pornstar trying to look naughty in a gothic style dress instead of a power-hungry black mage that makes you shit fifty shades of brown upon sight?

_________________

Teneb, the Harvester
Heartless Hidetsugu
Ob Nixilis, the Fallen
Reaper King
Ruhan of the Fomori
Hanna, Ship's Navigator
Ol
oro, Ageless Ascetic
Roon of the Hidden Realm
Nekusar, the Mindrazer



Sapling of Colfenor
Wrexial, the Risen Deep
Niv-Mizzet the Firemind
Ghost Council of Orzhova
Scion of the Ur-Dragon
Momir Vig, Simic Visionary



Child of Alara
Karrthus, Tyrant of Jund
Rith, the Awakener
Brion Stoutarm
Experiment Kraj
Razia, Boros Archangel
Grand Arbiter Augustin IV
Wort, Bogart Auntie
Kaalia of the Vast
Tariel, Reckoner of Souls


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Why Metalworker should be unbanned.
AgePosted: 2015-Jan-28 12:41 am 
User avatar

Joined: 2009-Aug-20 7:49 pm
Age: Elder Dragon
Location: New Hampshire
24x30cl wrote:
Is it me or does she look like a pornstar trying to look naughty in a gothic style dress instead of a power-hungry black mage that makes you shit fifty shades of brown upon sight?

Evil wears many masks. Her ability to look seductive/innocent (sorta) takes nothing from her lust for power. I'm sure she could generate a defecation-inducing display if needed.

_________________
"The President's job - and if someone sufficiently vain and stupid is picked he won't realize this - is not to wield power, but to draw attention away from it." -- Douglas Adams, The Hitchhiker's Guide tot he Galaxy Radio Transcripts predicting the future.


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Why Metalworker should be unbanned.
AgePosted: 2015-Jan-29 3:35 pm 

Joined: 2013-Feb-03 7:15 am
Age: Drake
24x30cl wrote:
Inkeyes22 wrote:
Picture cut for politeness


Is it me or does she look like a pornstar trying to look naughty in a gothic style dress instead of a power-hungry black mage that makes you shit fifty shades of brown upon sight?


Yeah, that picture has a lot more skin than I first realized. Not that that is necessarily a bad thing, per se. Though it might feed into the common arguments about misogyny among magic players.

Khymera wrote:
I do think that Tolarian Academy is a more powerful and more explosive card than Metalworker though.


Yeah, that. I'm not sure who doesn't.


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Why Metalworker should be unbanned.
AgePosted: 2015-Feb-01 5:34 am 
User avatar

Joined: 2011-May-04 9:09 pm
Age: Elder Dragon
Location: Saskatchewan
osieorb18 wrote:
Yeah, that picture has a lot more skin than I first realized. Not that that is necessarily a bad thing, per se. Though it might feed into the common arguments about misogyny among magic players.


As much as I understand the argument that so often comes about, many a female artist I know draw much the same as what Mr. Argyle has done above. Those I've asked all answer the same "I like to draw things I find attractive or sexy because if it's not attractive, I don't enjoy the process as much."

Just food for thought.


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Why Metalworker should be unbanned.
AgePosted: 2015-Feb-02 3:17 am 

Joined: 2013-Jan-07 1:45 am
Age: Dragon
24x30cl wrote:
Is it me or does she look like a pornstar trying to look naughty in a gothic style dress instead of a power-hungry black mage that makes you shit fifty shades of brown upon sight?

That's an interesting picture. What's that from? It looks like the Liliana of the Veil art is a toned-down version of this. It's understandable they made the card less sexy, but why cut out the cool detail in the background? I'm confused by how similar this is to the card-art.

_________________
Decklists:
Kothophed (mono black control, ETB abuse)
Teferi, Temporal Archmage (blue pillowfort superfriends)
Glint-Eye Nephilim (combat tricks, card draw, & creature pump)
Oloro Upkeep Tribal (enchantment-based control)
and more:Decklists


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 58 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

All times are UTC - 7 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 43 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to: